Corruption, conspiracy in ‘Boss’ case: Inquiry report

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Ian C HH said:

You guys on VISA kill me. 
There were only two possible outcomes of this enquiry - either corruption was involved or corruption wasn’t involved. Whichever was the outcome our loyal TV warriors would have switched into the usual vitriol. 
Give the government SOME credit for listening to “ the people” and even holding the enquiry. 

as to the guilt of the Boss- that’s a separate issue and one TV can have their fun with for the rest of time ????

What do you mean???? ????

15 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

They start to put in guillotine officials what they can sacrifice! So much in publicity this case, they have to do something! Student's already on streets and they know people have get enough!

Only publicity stunt!

Guillotine? More like throw under the bus!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

High-level government officials involved in the case should also be investigated

So I guess this means that the ten implicated in the findings are just the low hanging fruit.  Off to inactive posts and life moves on.

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What the little scrote should do ( and should've done yrs ago ) is front up and admit to what he did .. to carry on hiding away carries on projecting the bentness of Thai Society .. and it is presented as such in news outside of Thailand that someone with enough influence and dosh can buy their way out of anything .. 

The world doesn't give a rat's fart about Thailand. It's an insignificant South East Asian backwater which has never had the slightest influence in anything anywhere, except starting the 1997 Asian financial crisis. It has invented nothing of any use to the world, ever, and is known primarily if at all for its ladyboys and prostitutes. Its record of corruption has been known for decades by authorities elsewhere with, for example, a UN report stating that the police are a well-organised criminal organisation.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An independent inquiry ordered by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has concluded that corruption and conspiracy by investigators likely helped Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya escape charges over a fatal hit-and-run crash in 2012.

Stating the bl**dy obvious. 

The old saying goes "It takes TWO to tango".

Punish the cops etc who took brides, but .....

What is being done to punish the ones who PAID THE BRIBES ?

And as much as they deny it, don't tell me the money did not come ultimately from the sale of RED BULL products.

BTW, where is the "Star of the Show" , little Mr.Boss , these days ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An independent inquiry ordered by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has concluded that corruption and conspiracy by investigators likely helped Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya escape charges over a fatal hit-and-run crash in 2012.

Ya don't say?  Well, surprise, surprise.  I'm shocked!!!  ????

17 hours ago, Sujo said:

Just arrest him or do a trial in absentia.

The kid is protected internationally.  There was an Interpol Red Notice out for his arrests.  The kid lives in London and travels openly and yet - Interpol ignores the Red Notice.
So the corruption goes well beyond Thailand.  They can convict in-absentia but he'll never be extradited.  In fact, he'll never be arrested or detained.  Because?  Well, we all know why.  Interpol would arrest a commoner in a heartbeat.  But the grandson of a billionaire?

What's the point of saying corruption was likely to have affected the investigation when the whole world knows bribery and corruption did have a major effect on this case?

What I can not understand is why Formula I racing still supports and advertises the Brand Name of the organisation who provided the funding for the corruption and the miscarriage of justice which took place? 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut today vowed to take action against at least 10 individuals implicated in the report handed to him by the Vicha Mahakun-led inquiry. The 10 are said to include both police officers and prosecutors. The PM also told press that a fact-finding panel would be set up to investigate five points highlighted by Vicha’s panel.

and that it's something I really want to see, can't wait 555

• Like 2

What do they mean , Likely?  Not Likely, But For Sure.

• Confused 1

“We proposed a new investigation, starting from zero,” he said.

so that means the previous "fake" one statutes of limitations will be voided ??? hummm wonder how it will work

• Haha 1

The envelopes will be getting bigger and bigger. Without changing the law certain "issues" have passed the statutory time frame and, well, who will change these laws in these days? Absolutely everybody meanwhile knows that this story is yet another pristine example of how this country has been run for decades. No wonder that some younger elements have had it. 
The only nice thing about this story is that they cannot stick this onto the dirty farang ???? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut today vowed to take action against at least 10 individuals implicated in the report handed to him by the Vicha Mahakun-led inquiry. The PM also told press that a fact-finding panel would be set up to investigate five points highlighted by Vicha’s panel.

This is something like the get-away driver and leader of the crime gang fingering his cronies who robbed the bank...while insisting that he had absolutely nothing to do with it all.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wavel said:

Another good area to look into would be the Vice Admiral of the Air Force, who miraculously after 8 years rememberers driving along the same road at the same time & place. Who put full blame on the police man for pulling out in front of Vorayuth‘s car. He also stated the Ferrari was only doing 70km not 177km. If that really was the case, why oh why couldn’t he remember what happened 8 years ago. I shouldn’t speak out of turn I know, but the cynic in me, thinks something smells fishy here.

That report described that witness as being an 'air marshall' in a pickup truck (His Merc 'S' was in for service, his wife was using the Jag so he hitched a lift?)