With time running out, Trump to go on offensive at debate in bid to catch Biden

webfact

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Well, for starters, the US is 27 trillion in debt and Biden wants to spend much more than Trump."

If you track the deficit, the health of the economy, and who has been in the White House since 1992 you'll find that Democratic Presidents run the deficit up when the economy is bad and down when the economy is good.  Republican Presidents run the deficit up with the economy is good or bad.  Trump definitely followed that pattern.

And right now money is cheap and there are things like infrastructure that Trump utterly neglected. And of course, taxes will be raised on the rich should Biden win.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

FCX, I asked a simple question -  "why do you think so many blacks and latinos voted for a racist guy?". Are you really saying that there wasn't a large number? at least 5 million according to my artithmetic. I wouldn't 1 to vote for a racist -  do you think they maybe know something you don't?

And according to your way of thinking the vast majority of black people don't either. Just possibly it's the minority of black americans who got it wrong. You start out by claiming "lots." Lots turns out to be a small percentage. And now you're claiming that even though they are a small percentage, somehow they got it right. Not much evidence of rigorous thinking on your part.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

FCX, I asked a simple question -  "why do you think so many blacks and Latinos voted for a racist guy?". Are you really saying that there wasn't a large number? at least 5 million according to my arithmetic. I wouldn't expect 1 to vote for a racist -  do you think they maybe know something you don't?

If the country was Australia, 5 million would be a big number and you might have a point. But it's not, is it?

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

FCX, I asked a simple question -  "why do you think so many blacks and Latinos voted for a racist guy?". Are you really saying that there wasn't a large number? at least 5 million according to my arithmetic. I wouldn't expect 1 to vote for a racist -  do you think they maybe know something you don't?

Probably the same answer as to why there a millions of QAnon followers who believe people targeted by Trump would commit suicide en masse on Feb. 10, 2018 or that CIA installed North Korea leader as a puppet leader. There will be people who have their own beliefs but thank god that they are a miniscule minority in relationship to the larger population. 

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Probably the same answer as to why there a millions of QAnon followers who believe people targeted by Trump would commit suicide en masse on Feb. 10, 2018 or that CIA installed North Korea leader as a puppet leader. There will be people who have their own beliefs but thank god that they are a miniscule minority in relationship to the larger population. 

The number which is more than the population of LA is not miniscule.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I gave up thinking any of them would be different after Obama let everyone down.

When he had the senate for the first two years I think he was focused on the economic recovery. He did that well. Then he lost the senate and was thwarted by  Mitch McConnell and friends. So he did underperform a bit. Still did Obamacare which was a big deal. 

It's a pity sometimes the president doesn't just have free rein to have their policies for four years and if they muck it up chuck 'em out.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

As I noted above, Thomas J doesn't have much use for, nor understanding of context. There's a mathematician names Paulos who coined a word: innumeracy. It means to mathematics what illiteracy means to reading.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 3:58 AM, sucit said:

One way to analyze this choice is look at what investment experts are forecasting. It is almost unanimous for example, a Biden victory will be highly positive for precious metals. Precious metals being positive is essentially a sign of America's downfall. 

Having said that, according to experts, a Trump reelection is positive for precious metals as well, just not nearly as much. 

What this all tells you is both of them are basically the same, yet one will be far worse for the country than the other. People can't see this because their eyes are so fogged by emotion and hatred, but hey that is what the expert analysis says at this point: Trump bad; Biden worse. 

Why so much doom and gloom?  Many people are saying that if Trump gets back in this could be the 1st time the yanks don't lose the World Series.

21 hours ago, sucit said:

You are right of course, but the problem is Biden will arguably be much worse. 

To me, this race is like trying to pick a marathon runner to run a race for you, and having to choose between a guy with no legs and a guy in a wheelchair. I have no idea why so many are excited about choosing one or the other. Either choice should frighten the hell out of everyone. What is more frightening is to think the voters actually chose these two supposedly qualified candidates. 

It is all about the issues for me. Biden represents concern for the environment. His administration will immediately stop drilling, fracking and raping national lands. All old growth lumber clearing on many of those lands will cease. That is a very big deal for me. Also, oil exploration in the Arctic, an area infinitely more difficult to protect in the event of the eventual massive spill, that will certainly happen, will cease. The recent spills have proven how unregulated and unprepared many aspects of this industry are, with regard to quality control of rigs, and spills, and the consequences of such cavalier and arrogant behavior toward the environment. 

That alone, is reason to vote for Joe. When you add in his dignity, his character, his ability to negotiate (something Trump is incapable of) and the fact that he will demonstrate respect for our allies, it is win, win. 

Joe Biden by 11 million votes. Get out Don! See ya! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

maybe he can drag it out for another 4years with court cases ?

I suspect there will be some ‘dragging out’.

I, for one, very much look forward to it.

By the heals or the scruff of the neck would do nicely.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Well of course I assumed a fair election, so that's on me for being so naive. Enjoy it.

Unlike you, I take no pleasure in the sufferings of most of Trump supporters. But when someone posts something as nasty as yours was, I have to admit I do take a disgraceful pleasure in such instances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect there will be some ‘dragging out’.

I, for one, very much look forward to it.

By the heals or the scruff of the neck would do nicely.

While they are 'dragging' things out, they might not be too inclined to start more needless wars.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well there is some similar ground here. I too am deeply sad for the The segment of society that thinks the world is now about to get better.

This from the same party who said he was going to enjoy his Xmas early by delighting in the sufferings of said segment?  Quit while you're behind. 

• Like 1