"Inside" info on Extension of Amnesty

27 minutes ago, greggraham said:

And by "during the amnesty" you mean until the end of Sept (once it's announced)?

Yes

27 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Should I be able to jump straight from amnesty to marriage visa (for the first time)? Or might they want the 60 day first?

I assume you already have a non-o visa entry that you plan on extendinng for one year (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

Some office may not consider the "automatic" extension under  the amnesty a entry form a non-o visa or not a valid permit to stay. In that case the 60 day extension may be needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No

There will no need to apply for the 60 day extension since you will be able stay until the 26th or 30th of September without doing one. You can wait until then to do the application if you have not done one already.

I am reading statements made by the immigration person , that the amnesty extension is for persons who cannot leave .

They are to be granted a 30 day special extension on a case by case basis with documented evidence provided.

It is my understanding at present people ate not getting an extension  but are given a period of time after 31 July to either leave or apply for special 30 day extension/visa.

another words if you want to leave, leave anytime before or up to the 26th or 30th, if you want to stay do your extension before or up to the 26th or 30th expired, anything after that are consider overstay

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, cleopatra2 said:

I am reading statements made by the immigration person , that the amnesty extension is for persons who cannot leave .

They are to be granted a 30 day special extension on a case by case basis with documented evidence provided.

It is my understanding at present people ate not getting an extension  but are given a period of time after 31 July to either leave or apply for special 30 day extension/visa.

You're only partially correct. Don't dwell on the terminology too much. This is a final amnesty. It means you have the following choices depending on your circumstances:

1) do nothing if you plan to leave on or before Sep 26 and have a flight out (which hopefully won't be cancelled)

2) seek a normal extension you are eligible for, anytime between now and Sep 26

3) seek a 1-week "get out of Thailand extension" if you have firm travel plans within 7 days after Sep 26

4) seek a 30-day extension, with necessary proof that you are stuck and unable to leave by Sep 26

28 minutes ago, drbeach said:

You're only partially correct. Don't dwell on the terminology too much. This is a final amnesty. It means you have the following choices depending on your circumstances:

1) do nothing if you plan to leave on or before Sep 26 and have a flight out (which hopefully won't be cancelled)

2) seek a normal extension you are eligible for, anytime between now and Sep 26

3) seek a 1-week "get out of Thailand extension" if you have firm travel plans within 7 days after Sep 26

4) seek a 30-day extension, with necessary proof that you are stuck and unable to leave by Sep 26

This looks the most accurate. Remember that Immigration does not at all times specify all visa types or use the correct terms (aka terms we may use). They may say you can either leave or get 30 days extension, but you may also get a 60 days extension (if you qualify), they may just not mention it.