‘Good news about curfew' in pipeline

snoop1130

‘Good news about curfew' in pipeline

By The Nation

800_34cf4e0f3e8cc4b.jpg

General Somsak Rungsita

“Good news” about the curfew would be announced on Friday (June 12), declared National Security Council (NSC) secretary-general, General Somsak Rungsita, on Thursday.

He made his remarks following Thursday’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting presided over by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Earlier this week, the NSC proposed lifting the curfew for a 15-day trial period while maintaining the state of emergency. The 15 days would be used to evaluate whether a return to normal life minus the curfew had any effect on the spread of Covid-19.

"Related authorities have reported guidelines for venues at high risk for Covid-19 infections," he said.

"Meanwhile, the prime minister did not give any orders [during the meeting] because the process of lockdown relaxation is 95 per cent completed, while we have received good cooperation from the public as well."

He added that the government will ease lockdown measures as much as is safely possible to allow people to return to their normal daily activities.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389454

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-11

• Sad 2

When they do allow foreigners into the country from some locations these are the places which will be directly held responsible for changing Thailand from a COVID free place into a COVID infected zone, again.

There was talk of China and some other Asian countries being on the 'allowed travel' list.

This is a list of countries which will be blamed if there is even a single infection detected in Thailand, perhaps not by the government but definitely by the people.

Would you want to be on the list of potential countries of blame or maybe better stay off the list?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

who is out between 11 -3/4 am ?  ladyboys?  hookers ?  burglars ?

Not me , I'm tucked up nice and warm at 10 PM in between the first two.....not for the reason you're thinking but for safety just in case the last one pays a visit.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Of course it will have a zero effect on the spread of COVID-19.

Right now there are ZERO cases of COVID-19 in the country outside of the quarantines, or so they claim.

They've walked themselves into a trap by announcing zero infections over an extended period of time and there's no clear and easy way out of this situation for them.

Removing curfew will not in any way change the fact that there's zero COVID-19 cases in the country, the number will continue to be zero regardless of what people inside the country do.

The only way there will be new COVID cases inside Thailand now is if the government allow them to enter from abroad.

When that happens everyone knows who to blame.

Seems to me, the government is very keen to let the Chinese back in, I wonder if he will let NZ citz in.

If he does let Aussies and Kiwis back in then the problem would be flying in as there won,t be flights and the NZ govt will not let you back in until the border is regarded as safe.

On RT news yesterday the Russians are set to release a drug that they are testing that stops the effects of c19 on the lungs, the very thing that kills people is when the lungs cant process oxygen to the blood.

So that may be  a game changer due to be released in July.

If Thailand opens the gates again to China and recieves a second wave of c19 then tourism will be in complete chaos, chaos like in America and Britain where the virus and the people are still going crazy.

NZ latest score , no new cases for the last 20 days, 1500 0dd total cases recorded-- no active cases, 21 deaths of which 10 were from an old peoples home.

I hope I can come back soon.

Cheers to all you guys, keep clean and Healthy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Has he had a go at a bit of DIY haircutting with one of those razor comb things .. 

Very possibly. I tried one once, it was definitely the wrong thing to do.

57 minutes ago, SymS said:

A good news about the curfew would be an extension. I just sleep at those times, and it's so much safer with the curfew! ????

Sleeping is safer with the curfew? Are you sleeping on a bench at the bus stop?

Edited by JonnyF

Sad news for me......it means the street racers without exhaust systems will be back on the roads. It is difficult not to feel homicidal when they go past my house. The police refuse to do anything about it.....I even offered to pay for traffic stop, if they would impound the bikes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sad news for me......it means the street racers without exhaust systems will be back on the roads. It is difficult not to feel homicidal when they go past my house. The police refuse to do anything about it.....I even offered to pay for traffic stop, if they would impound the bikes.

Same with the often insane bar noise here in Pattaya. Nobody cares. Even closing times. Nobody cares. The curfew was the only law that worked so far. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The 15 days would be used to evaluate whether a return to normal life minus the curfew had any effect on the spread of Covid-19

The curfew has been a complete waste of time for the past six weeks,  it became obsolete when they banned the sale of alcohol.