Has anyone spotted good carrot cakes anywhere

JensenZ

This is probably about the most mundane post ever, but I'm searching for a good carrot cake. There used to be (or still is) a lady that makes amazing carrot cake at the Thepprasit night market but I haven't been there since covid started and never got her contact number.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Make your own always better, Im lucky my wife can make anything I want

I love a good carrot cake, but this one is for my wife. Neither of us have ever baked a cake though, and we need one by tomorrow.

Edited by JensenZ

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

I love a good carrot cake, but this one is for my wife. Neither of us have ever baked a cake though, and we need one by Tuesday.

Bit short notice, up until a couple of years ago my wife had never baked a cake now she's a dab hand at it Cake Cookies and Bread different snacks now her friends order from her, beside all the food she cooks  

23 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Bit short notice, up until a couple of years ago my wife had never baked a cake now she's a dab hand at it Cake Cookies and Bread different snacks now her friends order from her, beside all the food she cooks  

Honestly, I love cake, but my blood sugar levels are already too high, so I usually try to stay away from it except on special occasions... so a wife baking amazing cakes would probably be the death of me LOL.

Edited by JensenZ

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

just go to Big C and buy the damn carrot cake .....  get the biggest bloody carrot cake you can 

Thank you for your bloody sarcasm, but please save it for a political thread. I've checked the selection at Big C Extra and have never seen a carrot cake. I don't want a big one, but a high quality one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Thank you for your bloody sarcasm, but please save it for a political thread. I've checked the selection at Big C Extra and have never seen a carrot cake. I don't want a big one, but a high quality one.

I know, i'm just putting a bit of joke in the morning .... lol

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I know, i'm just putting a bit of joke in the morning .... lol

Maybe they do have them there... I usually go late in the afternoon, and perhaps they are sold by then. If someone can confirm they have seen them at Big-C Extra, I'll go early and check.

• Like 1

I make my own, plus the cream cheese filling and topping.  Lots of ready receipts on google.  You do need a good electric oven for temp control, 6,000 Baht from Home Pro.  Worth it if, like me, you love baking.

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, trucking said:

My Big C had a delicious carrot cake. Just the once though. I made the mistake of liking it which is the kiss of death when it comes to food options. Anything I like almost instantly gets withdrawn .

I do hope that problem doesn't extend to the ladies.

9 hours ago, trucking said:

My Big C had a delicious carrot cake. Just the once though. I made the mistake of liking it which is the kiss of death when it comes to food options. Anything I like almost instantly gets withdrawn .

That happened to me many times as well. In Switzerland even more then here. Its like a curse. As for the cake I unclearly recall to have indeed spotted some at Big C Extra Pattaya Klang. How about baking one yourself ? I think should not be too difficult to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

That happened to me many times as well. In Switzerland even more then here. Its like a curse. As for the cake I unclearly recall to have indeed spotted some at Big C Extra Pattaya Klang. How about baking one yourself ? I think should not be too difficult to do.

Yes. I already bake my own banana

cakes way better than I can buy ( because I ignore the expense and mix with plenty of walnuts ) and this thread has given me the idea to try carrot cake. Might even go the whole hog and put some icing on top.

11 hours ago, Villapete said:

There is a Thai lady on Youtube that makes cakes in a rice cooker. Her carrot cake looks good. Not done one myself yet but intend to. An option maybe.

Much more energy efficient than using an oven => green carrotcake.

16 hours ago, onebir said:
On 10/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, Villapete said:

There is a Thai lady on Youtube that makes cakes in a rice cooker. Her carrot cake looks good. Not done one myself yet but intend to. An option maybe.

Much more energy efficient than using an oven => green carrotcake.

Indeed; and even more so if you get a Thai lady to do it for you. (bake / make a cake that is)