UK warns EU on Brexit: We won't blink first

webfact

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to say that if no agreement on trade between the EU and UK can be reached by 15 October both sides should "accept that and move on".https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54051933

Last week Boris visited the Queen with all three of the privy council, reports are Charles was also there and rather happy afterwards. 

1599084816417.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"That's what being an independent country is about, that's what the British people voted for and that's what will happen at the end of the year, come what may," Frost said.

Time will tell, last year was a fiasco.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Should the UK go for no deal over an economic sector (fishing) that amounts to 0.12% of the overall economy, and less than 0.1% of employment? Even the UK leather industry is slightly larger and will be more affected by Brexit but no one cares.

What was the fishing sector worth before we joined the EU, is more to the point.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

This surely means no deal is coming? 

"It would also override provisions on state aid - the financial assistance sometimes given by the government to companies - which has been one of the key sticking points in talks."

In this case, any deal negotiated would be voided by the removal of any agreement to maintain a key tenet of EU policy?

I am not sure I understand what the implications of removing the Irish Sea checks would be. If the UK did nothing on that front, are they intending to force the EU to put some sort of measures in place at the NI-I border, allowing the UK to claim that, in respect to the GFA, their hands are clean?

It seems that bill isn't finalized yet, so I suppose we will have to wait and see.