UK sees goodwill for Brexit trade deal, open to 'sensible' fishing compromise

snoop1130

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Well if the Americans want to be whimsical about their heritage, I reserve my right to claim my Viking heritage. It's a load of nonsense, are we doing deals with the Leprechauns now, if Biden wishes to hang the proverbial Sword of Damocles over our heads we will have no option but to leave devoid of a deal, even you surely wouldn't want to be negotiating under such duress.

I would never be negotiating under such duress as I am not careless (being polite here) enough to get myself in such a vulnerable situation.  

• Like 2

Just now, dunroaming said:

And what would you call someone who negotiated and signed a deal with the EU, told everyone it was a very good deal for Britain, went around high fiving the people he had negotiated it with and then illegally reneged on the agreement.  I know what I would call him! 

Shape shifting creep has already been mentioned ????

We definately have a difference of opinion here, Boris is smart, the remainers held him back so many times, in the end he had no choice but to play them at their own game. And, hey presto, it worked.

As I said before, you had your chance of a soft brexit, do you wish the remainer parliament had taken it now instead of playing Russian roulette with the citizens of the UK.????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

We definately have a difference of opinion here, Boris is smart, the remainers held him back so many times, in the end he had no choice but to play them at their own game. And, hey presto, it worked.

As I said before, you had your chance of a soft brexit, do you wish the remainer parliament had taken it now instead of playing Russian roulette with the citizens of the UK.????

We are getting soft Brexit.

Johnson has capitulated. Along with all the Brexiteers who now claim they want a deal ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

As I said before, those old arguments are well past their sell by dates and are just tedious now.  You really need a new script.  We all accepted years ago that we would be leaving the EU.  The only bone of contention is just how much more can Johnson screw up the negotiations.  After all his "dead in a ditch" promise didn't materialise did it?

As for him being smart, I think he is.  As to being savvy?  Not a hope in hell.  He just stumbles on from one disaster to the next.  Broken promises, U-turns and lies are what he will be remembered for.

If you think I need a new script you need to read the remainer offerings we are subjected to on a daily basis. "Oven ready deal" "You didn't know what you were voting for" "easiest deal in history" need I go on.

Your biases towards Boris and the Tory party sometimes, nay, all the time doth cloud your posts as does many on here. My favourite to replace Mrs May was your all time hero Dom Raab, but I was proved wrong, Boris has exceeded all the trust the electorate have given him, he finally got a mandate to get Brexit done and at least he has got us to the 11th hour.

I know one thing, if the remainers are calling him, which they are, unfairly IMO, he is doing a brilliant job. You were never going to like someone who took us out of the EU, and that also goes for the Grim Reapers on here that don't want the negotiations to succeed or even fail just so they can say 'I told you so'. That last remark is not necessarily aimed at you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes, elections are binding, referendums are advisory only. 

It was your analogy. Not mine. 

I’m afraid you’re wrong. 

I’m afraid no one cares about what you think is the right time. Would a future government even need a referendum? Would they even need parliament? 

It is rather arrogant to say "no one cares"! Plenty of people care! You sound like a dictator!  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It is true that there are still some jibes coming from the people who wanted to stay inside the EU, although they are overwhelmingly responses to baiting posts from the leave camp.  But at the risk of repeating myself (yet again),   I have no problem with the Tory Party, indeed, until recently I have voted Tory all my life and I live in a dyed in the wool Tory stronghold. Raab lives literally two streets away from me.

But I do have a problem with these clowns who now make up the government because they are systematically destroying the reputation and in fact the very fabric that Britain was known for.  And they are led by Boris Johnson, although arguably he is only a puppet for Cummings.  

You really think that this reputation issue has only just started? 

• Confused 1

More trade-related news from HMG today:

Negotiations on the UK’s Future Trading Relationship with New Zealand: Update

The second UK-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiating round took place from 19th October to 2nd November.

PM call with President Moon: 10 November 2020

On trade, both leaders welcomed the trade continuity agreement signed between the UK and South Korea. The Prime Minister pointed to trade as an important way of deepening the relationship between our two countries and improving the lives of our citizens, particularly in areas such as technology.

HTH

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Just remind me again who backed May for the PM position after Johnson and Gove ran away......  Oh yes it was Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg and Fox to name but a few.   Cowards, one and all!

Perhaps but it doesn't change the fact.