Foreign tourism: Could be 2022 before Thailand sees improvement, business media

webfact

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Thailand should better face the reality, and develop as much as possible domestic tourism, starting with slashing the insane prices still asked by the big hotel chains.

Hmmm, not my recent experiences.  I am currently in BKK staying in a 5 star Marriott for 1100 b a night.

About 1/3 the regular  rate.  How much more do you expect them to slash their prices and still make a profit?

1 hour ago, OKF said:

I absolutely agree. On a demonstration in August against the government measures in Germany I did talk to a Doctor and she was saying to me that we will hear soon about the 2 RNA vaccines specifically Curevac, which will come out with a promising one. To short of time to develop she was claiming. So I asked her what that vaccine will be, a placebo? She said maybe not a placebo but certainly not a genetical vaccine as announced. She said it would be impossible to do in that time.

Was she a doctor of comedy ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

100% agree.  boosting domestic tourism is the only logical way forward right now. 

Quite right, but domestic tourists will never be nearly enough. With a daily spending of under 4000baht, and your average 4 star hotel costing 3 to 4 thousand a night , where does that leave the majority of businesses ? Also, the pandemic has hit the Thais who have spending power , and it will continue until life has returned to some sort of normal which most people will agree will be in 12 months to 2 years, if, big if, vaccins and treatments become available. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's business media reported that it would be the end of next year or into 2022 before the country would see any appreciable return to making money from foreign tourists. 

maybe Thailand business media not a reliable source of  information,  wait until, next week for TAT's version  555

20 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

There is no 100% vacine.So that means 10% if it is 90% will still carry the virus.And what if there are side effects from the vacine.Can you see thailand spending money to vacine there people,if you do think this,then you do not know thailand.If a 100% vacine is found thai,s will use it to make money.I will be taking no vacine.I have read some scary things about them.Better to stay safe for a year and then think about it.

Ridiculous ! Rubbish! Anti vaccin gang is getting to you. 

• Like 1

I see clearly who I am without private jet--nobody.

Should take new reality seriously and check Panama if they manage open public transportation from airport to city after 20 years delay.

Leading Vaccines will likely start being approved in the West starting in December. Western countries will start vaccinating their populations in January starting with the elderly (over 65 years?) and health care workers. Thailand should be preparing to resume normal travel and visa procedures for those Westerners who have been vaccinated. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spellforce said:

I the new vaccin is available end of november, mass tourism could come much faster than we think.

(this announcement must has been done before the news about that 90% effective vaccin)

I agree with you but your timeline is off.  The vaccine will not be widely available in north american until MID 2021 still, even with this vaccine possibly getting approved in November / December.  It will not be widely available around the world for a long long long time.  I am talking at least a year from then.  Nearly seven billion people on earth, the logistics of this is staggering (especially since it must be transported frozen)

The vaccine will not end the pandemic for a long time, especially in Thailand.  I can see it easily being 2022 or 2023 before things start to dramatically improve if things work out well.  

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I agree with you but your timeline is off.  The vaccine will not be widely available in north american until MID 2021 still, even with this vaccine possibly getting approved in November / December.  It will not be widely available around the world for a long long long time.  I am talking at least a year from then.  Nearly seven billion people on earth, the logistics of this is staggering (especially since it must be transported frozen)

2 hours ago, Thomas Hannah said:

There is no 100% vacine.So that means 10% if it is 90% will still carry the virus.And what if there are side effects from the vacine.Can you see thailand spending money to vacine there people,if you do think this,then you do not know thailand.If a 100% vacine is found thai,s will use it to make money.I will be taking no vacine.I have read some scary things about them.Better to stay safe for a year and then think about it.

If 90% is accurate, and needs to be verified with more tests, then this is a very high percentage for a vaccine. Most flu vaccines are 50-60%. Noone is forcing you to take a vaccine - but I reckon it will be made a requirement to be able to enter Thailand, and probably many other countries. Or a test to should you have antibodies to the virus. 

2 hours ago, Strongheart said:

The phantom virus has not been purified (isolated) as of yet. It's very existence is questionable. A vaccine can only be produced once the virus has been isolated. 

Ordering a Vaccine means nothing in this case. Even with the virus isolated it will be at least 4 to 5 years to develop a vaccine.

Maybe it's time to understand that this whole fake pandemic is about something entirely different.

A CEO from a pharma company told me there will not be a working vaccine. Also tests are done on people in good condition..... but do they need a vaccine as 99,95% of the people do not die from Covid...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simola said:

Any vaccine ...  ..The elderly in care homes will be first, I can’t see many of them travelling to Thailand ... 

Come off it... That describes 90% of the Ferangs in Thailand...  

It's known globally as God's waiting room..

1 minute ago, Muzzique said:

Come off it... That describes 90% of the Ferangs in Thailand...  

It's known globally as God's waiting room..

In Belgium the people who die are 75+ and mainly 85+.  Most of them have already comorbodities. I doubt that the 40mio visitors to Thailand are in this categorie, but  anyway, they should protect themselves very well, even for the flu, they can die too from influenza.

I think domestic tourism is fine for restaurants  and hotels in the beach resorts ect

places like Pattaya  depend on the bar scene which is more a foreign tourist thing 

So the bar owners are now dependant on the retired expats 

If they hava  to wait until 2022  for foreign tourists to return most will be out of business by then 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patjqm said:

I doubt that the 40mio visitors to Thailand are in this categorie

What 40 mil visitors? 

Have you been listening to TAT again..?

From what I remember, it was only 40 that arrived from China a few weeks ago..

Perhaps the remaining 39,999,960  are coming are coming on the 11.11 singles day promotion they are offering tomorrow. I'm sure they are rolling the airplanes out as we speak ready for the tidal wave of tourists in 24hrs time.

Anyway I would have thought the people in care homes would be queuing up to visit. 

After all, Thailand is Shangri La

No COVID here.... Safest place for them to be right now according to the Thai Government official figures..