Quarantine Period Remains at 14 Days

snoop1130

Just now, JusticeGB said:

And the person who work in the tourism industry are out of work. Cities like Pattaya, Phuket and Chiangmai are having a very tough time. About 11% of the Thai Economy comes from overseas tourism. 

ergo 89% of GDP doesn't come from international tourism..

As said 80+% of Thais don't give a fig about international tourism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

That didn't just happen today.

80%+ of Thais don't actually care as long as their country remains virtually CV19 free.

They don't work in the tourism industry. Those who do are out of work and suffering badly. 

1 minute ago, mr_lob said:

It already is, they are just testing WAY too little

And your evidence for this is ... ?

And in separate news, Thailand is in the grip of Bubonic Plague, Ebola, Marburg hemorrhagic fever, yaws and foulbrood, but because the authorities aren't testing for it enough we don't know it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I reckon the attitude of ordinary people has been, right the Government has basically closed down my (insert tourism business) and I have no idea when it might ever open again. OK I must do something else and away they've gone. If they waited for the Government they would be worse off each day. Its not really a country of cry baby whingers like back home, people have taken it on the chin, got up and walked on. The Covid hit was to the wider economy as well, trade etc must have been way down. But from the activity around my joint the last couple of months you wouldn't know there is a problem and that includes thousands of Cambodians said and observed to have arrived illegally recently and working busily on the fruit harvest.  Any reopening in Thailand will be on the same basis as the rest of the world, on a staged cautious basis, speed largely determined by vaccine availability or not. If they get to 15/20 % next year with the tourists I would be surprised. But a lesser period of quarantine from specific countries would be one of those first cautious steps. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

3 - What is the 'hospitalization' procedure (which hospital, length of stay, etc.) after having been tested positive?

I've read a few reports here and there that all COVID patients are treated in 'negative pressure' rooms.

The indian guy who tested positive on one of the islands tested positive followed by a negative test but they put him in a negative pressure prison anyway - just to be sure. I doubt he agreed with that due to his negative test but that's hard luck.

That's full isolation, filtered air, everyone in 100% PPE and even if you're asymptomatic.

I have no doubt that they will continue to do this until there's many 1000's of cases and there's no longer enough isolation rooms.

There will be 1000's of cases, it's just a matter of when. They have to open up some time, it will happen. Maybe the people are vaccinated by then, we're talking on the scale of years here.

• Like 1

You will never get rid of People entering Thailand with COVID—19, 

reason: I know one Thai lady who traveled back from Greece. The doctor who signed the fit to fly and COVID tests just checked her blood pressure!!! That’s it. If you don’t check up on corrupt countries we from honest countries will never get rid of the quarantine and will never come to Thailand and get locked in for 14 days, sooo sad for us and Thailand 

20 hours ago, YetAnother said:

it is amazing; number one hypocrite, anutin, wearing a mask !

And Minister of U Turns!  I believe anything he says as much as I believe in Santa Claus - maybe that's the reason for his mask - he's growing a beard for Dec 25th!

20 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

I reckon the attitude of ordinary people has been, right the Government has basically closed down my (insert tourism business) and I have no idea when it might ever open again. OK I must do something else and away they've gone. If they waited for the Government they would be worse off each day. Its not really a country of cry baby whingers like back home, people have taken it on the chin, got up and walked on. The Covid hit was to the wider economy as well, trade etc must have been way down. But from the activity around my joint the last couple of months you wouldn't know there is a problem and that includes thousands of Cambodians said and observed to have arrived illegally recently and working busily on the fruit harvest.  Any reopening in Thailand will be on the same basis as the rest of the world, on a staged cautious basis, speed largely determined by vaccine availability or not. If they get to 15/20 % next year with the tourists I would be surprised. But a lesser period of quarantine from specific countries would be one of those first cautious steps. 

"thousands of Cambodians said and observed to have arrived illegally recently and working busily on the fruit harvest"

And possibly bringing Covid with them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

They don't work in the tourism industry. Those who do are out of work and suffering badly. 

Exactly!

You are slow on the uptake so I shall repeat.......

To your comment:-

Goodbye tourism industry in Thailand. 

I said:-  

That didn't just happen today.

80%+ of Thais don't actually care as long as their country remains virtually CV19 free.

Note also that domestic tourism continues, you probably should have added "international".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, thai006 said:

Good idea I don’t want Covid in Thailand. And I done my 14 days quarantine already ????????????

Yes I did it as well and I know quite a few others.

I actually enjoy the quiet in Pattaya I admit, but fell sorry for the effected people living of tourists.

This high season is spoiled for good, lets hope a vaccination comes next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why don't they just shut up and leave things as they are, nothing can be done unless they want to do more harm than good, the cat is out of the bag and they can thank their Chinese mates for it, vaccines on the way, mass vaccinations will follow and them they can open up again, simple really, if the country survives, so will others, of it sinks, so will others.

There country rely on tourists. Australia do not. Can't compare

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Almost daily they report of positive tests in quarantine?

No there is not show me where. There are daily positive tests on arrival.ie at the airport if you have a temperature. Reports of people testing positive in quarantine on day 5 or day 12 are almost non existant

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, jimn said:

No there is not show me where. There are daily positive tests on arrival.ie at the airport if you have a temperature. Reports of people testing positive in quarantine on day 5 or day 12 are almost non existant

Positive at the airport on the way to the quarantine... why split hairs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

Wasn't comparing, 10% - 20% tops of their GDP would hardly sink their country, would make an impact though, that said, not much they can do about it, or any other country for that, Australia and it's 3% GDP from tourism is pretty much in the same boat, considering they have sweet f a in industry last I checked except for the big miners, with their economy or false economy basically running of off the inflated property markets, which will come to a huge decrease eventually.

Edited by 4MyEgo

8 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Thailand hasn’t ordered any of the Pfizer vaccine which is not suitable for tropical third world countries anyway as it has to be stored in freezers. I doubt they have ordered any of the others either,

Thailand does’nt have freezers??

Last I heard they had ordered 30,000,000 doses from the U.K. are you saying they have changed their minds? 

There is of course the Chinese vaccine proven not to work but they can come and go at will it seems.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Good decision .

Cases overview
Thailand
Total cases
+4
Recovered
Deaths
+0
Worldwide
Total cases
51.2M
Recovered
33.5M
Deaths
1.27M

That’s a bit stupid comparing one country to the rest of the whole wide world !!!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Tourism in Australia continues to be a driver of growth for the Australian economy, with domestic and international tourism spend totalling $122 billion in 2018-19. Tourism also directly employed 666,000 Australians making up 5 per cent of Australia's workforce. .

I never understand why some think their country is in some way special and tourism is not important...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Positive at the airport on the way to the quarantine... why split hairs?

Oh come on now, testing in the airport on arrival in the country is not tested positive in quarantine by any stretch of the imagination. I agree there are many who test positive on arrival in the airport but in quarantine as I described it no.

1 hour ago, Janner1 said:

Last I heard they had ordered 30,000,000 doses from the U.K. are you saying they have changed their minds?

Last I heard you were pulling <deleted> figures out of your <deleted>.  Perhaps you'd care to provide some background to your ludicrous assertion?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Tourism in Australia continues to be a driver of growth for the Australian economy, with domestic and international tourism spend totalling $122 billion in 2018-19. Tourism also directly employed 666,000 Australians making up 5 per cent of Australia's workforce. .

I never understand why some think their country is in some way special and tourism is not important...

Bla bla we don't need. I bet you are disappointed.