Fears drive top-flight feedback blitz on ‘Phuket Model’

webfact

16 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

'Why doesn't the government/TAT etc. just accept the international situation and get on with some real solid domestic plan?

You mean like the "quarantine chairs" in Europe.

Or the UK where you quarantine in Scotand and Wales, but not England or NI. An arrangement where it is up to individuals to stick to the rules.

You can believe as much as you want that the Thais would be quite happy with the same infection rates as other "international situations", but fortunately it is irrelevant what you want to think.

On, Off, on again and now off again, try using logic next time you plan anything. Currently most international travellers have two weeks quarantine here, maybe a couple of weeks holidays,  then back home another two weeks quarantine. 

Which part of that sounds appealing , none of it Government Numpties trying to justify their insignificant jobs 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnboxer said:

Thai Embassy saying one person on the plane had covid 19

This shouldn't change anything for your friend, he will still qualify per current guidelines to meet the requirements with the 14 day quarantine and two tests... that is of course unless you comes up positive. Then he is off to the hospital... I wonder what happens after you go to the hospital as a positive? Anyone know? As we know, most never even get symptoms, so how do the Thai health authorities manage you at that point?

7 minutes ago, Billy Bloggs said:

So ok most on this forum dont want anyone to go back to Thailand, so how about you lot go out of the country and see if your happy you cant find a way back. People who want to come back long term were out of the country for a wide variety of reasons(mine was a dumb pension requirement in Oz) who now would like to come back to their loved ones and resume the lives they had previously.

Exactly. My second grandson is due tomorrow and I had planned to be there for the birth. I am hoping that there is some way in the not too distant future we can leave and come back. I could live with some additional cost, have already paid for the flight.