Back in Thailand ;-)

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Very informative. How many foreigners (non-Thai) were on the flight with you?

I would say about 30 total in the airplane, almost all were in business class, I think I saw a family with 2 kids going to economy class and another couple. The flight seemed pretty full but since I didn't walk in economy I am not sure if they filled every seat or not. I would say there were roughly 300 people on the flight, but the plane continued to Jakarta after Bangkok, so I would say 200 stopped at Bangkok including ~25 foreigners.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sirocco said:

well done for those details and your fair play, but it's a real obstacle course.
You really have to have a good reason to come to Thailand, OR have a spirit of challenge.
But it's good.
Good continuation and good evening.

Yes... I have my life here, my wife and a business... Got stuck during a business trip... So it was more or less "do or die"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And with all the hassles and hoops one has to jump through to get here, i read today that 3 people have returned to Thailand, among many before them,  infected with the coronavirus, how is that possible i ask? where are all the checks and fit to fly and other requirements that needed to just get on a plan now days i ask again?...

This is why they require a 14 day quarantine. Tests are not perfect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

I would say about 30 total in the airplane, almost all were in business class, I think I saw a family with 2 kids going to economy class and another couple. The flight seemed pretty full but since I didn't walk in economy I am not sure if they filled every seat or not. I would say there were roughly 300 people on the flight, but the plane continued to Jakarta after Bangkok, so I would say 200 stopped at Bangkok including ~25 foreigners.

Ahh... so this is not a "repatriation" flight if the flight had a second leg of passengers.... I would expect a "repatriation" flight to be dedicated to only traveling one way for the stated purpose only. So people having a hard time getting flights are due to other secondary passengers. Not too mention, being pushed into the business class at an inflated price. I wonder if all flights are being handled this way?

Edited by Tounge Thaied

14 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What are the implications of positive covid-19 test during quarantine?

You will be taken to the hospital for treatment and isolation whether you are symptomatic or not, and you'll stay there until you test negative twice at 1 week interval (So you are there for at least 3 weeks), all that at your (insurance) expense. After you are released you are free.

In my case, I have asked this eventuality to my lawyer, as I am already in the country, they could ask a delay to submit some pieces for my work permit extension (the medical certificate which I cannot get while I am in quarantine), so I should be fine in any case.

2 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Ahh... so this is not a "repatriation" flight if the flight had a second leg of passengers.... I would expect a "repatriation" flight to be dedicated to only traveling one way for the stated purpose only. So people having a hard time getting flights are due to other secondary passengers. Not too mention, being pushed into the business class at an inflated price. I wonder if all flights are being handled this way?

I also had the wrong idea of repatriation flight... it is a commercial flight which can only be sold through embassies/government (so unlisted to the public). It was paid directly to KLM, the price is the regular price for a one way ticket (I checked, it's true). Now about the leg to Indonesia... I discovered it at the airport, maybe they worked with the government of indonesia... I'm not sure. What I know for sure is that the thai embassy in the netherlands managed all directly with KLM, and the thai embasys in belgium worked through the one in the netherlands. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai's are not always required to get a covid 19 test before traveling is the main reason. They are tested as soon as they arrive.

If that's confirmed, that may also be one reason why they push foreigners to business class and thai to economy class... 

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai's are not always required to get a covid 19 test before traveling is the main reason. They are tested as soon as they arrive.

But also, even if someone had tested negative 3 days earlier, they could still have been exposed to the virus after that and they most likely wouldn't show symptoms until a couple of days after the flight, given that the median period for the onset of symptoms is 4-6 days after infection.

8 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

But also, even if someone had tested negative 3 days earlier, they could still have been exposed to the virus after that and they most likely wouldn't show symptoms until a couple of days after the flight, given that the median period for the onset of symptoms is 4-6 days after infection.

All the more reason why governments and all agencies should be adopting one of the several accurate tests which bring a report negative/positive within 15 minutes. And folks who have done this test must wait in a secured area until the result is known. 

I'm wondering why in Australia and other countries where they are doing mass public testing they don't re-organize the process/ the location and do the 15 minute test. And must be taken to a hospital if the result is positive.

Why? Because in Australia it's well proven that during the wait for the report period (3 to 5 + days) testees are not waiting for the result at home, they are going to work, going shopping etc., meaning the virus is continuing to spread.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

I also had the wrong idea of repatriation flight... it is a commercial flight which can only be sold through embassies/government (so unlisted to the public).

It would need to be classed as "repatriation" to get permission to land under the CAAT directive.

The whole situation will get a lot clearer when commercial flights are allowed to land.

• Like 1

Very interesting read I presume you paid the business class rate on the flight.my wife is stuck in the U.K. and requires wheel chair assistance but having read your positive report I will continue to tell her to stay in the U.K. even if it’s for another 6 months I really cannot get my head around it why you cannot self quarantine in your own home . Your father has a good doctor who was willing to help you in your hour of need my wife had to see her doctor last week this is what happens in the U.K.  first you ring the health centre they give you a time of appointment . You are then told once you arrive at the health centre to go to the car park and call again to let them know you are outside they tell you to wait in your car, the doctor eventually comes out to you dressed in what resembles an astronauts protective suit and full plastic face mask he speaks to you through the car window and then determines wether your treatment requires you to enter the clinic if he thinks differently he informs you what to do and go home . My wife also tells me it’s nigh on impossible to get a medical certificate or insurance and the Thai embassy is 250 miles from where she is living 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Very interesting read I presume you paid the business class rate on the flight.my wife is stuck in the U.K. and requires wheel chair assistance but having read your positive report I will continue to tell her to stay in the U.K. even if it’s for another 6 months I really cannot get my head around it why you cannot self quarantine in your own home . Your father has a good doctor who was willing to help you in your hour of need my wife had to see her doctor last week this is what happens in the U.K.  first you ring the health centre they give you a time of appointment . You are then told once you arrive at the health centre to go to the car park and call again to let them know you are outside they tell you to wait in your car, the doctor eventually comes out to you dressed in what resembles an astronauts protective suit and full plastic face mask he speaks to you through the car window and then determines wether your treatment requires you to enter the clinic if he thinks differently he informs you what to do and go home . My wife also tells me it’s nigh on impossible to get a medical certificate or insurance and the Thai embassy is 250 miles from where she is living 

You are wondering why self-quarantine does not work. Its because people don't stick to the rules. So its easier to have them all at a central location and check that they don't get out. It sucks but too many people would say they go in home quarantaine but in reality go out anyway. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, ezzra said:

And with all the hassles and hoops one has to jump through to get here, i read today that 3 people have returned to Thailand, among many before them,  infected with the coronavirus, how is that possible i ask? where are all the checks and fit to fly and other requirements that needed to just get on a plan now days i ask again?...

Thai Citizens do not have to have a negative COVID-19 test to board the plane, that's why.  It is one of the main gripes about those coming back that we (as non-Thai citizens) have to get a Covid-19 RT-PCR test (VERY hard to get within 72 hrs of flight) and can not board if positive but the rest of the plane did not, you are infecting the plane with anyone that is COVID-19 active.

Yeah, based on the process you described here, guess I don't need to go back to your other post to read about the nightmare of getting the approvals, hotel and airlines set up.   My wife and I would love to get back since we are in US for more than a year now, but looks like we'll be spending another Christmas here.  However, sounds like Thailand is taking this very seriously, and that's good for everyone there.

Hello, Bender Rodriguez, post 28, 

yes, that's what I had noticed, too,
but, after all, it's his private life,
and what mattered was that they returned to Thailand before their entrepreneur visa became obsolete.
And he succeeded.