“The Stranded”: Highlighting the plight of expats unable to return to Thailand. #6 Foreigner in hoop jumping nightmare before prison-like Thai state quarantine

webfact

I know of a few who were in cheaper quarantine than Mr. 'R' and it was not nice.  Food was almost always cold and very small portions (not allowed to order in from outside). A couple of very boring and time-wasting weeks to say the least.  

23 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Comparing it to a prison is ridiculous. It is two weeks, not two months or two years. Some people sound like cry babies. I got arrested once and imprisoned in Morocco not knowing when I would be released, and the only food was if it was brought to the prison by somebody outside, a friend. One guy in there didn’t have a friend, his teeth were falling out from malnutrition, eventually the Red Cross or Red Crescent got him out. Also visited a prison in Nicaragua. Over a hundred people in one cell, and doubling up sleeping on a concrete bunk with no mattress or blanket. So don’t whine to me about two weeks knowing you’ll soon be with your wife. Don’t show this one to the Thai government, they will probably laugh and It will destroy any of the good work you are doing for the real people stuck outside the country. Two weeks with food and television and internet...Sob Sob Sob!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Having spent time in a military nick I know which I'd rather have. At least in ASQ you can decide when to switch your own light out.????

My sympathies for his problems with his mother, I really do hope she fares well. My mother is late 80s and I made a trip to the Midlands last year because I was worried her guy was about to keel over. I came away more worried about her. (They're both still quite active though fortunately.)

And I also hope TV doesn't use this story as an example with the authorities ... it'll totally undermine their case.

It's quarantine dammit. Not holiday. Only interesting for long stayers like me. Except I'm stuck out of country right now. Which is also my choice. Could wing it on an O-A, but changed all my plans instead, won't be out under current circumstances till late next year.

But I think for the price, they could do m u c h better with the food. These are hotels dammit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Sounds like purgatory to me, No Dial A Pizza No Beer 

Can do . 

Grab , and Panda , deliver to the monkey house ..

Edited by elliss
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

...that had the roots in fregging China. If they would have given more information about the disease to give other countries time, things would be different.

Given that the Chinese Doctor who discovered the Covid-19 virus .

Was visited , and threatened by the Chinese authorities / police ..

My  experiences of visiting China , the best part was leaving ..

• Haha 1

So he had a difficult journey getting back. At least he got back. Doesn't he realise that a lot of Australians and other nationalities are having a far worse time not being able to get back to their own countries with no money nowhere to stay and all sorts of problems. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1