Trump encourages supporters to try to vote twice, sparking uproar

webfact

4 hours ago, Poet said:

I have yet to hear anyone explain why it is safe for Americans to go to a supermarket but not a polling station.

Are they allowed their AK47's, machine guns and grenades in the polling station........if not, they will be bricking it.

What a sad country.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

It's not his job.  Elections are the job of the Secretary of State in each US state.  That same person is responsible for making sure the elections are free of fraud.  Conversely, they are also in the position to allow fraud to happen. 

Amazing.  The lefties read their newspapers or watch CNN/MSNBC and then go crazy...but they don't even understand how the election system is set up and who controls it.  Ever wonder why Civics isn't taught in school anymore.  Ignorant people are easy to control. 

Yeah, I think we got it by now that for some Trump supporters pretty much nothing is his job. Other than, perhaps, trolling people opposed to him. Some leadership there.

A President can try to work with State authorities, not against them, not confront and antagonize but find ways to cooperate. Obviously, this is far removed from Trump's character, but I think some still remember Presidents who didn't openly treat the country, all the time, as either for them or against them. Presidents who, bottom line, were Presidents of all Americans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Poet said:

The whole mail-in voting thing is a disaster waiting to happen. The postal service already struggles to deliver the relatively small number of legitimate absentee ballots on time.

You are going to end up with Trump winning on the night but, then, having the result reversed a month later when all the mail trucks finally turn up. The whole mess will add to the existing acrimony and, either way, half of Americans will believe their government to be illegitimate.

I have yet to hear anyone explain why it is safe for Americans to go to a supermarket but not a polling station.

How's this?

1. Supermarkets are large high-ceilinged spaces open 7 days a week, often 24 hours a day. Polling stations are open one day a year, for a limited time, and often in relatively small spaces. Therefore the traffic is going to be astronomically higher, the polling station will be smaller, the spacing will be less, and the people will be forced to stand in long lines with other voters for a much longer exposure than on a shopping trip.
2. Older voters are the most vulnerable to the virus, and should not increase their exposure to potential infection. There are alternatives to their grocery shopping such as delivery or having a relative do it for them and drop it off. You are saying they should not be able to vote without this risk.
3. The Postal Service was able to function perfectly well for all previous elections. Why is it no longer functioning well enough for this one? What changed? \

4. The Postal Service manages to handle a MUCH larger mail load over Christmas, why can they suddenly not handle a smaller mail load over the election?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Anyone with more than 3 brain cells to rub together can see he was just making a point that universal mail in voting is open to fraud. 

And this lie gets regurgitated again. 

There IS evidence, and doing it WILL cause election night chaos, especially when things get contested. 

None of this needs to happen. Just play by the rules instead of changing them at the last minute. 

“protect the integrity”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-bracing-for-legal-battle-over-election-forming-coalition-of-lawyers

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

...lock him up!.... in a padded room..

agree.... lock him up for inciting/encouraging his supporters to ignore his law and order claim.... unlawfully vote twice, brake the law, inject yourself with disinfectant, with strong blue light follow your "preferred" (sarcasm) president's advice

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

It's not his job.  Elections are the job of the Secretary of State in each US state.  That same person is responsible for making sure the elections are free of fraud.  Conversely, they are also in the position to allow fraud to happen. 

Amazing.  The lefties read their newspapers or watch CNN/MSNBC and then go crazy...but they don't even understand how the election system is set up and who controls it.  Ever wonder why Civics isn't taught in school anymore.  Ignorant people are easy to control. 

Nothing to do then with reducing the USPS operations in the time of Covid and going into an election? History has already documented the steps taken by The Donald's Postmaster General.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Or just play by the rules and request an absentee ballot to your specific address instead of making the state mail a ballot to everyone on the voter roll. 

Which state is being required to mail a ballot to everyone?

2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

As young kids at school in the 50's and 60's we were taught to look up to America as a beacon of democracy. It actually never was, but how things have changed so radically particularly over the past 4 years.

I can only say please, Americans, do the right thing in a couple of months and vote out this monster who will obviously do all in his power to stay in office by fair means or foul.

I assure you this American will be eating the additional cost of sending my Absentee Ballot from Thailand to Kentucky by courier service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Voting more than once in an election is illegal and in some states, including North Carolina, it is a felony not only to vote more than once but also to induce another to do so.

I guess it´s just to put the man where he belongs then, and wait for the trial. But I am pretty sure that the presidential powers even protects a deranged president.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

"trump said vote early by mail then on election day go to the polling booth and check to make sure your mail in vote was counted, if not vote at the booth."

Yes, and that is illegal.  It's a felony in North Carolina.  There is no defending what Trump said, he told his supporters to commit a felony.

So, if one votes early by mail, is it a legal requirement that the vote be counted or registered, on or before election day? I suspect not, but I'm not American.

If there's no legal requirement for early votes to be registered by election day, then there's no justification for attempting to vote twice in order to test the system. If one is allowed to vote in person at the polling booth because the early mail vote is still in process, then that opens up the possibility that one's vote might be counted twice due to incompetence or corruption.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Poet said:

The whole mail-in voting thing is a disaster waiting to happen. The postal service already struggles to deliver the relatively small number of legitimate absentee ballots on time.

You are going to end up with Trump winning on the night but, then, having the result reversed a month later when all the mail trucks finally turn up. The whole mess will add to the existing acrimony and, either way, half of Americans will believe their government to be illegitimate.

I agree it's a going to be a catastrophe of immense proportions, with contested results all over the country.

If an uncontested winner has not been decided by January 20, say hello to Nancy Pelosi, who will take over as the caretaker president. This is going to be the greatest show on earth.

• Like 1

It is everyone's right to test the system in order to keep it honest. Try to vote mail in and at the polls, if you can do it you can be sure some others are doing it. Keep the system honest. I'm betting that in Chicago votes will come from home, cemetery, and polls; by the same person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1