Vorayuth has no stake or involvement in TCP Group, Red Bull maker clarifies

rooster59

32 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Maybe we should get some of the members on here who take the time to tell people that they don’t care about this case and neither do Thais; to write to Red Bull and tell them not to worry. No one cares and your profits are safe. 

Red Bull's profits are already safe so why should ANYONE even bother?

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Red Bull's profits are already safe so why should ANYONE even bother?

Ask Red Bull. They’re the ones making statements distancing themselves from this turd. Hence my statement about writing them a letter. 

Edited by rkidlad

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This part of his comment I actually believe, which is a rare occurrence.

In matters such as this, Thailand has only ONE standard -- the rich and influential/connected get off entirely or mostly from criminal matters, except for those that are politically motivated. 

In that regard, their one standard has been very clear for a very long time.

BTW, in regards to the rest of the OP and the company's statement, what it DOESN'T address is what ownership share of the company he stands to inherit from his family or whatever other funds he receives based on their business income/profits.  It's not like he's out there earning a living on his own.

Who do you think has been funding his rich lifestyle on the run on this years since the policeman was killed?

A "GoFundMe" page.  Text would read: Super rich spoiled brat needs to maintain his lifestyle while avoiding prosecution on a charge of murdering a policeman in Thailand.  Target US$12 million.   

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The statement said that the current confirmed shareholders and board members of TCP Group are: Pavana Langthara, Suthirat Yoovidhya, Jiravat Yoovidhya, Pranadda Yoovidhya, Supreeya Yoovidhya, Saravoot Yoovidhya and Nucharee Yoovidhya.

Some or all of which might have protected him from justice and helped him to disappear. Might have. Possibly.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

You're not supposed to drink it neat. It's reportedly best taken with vodka but I do recall trying it in my beer a few times when some gormless fellow pisshead suggested it would help see me though to the all essential dawn. Didn't work.

Sheesh...

That’s the frightening part...I didn’t drink it neat!

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

The ripple of anger in Thailand will be gone soon enough and it will be back to normal....except the new Ferrari will be another colour. 

Most unfortunately, but certainly the way it works.

Do they already have some poo in their undies and are fearing pressure from shareholders ?

I totally support a full boykott of all their businesses and related businesses. I hope that it

will become worldwide. Honestly, never liked their pee in cans.

• Like 2

My grandson killed a copper.

Why was a statement like this not put out when the accident happened? It's a bit late now. The brand is toxic to most right thinking people who know of the history of this. But as has been stated above, such indignation will pass. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I know some of you support an international boycott but do you really think the rest of the world gives a toss? This is a Thai problem, along with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of other Thai self created problems from the greed of corruption. 

Red Bull (the company) does not need to sort itself out (I am surprised they even bothered with a release) its Thailand, its justice system, its politicians and the corrupt system that they thrive in that needs to be sorted.

But Thais (virtually all of them) don't want that sorted do they? They just want to be "lucky" enough to be one of the ones at the trough.

Red Bull (The company) is an Austrian company, Might be why the company TCP put out the press release as thats the company (rumoured) that Khun Boss was working at.

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

so what; that has nothing to do with the core issue; guy killed someone and got off as he has money; thai law is more equal to some than to others

Correct it has nothing to do with the core issue.... but s**t sticks and TCP are distancing themselves from what is seen as a diabolical decision, one which from a family perspective they are happy with but publicly must tread carefully because of business.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, connda said:

Riddle me this.  Who has the power to freeze the execution of an Interpol Red Notice when the target is a fugitive openly living in London as well as openly travelling (jet-setting) to other countries under Interpol's purvey? 

And yet, Interpol did nothing.  At the bequest of whom? 
No double-standards?  Be real.  The kid was protected by money and the power money can buy. The 99.99% don't get a free pass from Interpol.  And where does that money/power originate?

They are dancing because a Thai boycott of Red Bull and other TCP products will sting (a tiny, tiny bit).  Maybe execs have to forgo upgrading the luxury cars and boats this year.  So <alarms bells and klaxons> damage control time!  The filthy riche are loath to want.

As far as i understand it there was no Red Notice issued by Interpol as i could never find it on their list.  The Thai 'Authorities' said they were going to do it but that was just BS and i doubt they had any intention of doing it to start with.  BS baffles Brains in this country very easily which is no surprise is it, as grey matter is not one of the Populations greatest possessions !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

As far as i understand it there was no Red Notice issued by Interpol as i could never find it on their list.  The Thai 'Authorities' said they were going to do it but that was just BS and i doubt they had any intention of doing it to start with.  BS baffles Brains in this country very easily which is no surprise is it, as grey matter is not one of the Populations greatest possessions !

I agree

Additionally, Interpol does not arrest anyone. It just passes on information between different countries. 

If he was in Britain and the Brits did not arrest him then it must have been that a) they were asked not to by Thailand b) the case was so weak on paper that the arrest would not have been prudent under British law c) they could not arrest him because he was not in Britain under a passport in his own name and therefore not flagged.

I am with you, was there ever a red list filing? Or just a blue list filing that meant no arrest by a foreign police force is required.

• Like 2

Ha, ha, ha, they are afraid that they will sell a bottle less.

It is that I already do not take that mess with me.

Maybe he don't have anything to do with the company but the money? Where it comes from? From a poor guy?

Edited by Peterphuket

I just went and looked at the red list public cases. Only 12 male Thais on it.

One of them is a for a 60 year old and the picture is of somebody probably in his twenties. Guess they don't want him found either.

Thai Red Bull distances itself from hit-and-run case as boycott calls grow

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai energy drink brand Red Bull has sought to distance itself from a member of the business founder's family who was involved in a hit-and-run case, as calls to boycott its products grow.

Vorayuth Yoovidhya, grandson of the late Chaleo Yoovidhya who created the Thai energy drink Krating Daeng, or Red Bull, was accused of crashing his black Ferrari into a policeman in 2012 and dragging his body for dozens of metres before fleeing the scene.

Police said on Friday his charges, which included speeding, hit-and-run and reckless driving causing death, were dropped in a case that has raised questions about crime and punishment for the well-connected.

TCP Group, which owns the Thai Red Bull brand, said it is run by Vorayuth's uncle and not directly associated with Vorayuth, whose father has part ownership in the international Red Bull brand that Chaleo had co-founded with an Austrian partner.

"TCP Group would like to clarify that Mr. Vorayuth Yoovidhya has never assumed any role in the management and daily operations of TCP Group, was never a shareholder, nor has he held any executive position within TCP Group," the company said in a statement on late Saturday.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's office said on Sunday that news of the dropped case made him "uncomfortable" and he had ordered relevant agencies to review previous steps, adding that he had never granted personal favors.

The Office of the Attorney-General also said it would look into how the case was dropped.

Many Thais were angered by the move to drop charges, which prompted allegations of impunity for the rich and sparked calls on social media to boycott Red Bull products.

TCP Group said it was "fully aware of the situation and truly understands consumer sentiments regarding the incident."

Vorayuth's grandfather was listed as the third-richest person in Thailand when he died in 2012 aged 88, with an estimated net worth of $5 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

Red Bull GmbH sponsors Formula One racing team, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, and soccer team the New York Red Bulls.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; editing by Kay Johnson, Sam Holmes and Raissa Kasolowsky)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-27

• Haha 2