UK warns EU on Brexit: We won't blink first

webfact

The statement below has been copied from the VoteLeave website. Given that Brexiters continually insist that they knew what they were voting for, in the event of a 'No (FTA) deal' will they then campaign for a second referendum? After all, you won't have got what you were promised.

"FACT

After we Vote Leave, we will have a friendly free trade deal with the EU.

Some claim we will not get a trade deal but there is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it. The idea that Britain will be the only country in Europe not to be part of this zone is silly."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"We've got to a position where there's only two points really that are holding us back,"

really, only 2 points holding you back 555  and sure the EU will bend backwards because it's you 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think he is saying that he has taken more questions today than Fiona Bruce has ever taken on her program 'Question Time' and most of the questions didn't need asking anyway, but he has answered them very intelligently and extremely patiently, so well done nauseus.????

Thanks, I googled Fiona Bruce. 

Nauseus has sometimes a " strange way " ( At least for me ) to express himself.

For instance he used regularly the emoticon Haha to confirm he is agree with someones post.

But I have time, he can answer when it suits him.

In the meantime I am convinced there are no laws and regulations issued by the E.U. which affect the man in the street.

Well at least not in Belgium.

His comments/explanations would make clear that there is/was a difference for the U.K..  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

What is the EU doing about the illegal immigrants, who, after all entered the EU mostly from the Mediteranean, traveled across safe haven countries including France, and then are helped to cross the English Channel.

Just helping them on their way to their preferred destination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the faster the better.... let's hope they replace him with Dominic Cummings  555

I wonder how some conservatives "important suites" go take this move , as his politic credit was already starting crumble …( Thelegraph sources …) as Sunak name  appeared as more accepted generally by the people 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I wonder how some conservatives "important suites" go take this move , as his politic credit was already starting crumble …( Thelegraph sources …) as Sunak name  appeared as more accepted generally by the people 

so Dominic is out of the list 555

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What about protecting the beaches from illegal immigrants. They talk a good fight on the EU talks, but are utterly useless.

Soon to come. Dont worry. When boarder is reinstated then they cant come back after being thrown back into EU. 

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

So why did Merkel and May invent their BRINO Withdrawal Agreement? That would have been half in and half stay, and the EU & Remainers liked that one! When we Leave, we have to Leave it fully and properly. That means no EU rules & regulations, no EU law, No EU freedom of movement, No EU control of our government policies, so No Single Market and No Customs Union. 
A Free Trade Agreement is what would be necessary after all the above, but if the EU will not make an agreement without trying to revert back to all the above conditions, then we would be back to half leave and half stay. It's obvious that is not what Brexiteers voted for, but what the EU still wants. Sorry - cannot.

Sounds very much like suicide ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And now come back to reality. 

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Who doesn't want to swap this for a 4 star hotel.

Pretty sure if the U.K. government put them in a 1 star hotel, they would be happy too.

Video: Calais 'jungle' camp migrant numbers double to 6,000 - Telegraph

This is the EU reality. “Let’s allow them to hang around here, until they move on to the UK. We don’t really care, so long as we don’t pay for them.”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The question was what you gonna do about your refugee problem. Your fantasy of invading other countries to resettle the refugees arriving on your shores is not gonna happen, and you know that. 

YOUR refugees. 

You were just egging me on about your invasion fantasy weren’t you? I know that now. 

You can still have them all back anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The comments/reaction  from E.U. becomes a bit more specific now…..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/07/michel-barnier-worried-fate-brexit-trade-talks-uk-no-deal-threat/

European Commission president warns trade talks will be off if UK reneges on Brexit treaty 
Boris Johnson criticised in Brussels amid reports he plans to renege on Withdrawal Agreement 

By James Crisp, Brussels Correspondent

7 September 2020 • 1:36pm 

The president of the European Commission has threatened to not do business with Britain if "trust" is broken by the UK reneging on the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement. 
Ursula von der Leyen said respect for the divorce treaty that paved the way for the UK to leave the EU on January 31 this year was a "prerequisite" for any free trade agreement with Brussels. 

Boris Johnson is planning to use the internal market bill, due to be published on Wednesday, to renege on provisions in the Withdrawal Agreement, according to reports on Sunday.  

If the bill does undermine commitments made in the Brexit divorce treaty, it will make it extremely difficult politically  for Michel Barnier to offer the UK any concessions in the trade negotiations, which restart on Tuesday. Ministers have denied that the Government plans to tear up the treaty .

more...

• Haha 1