Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine as hedge against virus

webfact

Just now, stevenl said:

I couldn't find that one, did find the mention of counties quite a few times.

Sometimes statistical analysis is tricky, and sometimes a finding just jumps off the page. Here’s one example of the latter.

I took a list of all 981 U.S. counties1 with 50,000 or more people2 and sorted it by the share of the population3 that had completed at least a four-year college degree. Hillary Clinton improved on President Obama’s 2012 performance in 48 of the country’s 50 most-well-educated counties. And on average, she improved on Obama’s margin of victory in these countries by almost 9 percentage points, even though Obama had done pretty well in them to begin with.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

Sometimes statistical analysis is tricky, and sometimes a finding just jumps off the page. Here’s one example of the latter.

I took a list of all 981 U.S. counties1 with 50,000 or more people2 and sorted it by the share of the population3 that had completed at least a four-year college degree. Hillary Clinton improved on President Obama’s 2012 performance in 48 of the country’s 50 most-well-educated counties. And on average, she improved on Obama’s margin of victory in these countries by almost 9 percentage points, even though Obama had done pretty well in them to begin with.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

Ok, got it. You really want to argue over a clear spelling mistake?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I mean there's the lesser of two evils, bad and worse, <deleted> and syphiilis. And then there's Biden. Why would anyone enthusiastically support that choice when the process that led to his nomination wasn't even close to democratic? We Democrats had atleast a dozen better choices than Biden. So how did he become inevitable?

Sure, it's unfortunate that this Alzheimer's guy became the candidate when there were many more vibrant, and progressive candidates. But, they didn't have the mainstream party traction, and now the choice is merely anyone who can dislodge this horrible abomination of a person from the presidency. In that respect, Joe is as good as anyone, and of course, his VP choice becomes critical. It has to be someone young enough and smart enough to take over. Personally, I would vote for a tired old dog to lead the country (in either party) instead of this massive sicko. And, I will do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ok, got it. You really want to argue over a clear spelling mistake?

argue?  this is the interwebs!  did you not see the goofy face emojicon?

the author of an article about education levels fails to properly proofrede his work.  that is all.

if you want to discuss the statistics, it shows trump targeted working class voters and manufacturing states.  he campaigned in the states necessary to gain the electoral votes to win the election.

smart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

The millions was not even self-made. He received daddy money of at least $60 m ($413 m in 2018). In terms of return on investment, I did better with no daddy's money. Thank you for asking. 

no u didnt

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

The millions was not even self-made. He received daddy money of at least $60 m ($413 m in 2018). In terms of return on investment, I did better with no daddy's money. Thank you for asking. 

Haha, and your list of fact challenged posts continues to grow and I really could care less where he got his seed money, I care what he did with it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

Well, Putin's oligarch gangsters also turned millions into billions. And then helped Trump in his only profitable business of laundering Russian mob rubles into dollar investments in the United States.

Are we supposed to admire?

Perhaps you haven’t been following the chain, but clearly you do not have a Great Notion of what we are talking about, and you made a lot of accusations involving money laundering with the Russian Mob.

I say you have no credible links to support your statements, or maybe we should just take your word for it! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

Just goes to show that education isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

argue?  this is the interwebs!  did you not see the goofy face emojicon?

the author of an article about education levels fails to properly proofrede his work.  that is all.

Hmmm, is someone using bad grammar and misspellings to cast sarc Trump voter's educational level?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

The most dangerous drug/disease in the US

and the UK is the news media.

and I always thought it was their respective (poor/bad) leaders

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Trump is insane, it is that simple.  I know it has been said a trillion times before but every day he just confirms his lunacy.

I don't think that he's insane, and nobody hates the jerk more than me, but he is seriously delusional. And very dangerous because of the position that he holds, and abuses. Thankfully, change is the one constant in this universe that we infest. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 1

This whole virus thing really shows people for who they are.

Dr. Justin Frank, retired George Washington University psychiatrist and author of "Trump on the Couch": Learning that a disproportionate number of black- and brown-skinned people are dying from the virus makes it easier for him to open up the economy, precisely because they wouldn't vote for him, are of no use to him, and are already objects of his malevolence. Just think about the Central Park Five or his derogatory comments about African countries. Donald Trump is his fathers's son, beloved by the Ku Klux Klan.

And then we've got Alex Azar, the HHS Czar -- I hate that word, czar, too much like imperial Russia.

"Unfortunately the American population is a very diverse — it is a population with significant unhealthy co-morbidities that do make many individuals in our communities, in particular African-American, minority communities, particularly at risk here because of significant underlying disease health disparities and disease co-morbidities and that is an unfortunate legacy in our health care system that we need to address."

Translated: "Dear black and brown people: COVID-19 is killing so many of you because you are fat and lazy. Deal with the problem yourselves. This is your own fault."

Wonderful, right? Some projections suggest that in June the daily death toll may approach or exceed 3,000 Americans — more people than were killed in the World Trade Center on 9/11, every single day. But this is a Democrat hoax. And it will miraculously end the day after the election, just ask Donny, Jr.

Twilight Zone doesn't have a candle on this.

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Thanks 1