Why do thai men let the girlfriends work in bar

Why do the thai men let their girlfriends work in bar? I have met alot of woman that have bfs that work in gogo bars, I even met one girl whos boyfriend worked in same club. I understand the money situation, but surely the man must be hurting to see his girl go with different men most nights. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

An interesting discussion.

Perhaps the idea is a completely alien concept to us (westerners) who've grown up with the luxury of education and a welfare service befitting of western morals, however, those who have grown up in society where the necessity for such is tolerated, accepted and understood I suspect the actions of 'going with another' for money is seen as nothing more than work.... its a job, its just a job...

"You can have my body, but you can't have my soul" type of thing....

True

particularly with the boudhist thing where the spirit

is considered as a different and separate thing from the body.

It's why for the funerals,after the religious ceremony where the spirit is saved

and ready for the next reincarnation, the body become just an useless envelop that can be burned

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daphnia88 said:

There are still waitresses.... Maids.... Nannies..... they can get a job fairly quickly if they want to. It just won't be a quick 2k made within 4 hours.... Which then proves my point. Money wins over everything else. 

Still doesn't answer the question

with a job (Waitress, maid, nannie and so on) they can have

9 or 10000 bahts at the end of the month, but how they can pay

their room, the food, transport and so on the first month and still send

the 5000 to the village? 

Don't forget they are in emergency when they get here the first time

• Like 2

Easy /quick money. It starts with basics and soon builds up (Maslow theory) to smart phones (latest models),motorbikes, clothes,restaurants,car ,house ,holidays....

there is no end to it. In fact you are now trapped.

the virus situation has been a cold shower for many. Cannot go back to hometown or not wanted back (fear of virus).

You really know who your friend/boy friend /family member are when the going gets tough..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Oh this threads going to be a delight.

I thought the same as a newbie tries to wrap his head around this....i can only think "here we go again"...i've got the popcorn ready...should be hilarious.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

They can pay their room , food transport, and send money back to the village the same as the millions who have chosen not to sell their ass. Not all gals aspire to become prostitutes. Perhaps if they didn't get pregnant at 15, they wouldn't be in that position?  And their boyfriends are all for the idea of the gal going to work, meeting a  falang, perhaps a house, money sent every month, hey, maybe these guys ain't so stupid after all? Who's the stupid one sending money? 

To a lot of mugs it's love,to them it's work.

2 hours ago, daphnia88 said:

There are still waitresses.... Maids.... Nannies..... they can get a job fairly quickly if they want to. It just won't be a quick 2k made within 4 hours.... Which then proves my point. Money wins over everything else. 

It doesn't prove any point.

It's about survival.

• Like 1