Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

Now let’s if the authorities are going to scrambling shut down all and stations again… #ม็อป18ตุลา
Quote Tweet
Pichayada P.

@PichayadaCNA

“At 3pm - Please be ready at BTS skytrain station near your house” It seems protesters may use the same strategy they used yesterday - get people to every sky try station before announcing protest sites #ม็อบ18ตุลา #WhatsHappeningInThailand

Just now, sammieuk1 said:

Watch packing must be going on the people are not listening to the unelected anymore ????????

Tick tock, tick tock.

The most graphic images of police brutality towards the protesters are to be found on TikTok Thailand.

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

JarvxOtY_bigger.png

BTS’s 10 stations and MRT’s 5 stations to suspend its services temporarily at 14:30 onward. #WhatsHappeninglnThailand #ThailandProtest2020

The army dopes fall for it again!

"Oh no you don't.  I'm going to punch myself in the face first."

18 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Lot of people getting vexed over this mainly people who work in the shopping centers a couple of my wife's friends had problems getting home

Same as my GF, Having to take a Taxi home from down in Bang Na.  Yesterday she spent 140 baht to get home because she had the driver take the toll way.  Would have cost her 64 Baht between BTS and MRT.  Good thing she makes more than 300 Baht per day, as a hair colorist.  Hate to see what those poor folks who are making a meager living are having to do.  I walked the 6 KM home from Terminal 21 yesterday since the MRT was closed, at least I got a little bit of exercise since I did not run in Lumpini Park in the morning due to rain.

I am almost certain that I would make a LOT of money if I bet on what i think the outcome of all this was going to be. 

But i have ethics that would not allow me to bet against something I feel is right.

Looking at a sea of protesters here on youtube live, old Canute springs to mind, given the metaphor. I must say, it's all quite atmospheric, given the cutting between the crowd, individuals, and the trains running overhead. The abundance of cute girls doesn't hurt either.

16 minutes ago, Susco said:

I see a live stream from victory monument on a certain FB page had 25 K viewers 10 minutes ago, and 7K now. Looks like they are blocking access to the stream or not?

Demonstration is winding down. Finishing at 8 p.m. Or maybe that's just Asok?

Edited by KhaoNiaw

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

Wow, it's still pretty amazing here on youtube. A Thai flag being flown in the middle of the crowd. Where are the yellow shirts? I'm guessing their misappropriation of that symbol is well and truly dead.

Every demonstration of any shade or colour that I've seen in Thailand has people carrying the Thai flag.

5 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

What's wrong with that? It's about the country they want to save from more damage done by the Army guys.  

Nothing wrong with that. I was just replying to someone suggesting it was something only the yellowshirts did. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Just now, nausea said:

I was wondering what the next move would be, now I know, Voice TV, among others, banned. Not really unexpected, I was pretty bloody surprised they allowed those live broadcasts to continue for so long

The Sun livefeed seems to have gone too after being suddenly cut the other night. Not easy for them to cut TikTok though.