Biden narrowly beats Trump for presidency of a polarized United States

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

On the one hand I wouldn't want him ruining the ceremony with his toxic presence. OTOH, watching his face when the some in the audience hold up banners with "You're fired!" and "LOOOOSER!" would be priceless!:clap2:

and we can be sure the media will be counting heads and comparing attendance totals to the last two inaugurations, for historical reasons of course.

bronze is good, right?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Nothing in the Constitution or anywhere else prevents a felon from becoming president

Given that there is a serious issue in the USA with the shortage of those capable of critical thinking, I'm thinking a felon will not be elected ...

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm Australian too, and you are wrong. The US election affects every Australian, it's the difference between an erratic and unreliable President whose word is completely  untrustworthy, and a new President who supports an alliance that is the bedrock of our defence.

Perhaps you are too young to be familiar with the term drongo.

Where did I say that the US election results don't affect Australia. I made it clear that now that the Democrats are in power, they will go soft on China and the effects are already being felt as the propaganda arm of the CCP has escalated it's threats to Australia. "You will pay" is their rhetoric.

Saying that I don't cry or get emotional if Trump loses doesn't mean I believe the results doesn't affect Australians. I'm familiar with the term "drongo". You're trying me to flame me and bypass forum rules. "Drongo" means "idiot". I'd like to come back with a suitable insult, but let's leave it at that lest we start a slanging match and we both end up on a vacation.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

Where did I say that the US election results don't affect Australia. I made it clear that now that the Democrats are in power, they will go soft on China and the effects are already being felt as the propaganda arm of the CCP has escalated it's threats to Australia. "You will pay" is their rhetoric.

Saying that I don't cry or get emotional if Trump loses doesn't mean I believe the results doesn't affect Australians. I'm familiar with the term "drongo". You're trying me to flame me and bypass forum rules. "Drongo" means "idiot". I'd like to come back with a suitable insult, but let's leave it at that lest we start a slanging match and we both end up on a vacation.

Dipstick? Wingnut? Wombat? Sorry to the poster who goes by that name.

Therr is no evidence at all that dems will go soft on china. There is lots of evidence trumps trade war that was easy to win, simply wasnt easy to win.

Trumps defreat is a bonus for oz. We may now have an ally to trust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Riiiiiiiiight, but it was totally alright when Trump declared himself the winner on the 5th of November without any actual evidence, unlike Biden! A hypocrite to the very end! So delusional! I can’t wait for the 20th of January when he’ll be finally out of office! 

Like you, I look forward to it immensely!

"The Final Meltdown"! Who knows what Mr Trump will do, but we can be sure that it will be richly comic!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

Why not take a look at the 6 month performance of trhe Yuan, instead of cherry picking.

Another nothing burger fact from our Trump expert JensenZ

image.png.db5996beaf3837813df4327d39a50736.png

No, because it's irrelevant. My chart showed the immediately response of the market to the election numbers, showing clearly which leader the Chinese economy prefers.. but thanks for the chart, which shows the sharpest rise of the Yuan in 6 months. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Dipstick? Wingnut? Wombat? Sorry to the poster who goes by that name.

Therr is no evidence at all that dems will go soft on china. There is lots of evidence trumps trade war that was easy to win, simply wasnt easy to win.

Trumps defreat is a bonus for oz. We may now have an ally to trust.

The evidence is clear - The Obama administration were cosy with China and they ignored military expansion in the South China Sea, even after the International court ruling. That's a problem for Australia, apart from them now wanting to punish Australia for wanting to investigate the Covid19 outbreak in China.

Apart from that, there's volumes of video evidence of Biden's love of China.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, because it's irrelevant. My chart showed the immediately response of the market to the election numbers, showing clearly which leader the Chinese economy prefers.. but thanks for the chart, which shows the sharpest rise of the Yuan in 6 months. 

how do you "know" the market response isn't clearly showing which leader the AMERICAN economy prefers?

as we all know now, trade wars are NOT fun and easy to win.  perhaps american companies are tired of paying tariffs and passing them on to american consumers.

perhaps they're looking at conditions on the ground in china, where the factories are humming and the gdp will have +2% gdp growth this year, with an expected +8% in 2021, and thinking "i wants me summa dat!"

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

The evidence is clear - The Obama administration were cosy with China and they ignored military expansion in the South China Sea, even after the International court ruling. That's a problem for Australia, apart from them now wanting to punish Australia for wanting to investigate the Covid19 outbreak in China.

Apart from that, there's volumes of video evidence of Biden's love of China.

What exactly did Trump do to stop Chinese expansion in the China Sea?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yeah right.

yes, actually it was. The original GIF had "WINNING" at the bottom, but I couldn't make it clear in the Avatar with pixel limitations. It is satirical in nature.  

Edited by JensenZ

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"With the campaign over, it's time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation. It's time for America to unite. And to heal," Biden said on Twitter.

That wasn't their mantra after Trump won in 2016.  That sentiment is from an other different USA. The Democrats changed the rules after Trump won in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, placeholder said:

What exactly did Trump do to stop Chinese expansion in the China Sea?

Quite a bit actually. There's brinkmanship going on there all the time with US vessels. Look it up. When Trump arrived, the islands were already built and fortified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, as usual, from the propaganda arm of the CCP. They were overjoyed at the defeat of Trump.

Also Chinese business is very negative on a Trump victory. Have a look how the CNY reacted to the initial Trump numbers - Yuan dived, then when it became clear Biden was in the lead, the Yuan strengthened.

Yuan reaction.jpg

Now be a good boy and see what was happening in China at that time...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, as usual, from the propaganda arm of the CCP. They were overjoyed at the defeat of Trump.

Also Chinese business is very negative on a Trump victory. Have a look how the CNY reacted to the initial Trump numbers - Yuan dived, then when it became clear Biden was in the lead, the Yuan strengthened.

Yuan reaction.jpg

These short term variations are peanuts. The trend is clearly observable since the beginning of June and obviously reflects the economic performance of China vs the USA.

Screenshot_20201108-140955.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SymS said:

What's an "unapproved social media post"?

Sources which do not fact check their information, which includes many left and right wing outlets.   Here is the rule:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

• Like 2

Just now, mikebike said:

Now be a good boy and see what was happening in China at that time...

Now you a good boy and pay attention. Check out the time stamps of the fall and rise of the Yuan on my chart (chart in UTC). It corresponds to the time the last polls in the US closed and Trump was ahead, and then nearly a day later when the polls were showing Biden catching up or winning. Beijing is UTC +8 and the market in China FX market opens at UTC +1

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

The worst fear for some Kamala Harris, younger, more progressive, a woman a child of an Indian and a Jamaica immigrants ... a heartbeat from the Presidency.

Are you confident that she would be able to do the job of POTUS ?

Would she stand up to China if they began expanding their Country?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Now you a good boy and pay attention. Check out the time stamps of the fall and rise of the Yuan on my chart (chart in UTC). It corresponds to the time the last polls in the US closed and Trump was ahead, and then nearly a day later when the polls were showing Biden catching up or winning. Beijing is UTC +8 and the market in China FX market opens at UTC +1

Would be interesting  to see a comparison of other  currencies .  lol

15 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Tell us how did the euro, the yen and the pound react to Trump's defeat? 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you confident that she would be able to do the job of POTUS ?

Would she stand up to China if they began expanding their Country?

"  Are you confident that she would be able to do the job of POTUS ?"

After supporting for 4 years the most incompetent person ever to hold higher office since Nero you really don't have the right to ask that question.

"Would she stand up to China if they began expanding their Country?"

Why wouldn't she? Because she's a frail little lady? Let me tell you something; she's got more b@lls than the entire Trump household and she doesn't come with the stigma of being a draft dodger. Besides, she would have the entire US armed forces behind.

• Like 2