Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

1 hour ago, Mark121 said:

What is this about registered expats? I have a retirement visa but left the country to visit family in the states just before things locked down. I want to return as soon as I am allowed. I've never heard of registering to return. What is that and is it required?

I know it’s difficult to understand that valid visas are not granted, if you meet all the other requirements.

4 hours ago, khastan said:

Hi Does anybody know how to apply for the medical and wellness criteria to travel into Thailand please? 

All applications go via your local Thai embassy or consulate.

46 minutes ago, CLS said:

The bottleneck is the limited quarantine resources, e.g. alternate state quarantine rooms, medical personnel and Covid-19 test kits.

This is only an excuse.

Nobody knows.

Thailand handled 40 million tourists per year.

700.000 hotel rooms.

Number of Covid tests done in Thailand are a joke compared to other countries.

They just don't want it.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the worst day so far according to Who , it's not over yet

The world saw the largest daily increase yet in coronavirus cases yesterday, official statistics have shown as the pandemic continues to accelerate and wreak havoc globally.

World Health Organization (WHO) figures revealed 183,020 Covid-19 infections were recorded on Sunday, June 21 — topping the previous high of 181,000 on Thursday, June 18. 

• Like 1

its a bit thin to say the least,business people have no special super immunity and are capeable of spreading the virus just as anyone is.china has consistently lied about the virus,it came from there .they lied about that and willingly and knowingly exported it to the world over chinese new year.many people hold valid visas and cant enter the country,surely they should be the ones allowed first,they may have to quarantine but they legally hold entry docs.this is bizarre there are so many other countries with low rates that arnt included.taiwan hk malaysia many european countries.one person says there must be  under 100 cases per day,so that same rule applies to the countries that have vastly different sized pops??that cant be any accurate measure. the whole things smacks of racism and incompetence.

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Have worked it out:

Group 1 people who are easily fleeced as they have no option but to come

Group 2 lucrative groups who have a choice therefore much harder to fleece

Seems about right and par for the course....

The only thing that seems like par of the course, is your stance in the matter.

I guess it would be terrible for you to be happy for the people that can return and re-unite with their families?

I can explain it quite easy for you. Thailand needs new business an tourism. It´s very hard to put a person on a business trip for 1-7 days in 14 days quarantine. Same as it bot possible to put a 1-week tourist in 14 day quarantine.

Medical tourism is often longer time, married people stay in Thailand and workers also stay. Therefore out of safety precautions they chose to use 14 day quarantine in those cases.

"3. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus."

China is marked as the first country. Remember the frightening news reports every day in March and April from Wuhan?? The powers to be must be crazy and their eyes full of dollar bills.

Sorry for stupid question,but what means"registered"and where registered? I'm on a NON O extension married to Thai.Does that mean if I go for a vacation to Europe I will have to register with a Thai embassy to get entry to Thailand,even I have a re-entry permit and valid extension until December?

That is a really stupid idea.

Specially China, with the fake numbers of cases. 

Welcome them and wait.

Natur will punish Thailand.

A country which will not learn from their history, is damned to repeat their mistakes.

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Biggest losers are the Expat retiree and fathers of Thai kids. Now how can the despicable Chinese be ok and better above those 2 groups? And yes for the most part the Chinese are unworthy of this decision.

If Chinese are so despicable and Thailand still choose to prioritize them over losers like you, what can you do? A lot of you here are no longer an attractive economical viable option, judging from the comments here. 

The government have been accorded plaudits over its handling of the Covid problem. They seem about to snatch failure from the jaws of victory.

The country has been fine under lock down unless you owned a business that was impacted....and it has kept deaths to an absolute minimum. They seem clueless how to open up the country or to bring back tourism. 

17 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Seriously?

Less than 200 cases in 10 days in Beijing...  (USA ~25'000 cases yesterday only!)

in a city of 20+ millions people...

in a country of ~1'400'000'000 people...

A lot of noise for very few cases well controlled... IMHO.

The accuracy about the count from both countries is?

There must be hundreds of long term Retirees like me  stranded abroad. We contribute a large amount of money to the Thai economy.

Does anyone know when the Thai border will be open for  Retirement Visa holders who are stranded overseas to return to Thailand?

In my case my Thai Retirement Visa will expire within a month and i cannot return but hoping long term Visa holders can return soon.

Interested to hear how many  others are  in the same situation.

What about those with retirement visas returning to Thailand? We have to make a trip to HK and know that we are going to have to go through testing and temporary quarantine until the results are known. When we return to Thailand will we need to go into Government or self-quarantine? We already did the 3 months!

Still very unclear.

16 minutes ago, pops1 said:

How do you register to enter? I have to do a border run. I am married to a Thai but I don't know how to register to enter.

Just carry your marriage license with you wherever you pass Thai immigration officials or consular or embassy officials.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

How can they dare to maintain China in the list of the ''safe'' countries

with the last events in Beijing ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/anxiety-in-beijing-as-officials-battle-new-coronavirus-outbreak

I feel sure you have been in Thailand long enough to realise, you cannot understand or change Thai logic. If, and whenever you do, it is time to pack up and leave.

• Like 2

The Thai government seems to be tripping over themselves and doing convoluted yoga poses in an effort to find ways to bend over backwards in getting Chinese tourists back into the kingdom. 
The virus originated there and is making reoccurrences in multiple locations within China and yet thailand can’t seem to hurry fast enough to remove any obstacles in waving them through the border. 

master and servant?

The Thai government will be under severe and increasing pressure from retail. tourism connected business to either bail them out or let tourists in

A few thousand retirees is not going to cut it

There will be risk of importing covid from most countries so a choice of opening up to neighbouring countries as is the case in Europe, prompted also by the current lack of air travel available, would be a reasonable decision