Please deport farangs being stupid about covid

Promula

7 hours ago, Promula said:

I don't think I'm overreacting. This was my first trip outside since having a heart attack in August and was ruined.

I usually get a couple of bad colds per year but this is the first year I haven't, presumably thanks to everyone being more hygienic than usual. But then it just takes one selfish type to spoil that, and having seen those slow motion videos of coughs and sneezes where everything within a couple of metres receives thousands of tiny saliva droplets, I'm quite sure myself and my partner were covered. He didn't even put a hand or sleeve up. I think such behaviour should be classed as "reckless indifference" towards the health & safety of others, should be a crime like drunk driving, and deserves deportation. 

The question that springs to my mind is that because everyone knows that such characters exist everywhere if one is so worried about catching it, why would one go where such characters are in evidence?

I'm sure the OP was properly equipped with the correct PPE to prevent becoming infected by such inconsiderate persons that they don't even put a hand over their mouth, though I see many, many such people nowadays and usually young adults. At least in my early days we were taught to be considerate- something that seems to be lacking the past 20 or so years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Promula said:

Don't let your imagination run away with you.

I'm 51 years young, 6'3", 210lbs, in very good shape, and have a heart defect which finally caught up with me. This millenial was 5'7" and a skinnyfat 140lbs at most ????

Had you actually done something I'm sure you would have enjoyed spending time in a Thai lockup. I'm told they are a real barrel of laughs, not.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 minute ago, faraday said:

And on the topic of consideration, an example being not coughing over someone; is it acceptable these days to hold a door open for a lady? Or is it sexist now?

I always put my hand in front of my mouth (thanks Dad) when sneezing or coughing.

Consideration and manners are two different things.

I'll hold the door for women that are of an age to appreciate it.

In my own experience I see a lot more Thais coughing with open mouth compared to Falangs.

You know that useless dry cough that seems more a nervous tic than a real throat condition.

Maybe now they do it less but before covid it was rampant. The best was when the 7/11 lady did that repeatedly while preparing your drink or food. Good times.

Edited by Sundown
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It seems that so many still have not lived long enough to realize that the world exists on stupid!

Indeed it does..

If we did not do stupid so spectacularly well then we would be a huge threat to the galaxy instead of merely to ourselves on our own planet and all the other species trapped with us.

Celestial Darwinism in play.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, faraday said:

Tell the truth; he was way bigger, & you bottled it.

????

I don't see how anyone who coughs loudly being next to someone could not avoid it, but again I'm a non smoker, and don't have any illnesses that would make me cough, apart from clearing my throat, so I am not sure how easy or hard it is to avoid coughing suddenly.

11 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It seems that so many still have not lived long enough to realize that the world exists on stupid!

If there was no stupid then we would not need  regulations  anywhere ! 

Social behaviour would  be passive, crime would not exist, harmony  would  prevail, justice  would have  no definition, we  would all be ......ameoba?

Just try to imagine it!

I think the post  above  actually  got  it right !

"If there was no stupid then we would not need  regulations  anywhere !"  As someone who will disobey any law or rule that comes out that I do not agree with if I can find a way around it, I do not agree with the "stupid" part of the post.

There are people who are not stupid but just pure bad, and have no consideration for anyone, although it's a very small minority.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

"If there was no stupid then we would not need  regulations  anywhere !"  As someone who will disobey any law or rule that comes out that I do not agree with if I can find a way around it, I do not agree with the "stupid" part of the post.

There are people who are not stupid but just pure bad, and have no consideration for anyone, although it's a very small minority.

Yes, quite right.

I was actually attempting  to be provocative just for the sake of it.

At end it was the preceding post I was referring  to, not my own content, as being valid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, patman30 said:

dont forget he was assumed Russian, and a skinhead
not even sure how he was let in, in the first place
its a disgrace????

Anyone who deliberately disfigures him or herself by being heavily tattooed is just plain stupid, but as someone with a full head of hair, I would not condemn anyone for being a skinhead, if you lose your hair on top and have dark hair round the side and back of your head, that is much more unsightly, better just shaving it all off.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, poohy said:

I live south of Hua hin 

i keep a mask on motorbike handle at all times to use for 7/11 or macro or tesco

No other shops require it and very few people are wearing them, this includes thais and foreigners

I noticed Sunday at  the mall in Sakon Nakhon , nobody was signing in anymore! They still check temps though

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

I noticed Sunday at  the mall in Sakon Nakhon , nobody was signing in anymore! They still check temps though

The temperature checking is so cursory these days in many places I go in BKK that I don't think it's been read. And that's without the fact that many of the temperature checking devices are shonky and uncalibrated. Even during the initial phase when checking was more 'meticulous', I was several times shown a temperature on the device of near or below 35C, hypothermia! ????

Just now, Promula said:

Thanks for your fascinating and insightful contribution to the topic.

Everyone in CM has given up on masks and social distancing, apart from 7-11/supermarkets/malls.

Probably a far greater risk to your health from picking a fight with a tattooed Russian, than from any disease.

From a bar last week ..........

120250880_3489376181153322_7228241676165075922_o.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/4/2020 at 3:16 AM, possum1931 said:

Anyone who deliberately disfigures him or herself by being heavily tattooed is just plain stupid, but as someone with a full head of hair, I would not condemn anyone for being a skinhead, if you lose your hair on top and have dark hair round the side and back of your head, that is much more unsightly, better just shaving it all off.

I’m sure everyone feels better now they have your permission to shave their heads. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pkrv said:

The temperature checking is so cursory these days in many places I go in BKK that I don't think it's been read. And that's without the fact that many of the temperature checking devices are shonky and uncalibrated. Even during the initial phase when checking was more 'meticulous', I was several times shown a temperature on the device of near or below 35C, hypothermia! ????

I went to the dentist and was told my temp was 35.4. I was surprised to learn I was nearly hypothermic, as I felt fine.