Thai insurance companies offering Covid-19 coverage as foreign tourists prepare to return

webfact

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

no need vaccine.

English studies done by independent searcher show that the virus immune protection (the idea of a virus is to inject a bit of it to immunize people) run good for 2 or 3 month , and no more.

Also, need 2 years minimum to really test seriously a vaccine. If not, the risk of problem is higher than the virus himself.

Also power of the muted virus, right now, is 10 times down than the first one. their is a lot more of asymptomatic contaminated people.

So their is a time (right now) to stop to be afraid for something like that. the fact people are so afraid now is the impact of the intensive propaganda around that, very efficient...

But, i understand... people never live nothing difficult in their own life, no strong experience, never go in real contaminated area or in war area, so it is easy to push them to be in fear panic mode. They trust all that they see on TV.

This isn't true. It's been found by numerous studies now (it's all over the news) that antibodies are lasting a lot longer than it was originally feared. 

But I agree, the fear does need to subside in a lot of countries, especially in Asia. They are obsessed with it! Thailand would do well to concentrate its efforts on fixing many of the countless other problems in the country. 

• Like 2

Travel Insurance is available for U.K. citizens provided they have been resident in the U.K. for 6 months, it covers Covid and loads cheaper than those quotes !

Again it’s the Thai logic that foreigners are all millionaires and walking ATMs.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Update

2 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Hmm. Is that what they are doing? No way I would go to a hospital unless i was struggling to breathe, ergo need emergency treatment. Wouldn’t go to be observed. Stuff that!

You think there's a choice? That's cute.

Nothing is mentioned about age and where the cutoff is from insurable to non-insurable.  One thing you can be sure of is if the government allows older folks to get a visa they will find a way to "hose" the elderly for the extra costs. 

Insurance is necessary when a person is traveling, however, if you're forced to buy their "covid-19" insurance when you already have travel insurance then that might be enough of a deterrent to start seeking a more "User Friendly" place to vacation in.

It does seem their final goal is to force people into purchasing their insurance as part of their visa into the country. 

If it is a "catastrophic" insurance and it is limited in its usage, you can image what the profit will be and you know there will be a lot of sticky fingers.

Once Thai insurance is mandated and in place they will not want to get rid of that "Cash Cow"  anytime soon.  Just another cost that will give the tourist something more to ponder.....Am I getting enough value with my vacation money when I visit Thailand?  We shall see......

• Thanks 2

feels good to see, that some countries (their governments) are having a realistic view/approach :

Cyprus has promised to cover the costs of tourists who fall ill with COVID-19 while visiting.

Authorities of the Eastern Mediterranean island have said they will pay for any accommodation, food, and medicine used by patients and their families should any tourist test positive for the virus.

Here are other alternatives to Thailand:

https://www.insider.com/all-places-offering-discounts-freebies-incentives-entice-tourists-post-coronavirus-2020-6

because its "post-coronavirus " time  ! there is no virus (mostly) anymore

2 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Nope.

I'll sit on sidelines and watch all the suckers pay trough the teeth for covid 19 insurance, quarantine hotels, bubble tourist traps, etc, etc. 

I can live without Thailand for one, two, and if need be, three years.

Yep, that's the smart move....... Let em starve for a bit, there won't be enough money left shortly in the pot for the boys with the shiny buttons to stick around.......   They've truly done a cracking job on the country.....   Just lucky that cov 19 turned up so they can blame it all on that.........  

11 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Don't take it so seriously. If you actually wanted it, you'd get it! ????

Tourists to get unlimited 30-day extensions to stay after ‘visa amnesty’ ends

PHUKET: Foreigners staying in the country on any form of tourist visa will be allowed to repeatedly renew their permits to stay with immigration for periods of 30 days at a time after the ‘visa amnesty’ ends on Sept 26, the Immigration Bureau announced today (Sept 3).

https://www.thephuketnews.com/tourists-to-get-unlimited-30-day-extensions-to-stay-after-visa-amnesty-ends-77201.php

Any mention of the fee that will be required?  

22 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

The way I see this we all need insurance soon to be allowed back in to thailand.and won't make any difference on type of visa .or weather we need it to renew visa or not. So sound's to me only way not to need insurance is not leave....

Not looking forward to being stuck in Thailand over  the field burning air pollution season.  ???? 

16 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

I would have thought this should be enough cover for these idiots, without paying rip-off fees to the government sponsored insurance companies. So ( BO**OCKS) to em!!!!

Unfortunately it is a bit irrelevant what you or I think, the "thinking" process falls on someone else.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, VBF said:

AFAIK, genuine travel insurance takes effect from the moment you leave your usual residence and ceases when you return to it. Otherwise things like cancellation, delays, loss of luggage etc couldn't exist.

That only goes to reinforce my above comment (#83) about it being better to get travel insurance in your home country from known and trusted organisations.

It is not as straightforward as that. Travel insurance, including annual policies, are invariably limited in time per trip. Not much use to anyone coming for any length of time, and despite what people seem to think the government are not talking about "tourists", very few go on holiday for a "minimum of 30 days".

Medical insurance would be a different ball game.

10 hours ago, dieter1 said:

- Mr self-made PM ( I am not allowed to use the word which normally is being used for these kind of people ...)just announced, that no Tourists will be allowed coming to Thailand in the future.

- "coming from high risked countries" ?! <deleted>?! They will allow people from high risk countries coming as tourists to Thailand (after a revolution ?!)

- "high risk" - what does that mean? That you have 1 to 2 % wrong positive testing results from healthy people ending in some hundred wrong positive results daily because they are testing hundred of thousand of people (in my home country). And even if some positive results are "right" - what does it mean. These people are overall healthy or if they are not , its not because (mainly) of covid 19.  In our hospitals , there are nearly no new cases of covid19.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

(it is all over, in Europe (at least) the pike was in April (about for 4 weeks, that is 4 month ago !!!)

people with panic should go and see a doctor, and not disturb healthy minded people)

- when I would go to Thailand again, my health insurance will protect me from financial losses in case of illness. But I expect, that "they" will not accept this insurance.

I can guaranty, if  they will sell these insurance, only a very !! small friction of the money will go for the treatment of covid19 related illnesses ("oh lord, please buy me,  a Mercedes Benz...".

They did this scam in the past. everyone can (should be able)  make the calculation. What they pretend (!) to have unpaid bills from hospitals is about 10 Baht per  Tourist. ( some million (BAHT!) for 40 million Tourists)- Now look at these numbers, what these thiefs  - sorry wrong word, cause it is legal in Thailand, better kleptocrats want to force you to pay.

They  have zero tourist and instead of thinking ( I am joking!) of ways to get back the lost jobs to millions of people in Thailand, they have the schuzpe of announcing this scam.

It's over in EU ? Not according to this article.

Europe pushed the limit of how far to reopen. Now it may be too late to prevent a second virus wave

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/europe-pushed-the-limit-of-how-far-to-reopen-now-it-may-be-too-late-to-prevent-a-second-virus-wave/ar-BB18GaTN?li=BBnb7Kz

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

There will be a handful of lovesick foreigners desperate to see their teerak and a few expats who want to spend a few months somewhere warmer. Once they have squeezed them to death, common sense will return and they will come up with a proposal that will actually work. 

Give it 6 months tops. 

Told you, let em starve for a while, they'll fling the gates open shortly and everyone'll get any visa you want, probably free at that........ The more hoops you jump through, the more they'll invent....... Until they realize they're up dirty creek without a paddle...... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Like 1