Thai immigration clarifies situation for tourists and long term visa holders during amnesty period

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My annual extension (retirement) is due early November. 

When am supposed to do it? 

Prior to Sept 26? 

you only need to do a 90 day report before Aug 31st
and that is only if you have not done your usual report by now (during the amnesty)
you are not on amnesty apart from 90 day reports
so next action would be to do yearly extension as usual

(now i see why you are bitter at those who stay on ME marriage visa's) ????

Edited by innosiem

The picture will be a lot clearer in the next 2-3 weeks when reports start to come in what's actually being done. Instead of the guessing games on the forum that's mostly being done.

If for example NON-O ME visa holders gets a second 60 day extension, that would be very noteworthy, but I guess also very unlikely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

The picture will be a lot clearer in the next 2-3 weeks when reports start to come in what's actually being done. Instead of the guessing games on the forum that's mostly being done.

If for example NON-O ME visa holders gets a second 60 day extension, that would be very noteworthy, but I guess also very unlikely.

Non O ME holders have been given the option to convert to an extension based on being married.

If they have used their 60 days they have until 26 Sept to apply for that extension ( lump sum or income proof )

Without the money or income proof they 'may' get 60 days, if they haven't used their 60 days, on 26th Sept or they 'may' get 30 days 

( with an embassy letter ).

They have to check with their local Imm' office.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It's a descending attitude toward all other farangs who aren't them. The Covid and amnesty situation, and their "get out!" response, have been quite telling.

I've heard it said more than a few times during my time in Thailand, be wary of the other farangs, for they may have had a good reason for leaving their home countries.

Tell me, I reckon that the TI's handling of the Covid situation makes perfect sense. Do I have a condescending attitude?

1 hour ago, innosiem said:

you only need to do a 90 day report before Aug 31st
and that is only if you have not done your usual report by now (during the amnesty)
you are not on amnesty apart from 90 day reports
so next action would be to do yearly extension as usual

(now i see why you are bitter at those who stay on ME marriage visa's) ????

Well that is not what it says,  its what you think it says. Which isn't helpful. The long term description uses the conjunction "and" , which in essence means all long term visa holders needing and not needing an extension must extend by Sept 26. Of course that means a separate trip to immigration with thai translator because: a) immigration didnt clarify their clarification correctly b) TV didn't translate correctly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

If  you now have to do a 90 report by August 31, can you do it online?

I don't think so.

I have been keeping my 90 days reports "up to date" and recently renewed online. I tried 2 days earlier than required ( 12 days before, instead of 10 days) and it wasn't accepted.

So I can imagine anyone whose 90 day report is overdue will not be able to do it online.

It is possible the immigration bureau has removed this restriction, but somehow I don't think they are so technically minded.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Well that is not what it says,  its what you think it says. Which isn't helpful. The long term description uses the conjunction "and" , which in essence means all long term visa holders needing and not needing an extension must extend by Sept 26. Of course that means a separate trip to immigration with thai translator because: a) immigration didnt clarify their clarification correctly b) TV didn't translate correctly.

You do know the difference between a visa and an extension?

If on an extension already all you have to do is a 90 day report before 31 August.

That is the only effect if on an extension already.

• Like 1

I’m on a METV and covered by the previous amnesty until July 31st. 

With new amnesty in place, does this imply I’m automatically on amnesty again until sept. 26?

My plan was to extend 30 days just before July 31st, but for now, does this mean I can wait to extend by Sept. 26 - right? 

That would then put me until Oct. 26 after 30 day extension.

5 minutes ago, racket said:

I’m on a METV and covered by the previous amnesty until July 31st. 

With new amnesty in place, does this imply I’m automatically on amnesty again until sept. 26?

My plan was to extend 30 days just before July 31st, but for now, does this mean I can wait to extend by Sept. 26 - right? 

That would then put me until Oct. 26 after 30 day extension.

that is how I read it, but best to confirm with your Imm office.

• Like 1