Sarasas school director ‘unprepared and too busy’ to answer police summons

webfact

Sarasas school director ‘unprepared and too busy’ to answer police summons

By The Nation

800_17f04266260654c.jpg?v=1602051652

Sarasas Witaed Ratchaphruek School’s director did not answer his police summons on Wednesday to provide clarification on the child abuse scandal, saying he has not been given time to prepare.

A school representative showed up at Chaiyapruek Police Station at 10am on Wednesday to hand over a letter detailing the director’s reason for failing to appear.

He explained that the director believes he has not been given enough time to gather evidence and that he is busy with other important jobs, which leaves him with no time to acknowledge accusations of violating the Private School Act.

The representative also clarified that he was not linked to the team of Decha Kittivittayanan, the lawyer who helped Ornuma “Khru Jum” Plodprong file lawsuits against parents of the children she had assaulted.

People working at the Sarasas Witaed Ratchaphruek School have come under heavy criticism, particularly the president of Sarasas schools, Piboon Yongkamol, who showed no compassion or sympathy for parents during an interview with Thairath TV.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395769

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-07

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

What a boneless little turd! Here we clearly can see an educational example of a scared to death little boy in a grown up mans body that can not stand stright and take the responsibility that comes with his title. Go home and cry to mama, you little shame of a toddler.

Who are you referring to as a "boneless little turd"? Have you seen the director's photo? 

"A school representative showed up at Chaiyapruek Police Station at 10am on Wednesday to hand over a letter detailing the director’s reason for failing to appear."

25 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Who are you referring to as a "boneless little turd"? Have you seen the director's photo? 

"A school representative showed up at Chaiyapruek Police Station at 10am on Wednesday to hand over a letter detailing the director’s reason for failing to appear."

I meant that the guy has no backbone.

17 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Shouldn't his failure to appear following a summons should be followed up with charges being made and/or an arrest warrant being issued?

He was summoned by police, not by a court. Did nobody ever teach you "Never talk with the police"?

If police summons you, you don't go, that's just common sense in most countries.

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

I don't understand what issues the teacher who assaulted the kids has to enable her to file a lawsuit against the parents. That is just freaking crazy. 

I think i read in another article that one of the parents hit the teacher, and that's why the teacher did file charges.

• Like 1

It seems he is unprepared and too busy to do his job properly either. Based on the attitude of the Sarasas owner, I wouldn't be surprised if incompetence and abuse run deep throughout the organisation. The kids don't stand a chance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He explained that the director believes he has not been given enough time to gather evidence and that he is busy with other important jobs, which leaves him with no time to acknowledge accusations of violating the Private School Act.

This is what's wrong with Thailand and the system.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Sarasas Witaed Ratchaphruek School’s director did not answer his police summons on Wednesday to provide clarification on the child abuse scandal, saying he has not been given time to prepare.

So he didn't do his homework? Detention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

He was summoned by police, not by a court. Did nobody ever teach you "Never talk with the police"?

If police summons you, you don't go, that's just common sense in most countries.

Typically in Thailand, failing to turn up to a police station when summonsed results in the automatic issuance of a second summons. Fail to turn up for that and an arrest warrant may be issued.

7 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Typically in Thailand, failing to turn up to a police station when summonsed results in the automatic issuance of a second summons. Fail to turn up for that and an arrest warrant may be issued.

If they had enough evidence they would directly issue an arrest warrant. Obviously they don't have enough evidence, which is why they "summon" him.

There won't be a warrant just because he doesn't go to the police station.

This is by the way the same way how it works in Germany, i would have suspected that most other countries have similar laws. If you are accused of something there is no point in going to the police station if summoned.

Edited by jackdd

19 hours ago, Patts said:

I don't understand policing in Thailand. In most countries a police summons is not a request, it's a demand and if you don't appear you are arrested yet I see in Thai media that Hi-so's ignore summons from the police and courts all the time. Look at the Redbull Heir "Boss" was issued with 8 court summons and didn't appear to any prior to fleeing the country

Kangaroo Police

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

I don't understand what issues the teacher who assaulted the kids has to enable her to file a lawsuit against the parents. That is just freaking crazy. 

The parent of one of the children slapped her across the face at an interview.. which was caught on camera and widely shared on media.

While I don't for one second condone what she did to the children, the law being equal she has the right to

to pursue a lawsuit against the parent for assault... all things being equal.

unless you think a two tier system is OK?