Si Sa Ket’s famous walking street set to reopen

snoop1130

Si Sa Ket’s famous walking street set to reopen

By THE NATION

800_9e60f678f750477.jpg

Photo: SISAKET CHANNEL

Si Sa Ket province’s famous Sunday walking street on Chottiphan Road will reopen on May 17 after it was closed mid-March, governor Sarid Nakwarin announced recently.

However, he said, all vendors will have to strictly comply with the social-distancing protocol as well as wear face shields and provide sanitising gel to customers.

Eateries will also have to abide by the ban on serving alcoholic beverages.

Those who fail to observe the rules will be immediately banned from selling products.

There have been no new Covid-19 infections in the province over the past 26 days.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387719?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-12

"Famous"

HaHa.

I've lived 44km down the road from meuang Sisaket for 13 years. Never heard of it, or been there*.

I may go now - perhaps I missed something ????

* the famous Sunday market that is!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe all the Chinese tourists will flock there as Pattaya's Walking Street is permanently closed.

Brilliant!

Build a "Walking Street" somewhere south of that fake floating market and send them there.

Just needs a Potemkin village type of facade with glittering lights and neons ("Gogo", "Bar", "Disco").

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering most Thai males seem to have a bottle of Chang with every meal of the day, that'll cut down business

You're probably hanging around too many Somchais who work as day laborers. Thai professionals, particularly of the younger generation certainly don't drink all the time, if at all.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe all the Chinese tourists will flock there as Pattaya's Walking Street is permanently closed.

Permanently? Hardly possible to make a claim like that. Pattaya's walking street should be back in business by the middle of next month. Chinese tourists probably won't be seen there until at least July.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering most Thai males seem to have a bottle of Chang with every meal of the day, that'll cut down business

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

You're probably hanging around too many Somchais who work as day laborers. Thai professionals, particularly of the younger generation certainly don't drink all the time, if at all.

@RichardColeman I think you've made a sad generalization of Thai males. I use to spend time with my wife's family on the farm in Issan, where unless we bought the beer, there was none. There were many nights we didn't buy beer. I don't drink it with my meals so it was only consumed on 'special' occasions.