With time running out, Trump to go on offensive at debate in bid to catch Biden

webfact

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some accuse Trump supporters of being racist despite those living in LOS having in many cases married Thais.

Sure Trump had in his mind to be non racial when she courted Melanie and not because she is young, a successful beautiful model and looking for a wealthy husband. Get serious mate.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

45 most definitely is a racist. His words and actions over decades proves that definitively. 

As is Biden, yet people don't mention that. He is also a draft dodger.  This highlights the immense bias from the US media.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/joe-biden-race-crime-bill-1994-policing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're joking right? Have you considered that they might be racist against black people but not Southeast Asians?

You're joking, right?

IMO that's like saying one is "racist" against Muslims, despite Muslims not being a "race". Muslims can be white, black, Asian, Arabs, Thais, Malays, Indonesians etc.

BTW I'm pretty sure I heard Biden accuse Trump of being racist against Muslims in the last debate.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're joking, right?

IMO that's like saying one is "racist" against Muslims, despite Muslims not being a "race". Muslims can be white, black, Asian, Arabs, Thais, Malays, Indonesians etc.

BTW I'm pretty sure I heard Biden accuse Trump of being racist against Muslims in the last debate.

semantics.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some accuse Trump supporters of being racist despite those living in LOS having in many cases married Thais.

You actually think that this is proof of non-racism? Thais are very tolerant of white people. So much so that actors of mixed white-asian marriages are disproportionately featured in cinema and video. , Dark skinned people not so much. In the same way, it's perfectly possible for white people to prefer SE asians and still maintain a prejudice against people of African descent. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

it's perfectly possible for white people to prefer SE asians and still maintain a prejudice against people of African descent.

Now we're getting off topic.

Personally, I prefer women that'll have me, I've never been that concerned what race they came from.

But I assume most posters on this site think in a similar way to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Now we're getting off topic.

Personally, I prefer women that'll have me, I've never been that concerned what race they came from.

But I assume most posters on this site think in a similar way to me.

I will only chose asian women no matter who will want me. Specifically, japanese, korean, vietnamese, chinese.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Some people evolve their opinions. I would hope that some opinions of 45 years ago don't hold much value anymore.

Trump changes his mind every minute, which makes his supporters look incredibly dumb.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Trump changes his mind every minute, which makes his supporters look incredibly dumb.

Yes, but it's mostly a cult of personality political movement. So ideology is not a priority. Belief and loyalty to dear leader is what matters. Of course it's very hard for anyone not in that group to fathom what those people can possibly see to admire about him. He's clearly the worst president in American history and a horrible human being as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Joe's view has changed dramatically since 1975 with political maturity but not Trump since 70s. He and his dad always have been racist and he is ever more so as POTUS. 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Why do you think so many blacks and Latinos voted for Trump in the last election? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Candidates are chosen by the wealthy elite .......... not by the electorate.

Elections are a sham competition between two elitist sock puppets (same hands running them), in an attempt to placate the proletariat.

For all the fault's of Trump  it's hard to say he was at first  brought in by the establishment. The Republicans fought hard to get rid of him in the primaries and it was his rampant supporters that got him in.

Same with Biden. He was on the outer and it was really some black democrats that got him back on track in the southern states.

But once in power, the establishment got behind Trump, and he has filled up the swamp to breaking point. 

Hope Biden will be different. His tax and other policies indicate he is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why do you think so many blacks and Latinos voted for Trump in the last election? 

What do you mean by so many? The raw numbers or the percentage? Because there are 325 million Americans. But in percentage terms 66 percent of Latinos voted for Clinton and 88%  of African Americans.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, but it's mostly a cult of personality political movement. So ideology is not a priority. Belief and loyalty to dear leader is what matters. Of course it's very hard for anyone not in that group to fathom what those people can possibly see to admire about him. He's clearly the worst president in American history and a horrible human being as well. 

There was a worse one recently -  Baby Bush. Fact please not personal opinions. Dealing with 9/11, the Iraq war etc 

I remember vividly you saying 4 years ago that there was no way Trump could win. You are rather biased. 

Edited by Neeranam

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is that your alternative facts. 

2016 election - 29% Latino Trump, 65% Latino Hillary, 71% Obama (2012)

- 8% blacks Trump, 88% blacks Hillary, 93% Obama (2012)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post and replies has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

But once in power, the establishment got behind Trump, and he has filled up the swamp to breaking point. 

Hope Biden will be different. His tax and other policies indicate he is. 

I gave up thinking any of them would be different after Obama let everyone down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Alternative facts?

Edited by Neeranam

2 hours ago, sucit said:

Well, for starters, the US is 27 trillion in debt and Biden wants to spend much more than Trump. 

You are asking the wrong question though. Why would Biden be better is the question? Do you like US foreign policy? Biden will no doubt bow to his masters as he has in the past and be much more hawkish on what is already a wasteful and destructive foreign policy. 

It might also be interesting to add that I lean way left, so I don't consider these assertions particularly biased based on party affiliations. 

Every voter in the US needs to ask themselves, in a perfect world anyway, why on earth is the media so favorable to Biden? Because that is definitely one of the few things Trump has stated correctly.

"Well, for starters, the US is 27 trillion in debt and Biden wants to spend much more than Trump."

If you track the deficit, the health of the economy, and who has been in the White House since 1992 you'll find that Democratic Presidents run the deficit up when the economy is bad and down when the economy is good.  Republican Presidents run the deficit up with the economy is good or bad.  Trump definitely followed that pattern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I call millions of people a lot, especially if the person they vote for is racist :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I call that grasping for straw ????

FCX, I asked a simple question -  "why do you think so many blacks and Latinos voted for a racist guy?". Are you really saying that there wasn't a large number? at least 5 million according to my arithmetic. I wouldn't expect 1 to vote for a racist -  do you think they maybe know something you don't?

Edited by Neeranam
my dslexsia is playing up
  • Like 1