Passengers stuck at Phuket airport after flights delayed for 7 hours

snoop1130

Passengers stuck at Phuket airport after flights delayed for 7 hours

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1605258485_1-org.jpg

Passengers started posting their own live videos after the flights were delayed for the fourth time. Screenshot: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A total of 190 passengers finally departed Phuket International Airport for Bangkok at about 2:40am this morning (Nov 13) after three Vietjet Air flights were delayed due to what the airline says were “technical checks”.

Passengers booked on flight VJ309 were scheduled to depart at 7:55pm and arrive Suvarnabhumi International Airport at 9:25pm, while those booked to board VZ311 were to take off at 10pm and arrive in Bangkok at 11:30pm. The third flight, VZ313, was to depart at 11:55pm and arrive at Suvarnabhumi at 1:25am. 

Airline ground staff gave the waylaid passengers drink vouchers valued at B150 and gave passengers who bought flight insurance B600 cash each after the staff had announced that the flights would be delayed for the fourth time.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/passengers-stuck-at-phuket-airport-after-flights-delayed-for-7-hours-77967.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-13

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

gave passengers who bought flight insurance B600 cash each

What is this "flight insurance" on an internal flight for? 

It is probably nearly equal to the cost of the flight!

Edited by fangless

Yesterday 13 November we were originally scheduled on the 4:10PM vietjet flight to BKK from Phuket. Got an email the day before that it was rescheduled to 7:55PM.  After arriving at the airport that flight was delayed and finally left a little after 9PM.

I actually like Viet Jet and have been very satisified with them in the past. Hope they can get the problems sorted out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

7 hour delay for a Thai is like a lifetime.... they can't even wait for a green traffic light.

However, when it's a dinner invitation they begin to prepare to leave about that time, they have been invited to join the dinner-party – presume it's same-same but different...:whistling:

24 hours on quite a few occasions, 3 days late once. What gets me is that if you are late by 1 minute at check in you forfeit your flight and have to re-purchase. Airline at fault by 3 days and the t'c and c's are firmly in their favour.

All in all as long as I arrive someday and in 1 piece I don't worry any longer.  Perhaps I should watch a few British Airline reality documentaries so I can practice my Karen+Darren anger.

23 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Yesterday 13 November we were originally scheduled on the 4:10PM vietjet flight to BKK from Phuket. Got an email the day before that it was rescheduled to 7:55PM.  After arriving at the airport that flight was delayed and finally left a little after 9PM.

Pre-Covid, a few days before departure I was notified that VietJet had delayed my flight by a few hours. I called, said this wouldn't work for my schedule, and asked to be moved to the earlier flight. They made the change at no cost.

For most airlines if there has been announced change of 2 hours or more you can ask to be moved to an earlier or later flight, and they will do it for you if there are open seats. I've successfully done this on both AirAsia and VietJet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1