Thailand Post to use electric motorbikes for delivery in bid to cut pollution

webfact

Thailand could become an important manufacturer of electric vehicles .

Without any doubt electric vehicles will become the mainstream for future mobility .

It could bring in a lot of money for Thailand ... ( that is what they think counts the most , isn't it ? )

• Like 2

Anyone know which company is supplying the electric scooters?  I have a Toyotron now (Bangkok based) but am looking for a much better model next year.  Strom seems OK but they don't have a style I like.  I may go with an imported Niu, it's fantastic.

17 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

A couple of questions 

With reverting to electric car, bikes, ferries, where and how is all this new demand for power going to come from. In the end are we not just going to burn fossil fuels at the other end???

The batteries required to be produced creat another issue on the enviroement out weighing the burning of fossil fuels

Also in California as an example the Power commission has pointed out that the whole electrial system is not suited to supplying the amount of power needed and will need a massive upgrade

So is it the way to go now ?

Solar panels on EVERY roof ...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

Anyone know which company is supplying the electric scooters?  I have a Toyotron now (Bangkok based) but am looking for a much better model next year.  Strom seems OK but they don't have a style I like.  I may go with an imported Niu, it's fantastic.

Not sure you can get in Thailand or can import this from Taiwan but these are everywhere there, GOGORO.  My friend has one and although a bit pricey at first, you get a subsidy at year end for something like 60% of the purchase price.  They have stations all around Taipei and one next to me beside Carrefour (BIG C) where they pull up, take the batteries out and just pull 2 new ones out / place in and gone!  And so quiet!  (you would have to find out if they are chargeable at home though of course)

ggr.webp

download.jpg

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Thailand could become an important manufacturer of electric vehicles .

Without any doubt electric vehicles will become the mainstream for future mobility .

It could bring in a lot of money for Thailand ... ( that is what they think counts the most , isn't it ? )

All I will say is Toyota Prius!

On 10/2/2020 at 9:03 AM, mwbrown said:

I believe it's one of the model from Deco Green Energy .  You can google for more info.  It's Thailand assembled e-scooter.  There are few Youtube video reviews on this by "Bjørn Nyland" who is a Thai-Norweigian guy.

Edited by HidyHo

just watched the first episode of ' long way up'  across south America on an electric harley davidson, i think/they think they will have trouble with the charging, worth watching

I think the problem with electric bikes in Thailand, is that the Government is not gearing up for them or supporting them, 

at 109,000thb the  Niu NQiGT sport is way out of most peoples budgets

Edited by steve187