Thai central bank says could be several years before tourist numbers normalise

webfact

7 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Speak for yourself.  I can travel now but not with the stupid quarantine rules. I could easily get my wife to pick me up in bangkok then go straight to her home and self quarantine.  What is the difference apart from me not paying nearly 2000 quid for a stupid hote

The so-called state quarantine is not stupid. 

It has prevented a resurgence of the virus inside Thailand, with dozens of quarantined Thais being tested positive and treated accordingly. 

If Thai people accept the quarantine, for their own good and the good of their country, foreigners would be wise to do the same. 

Just a handful of visitors have escaped quarantine, notably the Egyptian soldiers and the Sudanese girl, and this has already caused a disaster. 

No need for more... 

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Speak for yourself.  I can travel now but not with the stupid quarantine rules. I could easily get my wife to pick me up in bangkok then go straight to her home and self quarantine.  What is the difference apart from me not paying nearly 2000 quid for a stupid hote

You just repeated basically what I said. Yeah I have money too, but most do not have enough with the numbers they are looking at and for the hoops and cost they are making someone who wants to come here spend.

8 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

What visa do you have ?