U.S. judges reject Trump plan to exclude many immigrants from representation

webfact

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Nothing in the report is about illegal aliens voting! It’s about trying to exclude them from being counted.

Exactly.

I think the use of the word 'representation' was somewhat interesting!

The census count has a huge bearing in the US is the allocation of congressional seats and Federal funding, so a count of everyone is essential.

I must admit when I read the headline I thought w+t+f. Then after I read the full article I couldn't help wondering if the author was just being mischievous, provocative or just down right malicious, which surprised me from Reuters.

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I've almost zero interest in US politics.  But the idea of giving illegal immigrants representation when apportioning congressional seats seems totally barmy to me..... 

Perhaps you don’t understand the history of the US at the time the Constitution was written.

You certainly don’t understand there is no such thing as an ‘illegal immigrant’.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I've almost zero interest in US politics.  But the idea of giving illegal immigrants representation when apportioning congressional seats seems totally barmy to me..... 

Someone will correct me if I'm incorrect, but my interpretation is as the census count, which includes 'illegals', influences funding available from federal government, the funding must have political oversight i.e. representation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Trump doesent have the talent to operate within the constitution,there was plenty of folks willing to help him but they have learned (some the hard way) that it’s not possible he will just wreck your life if you tryed to school him on the ways to do it.to bad in a way he had everything going for him both houses a strong economy but he squandered it 

Unbelievable, twisted grasp on reality. Trump built up The USA economy to all new highs, surpassing the new norms Obama and the Dems crowed about, employment figures of all time highs, bringing back manufacturing and jobs for blacks and minorities to all time highs, all of which Obama and the Dems said was impossible and ridiculed Trump for promising to do it. Then Chinese C-19 hits the country/The World and even though he is breaking again all predictions Dems warped mindset blames him. Anyway this Judge should be fired immediately for breaking the law. Illegal = criminal and he thinks that is ok for them to vote!!! Madness! Try doing it in Thailand, start protesting in the streets demanding to vote and see what happens. 

Edited by Scot123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, forehandplus said:

Actually, it's stronger than that. It's about the obligation of the government to count them.

Yes, true. I was mainly correcting the 'why are they allowing illegals to vote' posts.

• Like 2