Tourism chief appeals for patience, but admits things will “never be the same”

rooster59

“We are ready to be the wind beneath your wings. I believe we have to come back stronger. Never give up. You are not alone. TAT will help you all overcome the Covid- 19 crisis together.”

A poet! Yuthasak. A philosopher. Who would have thought? Patience. Easy for an administration official, who is collecting a full salary and pension to say. Very easy. And as we can see, this is coming from a guy, who prior to be appointed to his current position, had no experience in tourism, as is normal here, in this polar opposite of a meritocracy.

January-July 2015: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer MCOT Public Company Limited

2012-2014: Senior Advisor, Regional Development Center, Institute for Good Governance Promotion Office of the Public Sector Development Commission

2009-2012: Director General, Office of Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion, Ministry of Industry

2007-2009: President, National Food Institute, Ministry of Industry

2004-2006: Executive Vice President, National Food Institute, Ministry of Industry

2002-2004: Policy and Planning Analyst, Office of National Economic and Social Development Board

1996-2002: Investment Promotion Officer Office of the Board of Investment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Things will be tougher moving forward as with every country. However, doesn't mean it's all bad news as when one door closes another one opens, hence there will be positives for those that use their initiative and think outside the box.  Many businesses will undoubtedly shut down but new opportunities will come to those who explore new ways and products. 

With our PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha in charge I am sure he will continue to get things going again as his priority is the thai people, the economy and jobs.

1340365511_KhunPrayut5.PNG.fdab5c35a9a6fff6f54effff755ad47d.PNG

Sincerely delusional is as much as I can say. To believe that everything will be ok well then someone must be in the Cha Cha's back pocket.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scammed said:

i think he is right, westerners will over time decrease,

and newcomers will come, think russians a decade ago,

and now chinese/indians.

I imagine with 100,000 new infections and 1000 deaths a day, India might not be at the top of that list at the moment ! Immunizing a nation that size will take a decade !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonray said:

First things first...if you really want foreigners in the country to spend money..here's a tip. Offer free annual extensions to all current foreigners in country who have not left in the past 6 months and who have tested negative. Then provide them with an array of discounts for travel fare and accomodation, giving greater discounts the more your travel. Suspend 90 day reports and TM30 nonsense. 

You could do it even easier ... Allow anyone in - Who would do the ASQ for 14 days - Then give them 1 year visa, no reporting etc .. Simple .. and discounts etc for all trips and hotel in the country.

Get in trouble with the law during your stay - kick them out.

When you have the 'world to pick from' ... They should be able to get a few takers ...

• Like 2