THAI aiming to double non-flight revenue

webfact

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said the catering business aims to boost its annual revenue from Bt10 billion to Bt20 billion in the next five years.

so double over the next 5 years ....  ambitious given the economic environment.   imo 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Try not charging £35 per kg excess baggage and swop for a £60 per piece 23kg model offered by BA and Finnair and not block or blacklist your customers for asking questions would be a start ????   

B.S. THAI is very flexible regarding weight compared to ALL other airlines I have used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Try not charging £35 per kg excess baggage and swop for a £60 per piece 23kg model offered by BA and Finnair and not block or blacklist your customers for asking questions would be a start ????   

But with Thai you get 30kg with your ticket whereas airlines that go by piece allow only 23kg. Also, from my personal experience Thai will usually allow the first few extra kg with no charge. 

1 hour ago, Clarkey611 said:

Unfortunately, they would start moaning about actually having to do something. They are clearly not used to that, especially involving a foreigner!

They use to think they were gods, air-hostess dressed in a snappy uniform.

Take off the wings and neckerchief nothings left.

Just a trolley-dolly as we used to call them.

History has proven they are useless at running a profitable Airline so why not close it and just start a Catering Company full time ?   Still; i guess they would still struggle when all the 'Elite' hangers on demand free food instead of free seats !

• Haha 1

haha this morning's laugh.  They are trying to emulate Singapore Airlines and use their A380s for catering, but Thai is not SA, not by a long , long way. They need to give it up and return and sell the aircraft.  It will always lose money, forever. 

If they approach this from a percentage basis, there’s no need to increase revenue from non-flight income, they just need to make less income from flights.

No problem,  they’re world leaders at this.

From 10 to 20 billion Baht, well that is indeed excellent news. Just wondering who else will be enjoying "Thai Airways - smooth as Somtam" or so? 

The problem is not in the revenue and aiming for 50 percent of the non-flight (i.e. cargo, to my limited understanding, is also "flight" yet listed as non-flight) is reaching for the stars.

If the revenue is not the (sole) problem, what else could it be? Well, Thai Airways to me looks like Makro or Foodland without cashier counters on the way out. Everyone who could - would help themselves and it reflects a perfect storybook example of unforeseen corruption, nepotism and inefficiency. 

But anyway, happy days are here again, it's Somtam, Sticky Rice and Laokao - all the way - good on them ???? 

Read an interesting article on another site yesterday about Singapore's flagship carrier. They now serve lunch and dinner on grounded planes. You can pick the class you want to dine in.  Apparently it has been booked out since they started this service. Quite popular in Singapore. 

• Haha 1