Climate activist Thunberg hits back at Trump over anger management taunt

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"So ridiculous. Donald must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Donald, Chill!"

Ooh, I'm sure the Donald is going to be upset by what some girl in another country says, NOT.

:violin:

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Some girl who told off world leaders for sitting on their a##es on climate change at a United Nations summit. Let me know when it is your turn to speak there.

and that is a level of respect that the rest of us should admire in a child?

Personally, I see her as just another loud mouth, entitled female,  who was never put over her father's knee.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Aylesham said:

Not just the media - anyone who really cares about The environment.

If folk really care about the environment then they should turn off the heating and A/C, ride bikes and stop buying stuff wrapped in way too much plastic to make it look nice for starters.

Then they can complain about the unemployment knock-on......????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

If folk really care about the environment then they should turn off the heating and A/C, ride bikes and stop buying stuff wrapped in way too much plastic to make it look nice for starters.

Then they can complain about the unemployment knock-on......????

IMO most of them drive fossil fuelled vehicles and fly on aeroplanes.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, car720 said:

Personally, I see her as just another loud mouth, entitled female,  who was never put over her father's knee.

Respect is something that has to be earned, not something that can be demanded as a matter of course.

I respected many of my teachers , one I despised as a closet pedophile. Are you saying I should have respected that person because I was a child?

If you are a climate denialist, just say so, and stop beating around the bush.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, car720 said:

this entitled label is mostly used when people want something in a selfish way. I wouldn't describe her calls for a healthy future for mankind and the planet 'entitled'

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Thunberg has Asperger's syndrome. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

If one checks out the positive aspects of an Asperger's, they have quite a few. Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton and Andy Warhol are famous examples.

OTOH, Trump ticks nearly all the boxes of a high-functioning sociopath. Gacy, Bundy and Dahmer are all classed as sociopaths.

When it comes down to it, I know who I would rather listen to.

It's dubious that Mozart had Aspergers. That was just someone's bright idea. Nobody who could write the greatest operas ever composed would have a problem understanding how others feel. And in fact, all these remote judgements about potentially Asperger afflicted people are suspect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. The analysis is based on traits observed by others in their time, and may be inaccurate.

Having said that, I would like to see how anyone could argue Trump is NOT a high-functioning sociopath.

Well that's different because we can predict how a malignant narcissist would react in a particular situation and see if Trump's behavior conforms to that prediction.. Repeatedly, it does.

• Like 2