Is this considered as a work by immigration

Aforek

Hello, I live in a very small hamlet , and behind my house ,  I would like to start a small garden, with chili, and other condiments to add to the food
it means to maintain, weed, plant, water ...  a Thai doctor advised me to do it, regular exercise in addition to my other physical exercises
but is it considered as a work , I have a non O retired visa? ( it will be just for my GF and I )

thank you 

18 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

My O-A visa for retirement states "Employment Prohibited" definition of employment: Employment is the fact of having a paid job.

I think people often get 'work' and 'employment' mixed up on these forums. Working in your own backyard for free is not employment. Now if your wife buys you some cold beer for your labors you could get into trouble.

She should get done for buying the beers

I also think it depends where you live, in Phuket they are right on it ive heard plenty of stories over the years, like the guy building his own boat parked on his land, No he needed a WP 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Exactly right! It´s because of expat mass hysteria and made up comments that people refuse to understand that fact.

Agreed.....  

I also suspect that in the past there have been some unscrupulous Police and Immigration officers who have chanced their luck and targeted foreigners with some ridiculous claims of labor in the hope that said foreigner poops their pants and folds and pays them money.... Said foreigner then goes on ThaiVisa.com to claim he’s been fined for changing a lightbulb or walking ‘behind the bar’ in their restaurant and the dumb myth is further perpetuated. 

These same fragile folk are the same ones who say ‘don’t help in an accident you will be blamed’ and or ‘police target foreigners in cars / on motorbikes’ etc... 

The same happens with the ‘music scam’ against Thai Businesses in Chiang Mai and Pattaya from time to time.

• Thanks 1

Hmm... hole village come take fruits and vegetables from our farm what i have taking care of! Maybe im working, sadly nobody never pay me nothing! Have to go meet village yaba selling cop to make appeal!

And i dont have anymore weed trees there coz somebody steal them!!!!!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1