Woman who'd been drinking all night goes through red light and kills "win" bike passenger

webfact

Woman who'd been drinking all night goes through red light and kills "win" bike passenger

3pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported on an early morning accident in the Charoen sanitwong area of the capital Bangkok yesterday.

A 28 year old woman called Narinthip was on her way home after drinking all night at her sister's birthday party in Soi 13.

She thought the lights were broken and sailed through. 

She smashed her Honda Jazz into a motorcycle taxi rider (win) called Pratheep, 45, who ended up in hospital. He said he went through on a green light - the other car went through a red one.

The passenger was not so lucky. 

Ngaofa, 67, on her way to open up her Khao Man Gai shop, was killed at the scene.

3pm2.jpg

Picture: INN

Narinthip said she stopped and was scared. She never thought she would kill anyone. She said she would take full responsibility saying she had already sent 15,000 baht to the dead woman's family. 

That's about $500. 

Bangkok Yai police said she had an alcohol level of 115, more than twice the legal limit. 

She faces four charges including vehicular homicide, negligent driving causing injury and damage and DUI. 

No drugs were found in her system. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-25

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

causing death while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs

should result in a mandatory prison sentence, seen a post from

a few weeks ago where a owner of a large company, killed 2 people

on the road and was given a suspend sentence,

regards Worgeordie

10 years....then maybe some of these idiots would think twice.....if they ever think.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I don't think she understands what full responsibility means. 15,000 is just a laughable number to even begin to make amends.

Full responsibility means going to jail and stumping up a whole lot more than a paltry $500. What is worse of course is the fact that this happens day in, day out and the herd never learn.

After all these years, you're still struggling with the whole Buddhist socio-cultural melange are we?

I will admit that 15k is a bit low for killing someone's Yai but maybe that was simply the daily cap on her banking app transfers?

Thais and responsibility for their actions? 

Normally they look around if there is somebody else who can be blamed.

Sure she will be thinking day and night about the suffering she brought to the victims family.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Narinthip said she stopped and was scared. She never thought she would kill anyone. She said she would take full responsibility saying she had already sent 15,000 baht to the dead woman's family.

Why are there bullet holes in the front wing of her car?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of this and other road traffic accidents, you only sometimes get an update as to what the offender's penalty is whether it be jail time or a fine. With this report, we may never know what the offender's penalty is, i.e. jail time or simply a fine.

What's the point of reporting this story and others if they're not followed through?  Possibly because they're reserved for the rich and famous.

We shall wait and see.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

People can be over the limit at a police check point, negotiate a fine down to 5000 baht and drive on - the whole attitudes to DUI in Thailand are outrageous.

I'll tell you what's outrageous. Paying the cops 5000 baht. I have beaten 'em down to 3k a few times.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why are there bullet holes in the front wing of her car?

They are the fake transfer stickers that make it look like your cars been shot up.  Some people think its cool, instead its a reflection of the view the cars owners have on society, where they believe they are just showing that they are survivors of a violent society. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

she had an alcohol level of 115

She broke the law. She should not have been driving without resting (and sobering up). I wish more people would pay attention. She was very ashamed, contrite and trying to accept responsibility. And yet she is heavily condemned on TFV. That's shameful, too.

I remember when the legal limit was 150. Yes, it was 45 yrs ago, and then it was lowered to 100, only to be lowered to 80. And now it's 50 milligrammes. It gives the newspapers the ability to say "more than twice the legal limit", which is about 1 beer every two-three hours.  The problem is people, and not just Thais, think that couldn't happen to them. Education and higher penalties are the direction things should take. (keep your judgement and condemnation to yourself)

RIP to the entrepreneur lady who just wanted to get to work. I am sad for her family and I hope the M/C driver recovers soon.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some people think its cool, instead its a reflection of the view the cars owners have on society,

I put some on  scratches and dents  just to cover them up  not consciously knowing I was commenting on a violent society or seeking attention ????

• Haha 1