Trump takes fighting stance as election swings toward Biden

webfact

36 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

In his bizarre presser today, 45 said, "the election apparatus in Georgia is run by Democrats."

Gov Kemp is a Republican.

The Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, is in charge of Georgia's election apparatus. He is also a Republican. 45 endorsed him in 2018, saying:

45's Twitter account

"Brad Raffensperger will be a fantastic Secretary of State for Georgia - will work closely with . It is really important that you get out and vote for Brad - early voting....

I reckon he made that mistake based on his race obsessed liddle brain. Atlanta the most iconic successful black majority American city. Black equals democrats. Black Americans are indeed the main reason Biden was nominated and the main reason that 45 will soon lose. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vinci said:

Bill Barr is a 100% gone if Biden win or even will be prosecuted, remember Barr went after Biden family personally 

I suspect that Biden is going to assign Kamala a LOT of the heavy lifting, and a good part of that will be going after the blatant crimes committed by the 45 crime family. She strikes me as having the spirit animal of a pit bull and don't doubt for a second that she isn't already measuring the oval office for new 2024 curtains.

Just now, J Town said:

I suspect that Biden is going to assign Kamala a LOT of the heavy lifting, and a good part of that will be going after the blatant crimes committed by the 45 crime family. She strikes me as having the spirit animal of a pit bull and don't doubt for a second that she isn't already measuring the oval office for new 2024 curtains.

That's what an attorney general is for. Plenty of competent people who will gladly serve under Biden knowing that their boss won't spray them with unwarranted abuse. Even Barr got his share from Trump.

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

Biden is going to have to function without the US Senate.  McConnell will not confirm any of Biden judicial appointments up to and including to the Supreme Court.  In fact, I expect McConnell to refuse to confirm any Cabinet appointments from Biden, because why should he?

Sounds like a major problem, but maybe not.  What Biden should do is to just tell his appointees to move into their offices and start performing their functions.  In fact, Trump has already been doing just that.  A court determined that the acting Secretary of Homeland Security has been filling his post illegally.  Nothing happened.  The guy is still there getting a paycheck.

If McConnell pulls a Merrick Garland on him, Biden should just send his appointee over to the Supreme Court to start performing his duties as an associate justice under the theory that the Senate's failure to advise or consent itself constitutes consent.  

Unfortunately there's a Supreme Court in place that will most likely invalidate that.

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

No. You're wrong. Biden will behave normally. He will let his independent attorney General to decide who to prosecute or not. Also of course the state of New York will be free to make their own decisions as well. Of course he might flee the country which frankly might be the best thing he could do.for the country. 

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

Unfortunately there's a Supreme Court in place that will most likely invalidate that.

When the Supreme Court overturned a law against the interests of Pres. Andrew Jackson, Jackson said,"[Chief Justice] John Marshal has made his decision, now let him enforce it."  

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He will let his independent attorney General to decide who to prosecute or not.

I heard Biden say that very thing in one of the debates and it was like someone opening up a window and letting in fresh air after years of stench building up.

• Like 1

Utter desperation is setting in. And this guy is being true to form. He is without one nanogram of grace, dignity, honor, courage, patriotism, or honesty in his entire body. Biden is on the verge of winning Georgia. It will happen within minutes, or hours. And that puts him one electoral vote away from victory. Yet, the orange one screams they are stealing the election from us! Stop counting votes in the states I am ahead, and keep counting votes in the states I am behind in. What does this guy think a democracy means? Has he ever pondered that? Does he even care?

Billions of people around the world cannot wait to put this nightmare in the rear view. 

• Like 1

The desperation in Trump is way more than embarrassing now.  Nobody expected him to go normally and he was always going to kick and scream and shout that nothing is his fault.  But now it really is time to send in the men in the white coats to take him away.  He is taking his insanity to a whole new level!

Surely the republicans can see that Trump is a laughing stock all over the world and just makes them look pathetic by association.

Just now, cmarshall said:

I certainly hope the DoJ investigates and prosecutes Trump, but I have my doubts.  Obama declined to prosecute the torturers in the CIA who broke US and international law.

SDNY is part of NY State govt so it isn't governed by the Feds. But maybe you knew that and were just commenting on the Feds?

Just now, Jingthing said:

Calm down. Biden will most probably indeed win Georgia but they’re still counting so its a bit early to call it.

The counties left are strongly Democrat. Even if Biden wins 100% of the rest of the votes, it will still be too narrow a finish and will result in a recount. You are absolutely right to show cautious optimism.

The good news? NO presidential election recount ever resulted in a flip.

https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/59698/has-a-recount-ever-changed-the-winner-of-a-state-during-a-presidential-election

4 hours ago, vinci said:

can someone explain to me how does the most powerful country in the world have the dumbest people in the world

Uh, we as American people are in the process of voting Trump out right now. He is toast. Take a look at the UK they voted in Boris Johnson and look what is happening to them between Covid and Brexit.  Better re think your post mate.

• Confused 1