Immigration: Red Bull "Boss" removed from blacklist on July 14th - no record of him coming back to Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

was removed from an immigration blacklist on July 14th.

That day immigration had been told by Thong Lo police that charges against Boss had been dropped and so they acted accordingly as per the rules. 

So very thoughtful and proactive, let's hear it for the police: hip, hip, hooray!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration promised to update the press if there are any developments.

I'm sure he will call on the police if he needs his bottom wiped, however, I don't want to read about it.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

The police officer was killed in 2012 but Boss didn’t leave Thailand until 2017 that’s five years after he killed this police officer yet nothing was done to apprehend him WHY ?

Because he is obviously not at fault...Therefore all charges were dropped now as a logical consequence...(Irony off)

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Shame is a Christian concept, last time I looked most Thais were Buddhist.

Actually, you have it the wrong way around. Western Judeo-Christian cultures tend to be guilt-focused, which is about feeling bad for one's behaviour because it violates some objectives rules/norms (such as the 10 commandments). Eastern cultures are more shame-focused: it's about worrying what other people will think of you and feeling bad (shame/embarassment) when others think you've done something wrong. 'Face' is all about shame (not guilt). Shame is more Thai. [Do something bad when stranded on a desert isle, you can feel guilt but not shame ... unless you think your ancestors are looking down from the clouds].  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Its absolutely not.. Buddhism also talks about shame.. , Islam too.. and by all means of course Christianity and Hinduism.

????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Lies...lies...and yet more lies,these people have no shame whatsoever... :sad:

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There is such a concept as "loss of face" in Thailand. Call it what you like but lets appeal to that concept in shaming the people responsible for this perversion of justice.