EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Here Transam go again with his war time remembrance ......after he go deny  he started ....????

".....after he go deny he started".....Sorry don't understand that....????

As a British subject I am fully aware of what the UK had to deal with from across the channel, and it still shows today, sorry if you don't like it, chap...????

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

".....after he go deny he started".....Sorry don't understand that....????

As a British subject I am fully aware of what the UK had to deal with from across the channel, and it still shows today, sorry if you don't like it, chap...????

Listen …"chap"  …. more post where so that you  bring the war in it , and later deny you started it 

I don't go on this further because that is hopeless , as age start putting holes in your remembrance it seems ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Listen …"chap"  …. more post where so that you  bring the war in it , and later deny you started it 

I don't go on this further because that is hopeless , as age start putting holes in your remembrance it seems ????

I still don't know what you are talking about, and anyone that brings up "age" of a poster has usually nothing to offer and deflects....:coffee1:

As for your "Remembrance", yes the UK has a very big celebration every year at the Cenotaph in London, and elsewhere, I hope it continues to remind us all about the catastrophic behaviour of a few EU countries...Amen..

PS. My late mother marched in uniform at these events...

Edited by transam

Just now, transam said:

I still don't know what you are talking about, and anyone that brings up "age" of a poster has usually nothing to offer and deflects....:coffee1:

As for your "Remembrance", yes the UK has a very big celebration every year at the Cenotaph in London, and elsewhere, I hope it continues to remind us all about the catastrophic behaviour of a few EU countries...Amen..

And still you go on it ….. you even don't realize it from yourself....????

:coffee1:(= good idea ...thanks ????)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

And still you go on it ….. you even don't realize it from yourself....????

:coffee1:(= good idea ...thanks ????)

Realise what, indeed, ???? ....?

The Brexit negotiations have really shown UK folk what they are still dealing with....???? 

• Like 1

History is relative. 

My late cousin hated the "Englishmen". 

He had a café in Oostende in the 60. 

The time where every pub there at a poster at the door with " Forbidden to mad dogs & Englishmen". 

Nearly no-one remember this now in Belgium. 

And good so. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Remembrance Day is a poignant occasion, and I hope that it continues to be observed for a long time to come: My father served in WW2 (Burma), so Remembrance Day is important for me personally as well.

It is a truism that Germany and Italy are EU states, but it is inappropriate and insulting to infer that the behaviour of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy is somehow associated with the EU in 2020. Indeed, it can be argued that the EU has helped keep the peace in Western Europe since WW2.

Unfortunately, nazis and fascists still exist in all EU states and the UK; however, fortunately, their numbers are still relatively small.

How many EU countries were members of the axis, it wasn't just two, it was a bandwagon. How many non-fascist countries fighting the axis had thousands of their own populace locked up for aiding the axis....I can think of one EU member that had 120,000 locked up after the war.

So now you have my reasons for not trusting others, what ever the period.... 

PS. My dad was an R.S.M during WW2..

50 minutes ago, RayC said:

It is a truism that Germany and Italy are EU states, but it is inappropriate and insulting to infer that the behaviour of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy is somehow associated with the EU in 2020. Indeed, it can be argued that the EU has helped keep the peace in Western Europe since WW2.

Do you think it is also insulting for remainers and Euros to keep mentioning the British Empire as if any Brit alive today had any influence on it. Maybe just slipped your mind Ray?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

Even more from "The Independent..."........????......????

Are you trying to say that Mr Bone said no such thing?

If it was said what does it matter who reports it, but of course you would rather some things didn't get reported.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

If the party had a problem with him then he would be out of the door. We know he's doing a great job because ire of The Independent shows us so.

Obviously low standards.

The NHS is racing to track up to 50,000 people who have been in contact with positive coronavirus cases after a “shambolic” spreadsheet error led to about 16,000 infections not being reported.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-news-live-update-cases-deaths-test-lockdown-nhs-who-symptoms-latest-b828394.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Obviously low standards.

The NHS is racing to track up to 50,000 people who have been in contact with positive coronavirus cases after a “shambolic” spreadsheet error led to about 16,000 infections not being reported.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-news-live-update-cases-deaths-test-lockdown-nhs-who-symptoms-latest-b828394.html

A Brit bash...? ????

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I think you need to make your Brit-bashing, or Anglo-bashing or Tory-bashing, or Cummings-bashing, a little clearer please. What have you drifted into now, or have you simply got the wrong topic?

Poor wee Brexiteers. Perpetual victims eh? Where's the Dunkirk spirit?

I think the point is this is yet another screwup by the most incompetent government in the history of the UK. Johnson and Cummins are presiding over a shambles that is even worse than Cameron or May's tenure. 

And nobody thought that was even possible. 

44 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do you think it is also insulting for remainers and Euros to keep mentioning the British Empire as if any Brit alive today had any influence on it. Maybe just slipped your mind Ray?

So all remainers and 'Euros' are one homogeneous entity with identical opinions on every subject? Ok, let's play that game. Why can't you Brexiters ever address a point directly?

Unless you believe that the EU is a nazi/fascist organisation, is it really so difficult for you to say: "Yes. Equating the modern day EU to Nazi Germany/ Fascist Italy is wrong"? From your reply, I'm not sure what you believe, so why don't you state it categorically one way or the other?

Should British imperialism be used as a stick to beat us Brits today? Imo no. But in the same way that Germany, as a nation, had to - and still has to -confront its' Nazi past, western countries such as the UK, France, etc need to do the same vis-a-vis their colonial past.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Poor wee Brexiteers. Perpetual victims eh? Where's the Dunkirk spirit?

I think the point is this is yet another screwup by the most incompetent government in the history of the UK. Johnson and Cummins are presiding over a shambles that is even worse than Cameron or May's tenure. 

And nobody thought that was even possible. 

Are you trying to imply that Dominic Cummings is responsible for Covid now too? You must believe he's some sort of superman to be overseeing everything in the UK. Even Wee Burney's dismal performance on all the woes of Scotland too perhaps?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

How many EU countries were members of the axis, it wasn't just two, it was a bandwagon. How many non-fascist countries fighting the axis had thousands of their own populace locked up for aiding the axis....I can think of one EU member that had 120,000 locked up after the war.

So now you have my reasons for not trusting others, what ever the period.... 

PS. My dad was an R.S.M during WW2..

So what would you have us do, given that as a nation we can't trust others? What would you have us become? Kim's North Korea? Pol Pot's Cambodia? Stalin's Russia? Mao's China?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

So all remainers and 'Euros' are one homogeneous entity with identical opinions on every subject? Ok, let's play that game. Why can't you Brexiters ever address a point directly?

Unless you believe that the EU is a nazi/fascist organisation, is it really so difficult for you to say: "Yes. Equating the modern day EU to Nazi Germany/ Fascist Italy is wrong"? From your reply, I'm not sure what you believe, so why don't you state it categorically one way or the other?

Should British imperialism be used as a stick to beat us Brits today? Imo no. But in the same way that Germany, as a nation, had to - and still has to -confront its' Nazi past, western countries such as the UK, France, etc need to do the same vis-a-vis their colonial past.

I asked you a simple question I didn't expect a convoluted answer, you could have just answered I forgot to mention how many times the British Empire is brought up, or even my biases won't let me answer evenly and fairly, but lets twist again like we did last summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Are you trying to imply that Dominic Cummings is responsible for Covid now too? You must believe he's some sort of superman to be overseeing everything in the UK. Even Wee Burney's dismal performance on all the woes of Scotland too perhaps?

Nice attempt but no prize.

Where did I say Cummins was responsible for corona?

But his government has been woeful in its response to it. Hell he even managed to catch it himself. Along with his cough Boss cough. Having caught it he then drove several hundred miles presumably stopping along the way for fuel and comfort breaks (unless they took a potty with them in the car). 

But of course he is a cult figure within the Brexit faithful. Therefor to be defended at all costs even though his government is an unmitigated disaster. 

Conservative MP's dont like him. The heads of the civil service dont like him. Of course, Johnson cannot do without him though because the alternative is even worse.

Johnson having to do the job of being Prime Minister himself. ????

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I asked you a simple question I didn't expect a convoluted answer, you could have just answered I forgot to mention how many times the British Empire is brought up, or even my biases won't let me answer evenly and fairly, but lets twist again like we did last summer.

So lets not mention the British Empire because its not relevant any more but its ok to mention the nazis in almost every thread on the EU?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I answered your question directly. Have you ever done the same?

Once again, do you believe that it is inappropriate and insulting to equate the EU in 2020 with Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

Once again, do you believe that it is inappropriate and insulting to equate the EU in 2020 with Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy?

Good luck with that. Trying to get a Brexiteer to give a definitive answer to anything is like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

Big on rhetoric and bluster.

Facts and answers. Not so much.

Edited by Rookiescot

1 minute ago, RayC said:

My question to you was as you were mounting your moral high horse was, why don't you mention all of the times that it seems acceptable to keep mentioning the Empire, by being one sided and having double standards you kinda lose the moral high ground, don't you agree. 

I have known you long enough to know how you keep deflecting, so it's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Good luck with that. Trying to get a Brexiteer to give a definitive answer to anything is like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

Big on rhetoric and bluster. Facts and answers. Not so much.

A voice from the wilderness, don't listen to them posters that believe in democracy and we insult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Have I fallen into your trap? Oh dear, I did ask for clarification from The Independent's Covid poster but you jumped in too. I think your "... Johnson and Cummins are presiding over a shambles..." gave it away for me. Please try to be more precise in future baiting.

So long as he is not liked by all the leftist, and the Covid alarmists, and the Remainers and the Scotch, he's sounding pretty good to me.

So once again no actual answer to the post I made.

And then a bit of baiting that you only just complained about others doing ????

• Like 1