Thailand reports no new domestic COVID-19 cases for 17 consecutive days

webfact

Thailand reports no new domestic COVID-19 cases for 17 consecutive days

2020-06-11T044556Z_1_LYNXMPEG5A0BI_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: People wearing face masks shop inside the Sampheng wholesale market as Thai government eases isolation measures, following the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand, June 10, 2020. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Thursday reported no new coronavirus infections or deaths, maintaining the total of 3,125 confirmed cases and 58 fatalities.

It was the first time in nearly three weeks that no cases were reported and the 17th day without a local transmission. All recent cases have been found in quarantine among Thais returning from abroad.

There are 2,987 patients who have recovered, said Panprapa Yongtrakul, a spokeswoman for the government's COVID-19 Administration Centre.

(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-06-11

22 minutes ago, zeamonkey said:

False information because you are too lazy to do your own research? Here you go lazy boy: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1167979-covid-19-keep-wearing-masks-risks-from-asymptomatic-young-people-on-the-rise/

The post was false.

48 minutes ago, keith101 said:

What about all the A Symptomatic cases we are told about among school children that test positive to covid-19 ,why are they not being counted?

If you read the article it says they have already been counted as 26% of the previously reported cases.  

So, maybe actually read and comprehend the information

next time.

No new cases for 17 days is the truth.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The post was false.

If you read the article it says they have already been counted as 26% of the previously reported cases.

next time.

Not too mention research papers have shown, as well as the WHO have stated, that the spread from asymptomatic people is "rare". 

Enough scare mongering by people afraid to get on with their life.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Not too mention research papers have shown, as well as the WHO have stated, that the spread from asymptomatic people is "rare". 

Actually WHO has retracted that after much uproar from others in the scientific community.

Several studies show as much as 40% of cases being acquired from people who were asymptomatic, at least at the time.

How much risk asymptomatic children and teens pose is still unclear and subject of much controversy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangkokfrog said:

If true, well done Thailand... but it is hard to believe that this is not a manufactured result to justify opening the Covid tourist gates soon to prop up the economy. 

If true, well done Thailand... but it is hard to believe that this is not a manufactured result to justify opening the Covid Chinese tourist gates soon to prop up the economy. 

Hope you don't mind but I've corrected it for you...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Zero domestic transmissions is overwhelming proof that temperature checks and face masks really do make a difference...

You cannot be serious...... where did you get the laughing gas?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Actually WHO has retracted that after much uproar from others in the scientific community.

Several studies show as much as 40% of cases being acquired from people who were asymptomatic, at least at the time.

How much risk asymptomatic children and teens pose is still unclear and subject of much controversy.

There are studies on both sides. I believe the difference is between asymptomatic people (not infectious) and presymptomatic (infectious, but not sure how much) people. I tend to give more credit to the more recent studies as the understanding is constantly changing. I have seen the link to the April 14 study you posted.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

There are studies on both sides. I believe the difference is between asymptomatic people (not infectious) and presymptomatic (infectious, but not sure how much) people. I tend to give more credit to the more recent studies as the understanding is constantly changing. I have seen the link to the April 14 study you posted.

There's been a conflict of interest declared in the study that prompted the initial comments on this from WHO as one of the Authors submitted this.

Conflict of interest: Prof Mary-Louise McLaws is a member of World Health Organization (WHO) Health Emergencies Program Experts Advisory Panel for Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Preparedness, Readiness and Response to COVID-19 and WHO IPC Guidance Development Group for COVID-19. All other authors declare no competing interests.

Not saying that this affects it credibility but may have political reasons as to why they then did a flip flop?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.10.20097543v2.full.pdf  (page 12)

Thailand deaths up by over 4% during the last few months.... many thousands across the country.

Never been any significant kingdom wide testing only for returnees.

Yet the generals assuming the role of an elected government still keep up the charade of daily announcements..... no new domestic cases in a population close to 70 million.

Same guys who proudly proclaimed Pattaya as having no evidence of prostitution........and amazingly many guys on here actually want to believe the Thailand is free from Covid 19 fantasy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Of course they did, they got blowback and walked back studies and findings.  Now as you rightly stated earlier, "presymptomatic carriers" are spreading things.  

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's been a conflict of interest declared in the study that prompted the initial comments on this from WHO as one of the Authors submitted this.

Conflict of interest: Prof Mary-Louise McLaws is a member of World Health Organization (WHO) Health Emergencies Program Experts Advisory Panel for Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Preparedness, Readiness and Response to COVID-19 and WHO IPC Guidance Development Group for COVID-19. All other authors declare no competing interests.

Not saying that this affects it credibility but may have political reasons as to why they then did a flip flop?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.10.20097543v2.full.pdf  (page 12)

So in the study that said asymptomatics had low transmission one of the authors has a conflict of interest?

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So in the study that said asymptomatics had low transmission one of the authors has a conflict of interest?

Yes that's what she herself declared as she is a member of World Health Organization (WHO) Health Emergencies Program Experts Advisory Panel for Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Preparedness, Readiness and Response to COVID-19 and WHO IPC Guidance Development Group for COVID-19.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The post was false.

next time.

No new cases for 17 days is the truth.

I just went back and looked at that article again. It actually says that age group represents 26% of reported cases. It doesn't clarify how many, if any, of that particular set of 800+ cases have been counted in the official reports. 

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So if there is no one out there with it to catch it from, why are we not able to get a beer with lunch and have to wear a mask to get in anywhere? The threat is pretty much finished until they reopen the country to the world.

Because my friend, if we let you plebs out to enjoy a beer on the beach with your friends - then Covid-19: The Second Wave will rise like a Phuket tsunami and cut down the people of Thailand like chain-saw wielding poachers in a mangrove forest.  You plebs must be made to social distance and wear masks forever.  That is the price of "freedom" in your New Normal, 'eh? 

<In the meantime back at a seaside lunch with the Anutin entourage...>
"Can you pass the naam-plaa mai?"

AnutinSpecial.jpg.3646e3fd0c1ba172ad1788f25120de0d.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Because my friend, if we let you plebs out to enjoy a beer on the beach with your friends - then Covid-19: The Second Wave will rise like a Phuket tsunami and cut down the people of Thailand like chain-saw wielding poachers in a mangrove forest.  You plebs must be made to social distance and wear masks forever.  That is the price of "freedom" in your New Normal, 'eh? 

<In the meantime back at a seaside lunch with the Anutin entourage...>
"Can you pass the naam-plaa mai?"

AnutinSpecial.jpg.3646e3fd0c1ba172ad1788f25120de0d.jpg

No worries, Anutin has a Tik Tok account now, his new social media toy, he cares not ????

In his first clip posted May 29, he lip syncs audio by TikTok toddler @Phuriwat.M. “People watching aren’t giving me hearts. I’ll spank you,” he mouths.

In the second clip posted May 31, he posts a photo of a plane taking off to “Come Fly With Me” sung by Steven Davis.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2020/06/11/anutin-has-a-tiktok-account-and-of-course-its-wacky/

Untitled-1-copy-3-696x505.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I just went back and looked at that article again. It actually says that age group represents 26% of reported cases. It doesn't clarify how many, if any, of that particular set of 800+ cases have been counted in the official reports. 

Haha.

Well, you have been on here for weeks arguing against the numbers with several posts that I felt made absolutely no sense.

But, this one now of yours really takes the cake for lack of common sense.

Just digging a hole for yourself trying to prove what?

Ok, simple math:

There have been 3125 reported cases.  26% of that is 812.

So, all of the 800 + cases in the article have been reported and are part of the official positive reported case count.

Make sense to you now?...

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Thailand deaths up by over 4% during the last few months.... many thousands across the country.

Never been any significant kingdom wide testing only for returnees.

Yet the generals assuming the role of an elected government still keep up the charade of daily announcements..... no new domestic cases in a population close to 70 million.

Same guys who proudly proclaimed Pattaya as having no evidence of prostitution........and amazingly many guys on here actually want to believe the Thailand is free from Covid 19 fantasy.

Seems like they know a bit more, well, they dont guess and make expansive claims anyway.

So let's get the bars open & at least allow all of us who have been good boys for the last 3 months

to have a quiet beer with our mates who obviously are not infected.

As to opening up to International arrivals I cannot see a way to do this for at least another 6 weeks, maybe 10 weeks depending on the rest of the worlds situation development in this time frame

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

As to opening up to International arrivals I cannot see a way to do this for at least another 6 weeks, maybe 10 weeks depending on the rest of the worlds situation development in this time frame

And yet this is happening in Europe. An opening to most non high risk nations July 1.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/06/10/europe-travel-eu-welcomes-tourists-july-1-borders-reopen/#77f4c523fe66