In ASQ fancy a few beers.......now!

Danoli69

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No booze permitted in ASQ...  

The reason being that ’some people’ will get drunk and start acting like tools. They’ll try and leave the ASQ to go out for more beer etc..  

It is unfortunate that the rules are made for the lowest common denominator. 

That said, my baggage was not searched, a lot of others have also reported their baggage was also not searched - thus if you want to pick up a bottle of something at Duty Free you’d likely get away with it. 

That said: 2 weeks isn’t too hard to wait for a beer.... 

Always the way - the few spoiling the enjoyment of the many.

Contemplating my trip now. I'll bring duty frees and lots of books. Being stuck in the same room for two weeks does sound rather horrible though. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, dbrenn said:

Always the way - the few spoiling the enjoyment of the many.

Contemplating my trip now. I'll bring duty frees and lots of books. Being stuck in the same room for two weeks does sound rather horrible though. 

A hotel room with all amenities or solitary confinement in Broadmoor. Hmm, difficult choice.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:09 AM, Danoli69 said:

Why not.?

its not like I’m going to run amok!

havent got much on the old agenda today or tomorrow!

anyone else feel the same?

What hotel did you choose for the quarentine?,:,there will be a bottle of grey goose going in my suitcase next month..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wish I packed some Grey Goose leaving Sydney yesterday, hoped to grab supplies at Swampy, but completely controlled going through, nothing open.

ASQ hotel firmly declined my request for a 6 pack, quoting gov refs.

At least I have a balcony and an espresso machine...

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but that hand full of people spoils it for the rest. That is the way of the world. If everyone knew how to behave we would not need any rules. 

Some people become really bad when drunk and they of course dislike being locked up in a hotel room. Its asking for trouble. They should just supply then with cannabis to keep calm 

Drunk on a 6 pack? Maybe A bit mellow. 

• Like 1

Just now, madmen said:

Drunk on a 6 pack? Maybe A bit mellow. 

I was talking about alcohol in being available in ASQ and then getting drunks. Not about the quantity. If you give a lil bit people will moan they want more. I can understand it some drunks are so hard to manage especially in a situation where they are locked up. 

Sadly its always the idiots that spoil it for the rest. Same goes actually for many things ????

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

No booze permitted in ASQ...  

The reason being that ’some people’ will get drunk and start acting like tools. They’ll try and leave the ASQ to go out for more beer etc..  

I'm curious, have you seen this reason given officially, or is that just an assumption? People reasonably assume that's the logic behind the ban here - despite the fact that most countries have no issue with alcohol in quarantine - but I kind of wonder, given all the other odd restrictions in Thai quarantines.

For example, in many countries you can order in any food that you want; here, ordering in food isn't allowed, even if it's just left in the lobby and then deposited outside your door. Many forum members have constructed rationalizations for why that is, but I've never actually seen an official explanation.

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes but that hand full of people spoils it for the rest. That is the way of the world. If everyone knew how to behave we would not need any rules. 

Some people become really bad when drunk and they of course dislike being locked up in a hotel room. Its asking for trouble. They should just supply then with cannabis to keep calm ????

"If everyone knew how to behave we would not need any rules." One of the most sensible quotes I have ever read Rob, well said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Would they allow Heineken zero?  Not too bad after the first mouthful.

My hotel would not allow it. I have never tried it, so I figured would be a good time to do so. So I asked hotel and they said no alcoholic beverages allowed. I replied that it was zero alcohol beer as in no alcohol. They said doesn't matter, no alcohol allowed. I gave up at that point. TIT

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, toolpush said:

My hotel would not allow it. I have never tried it, so I figured would be a good time to do so. So I asked hotel and they said no alcoholic beverages allowed. I replied that it was zero alcohol beer as in no alcohol. They said doesn't matter, no alcohol allowed. I gave up at that point. TIT

I tried explaining that to the staff in 7/11 during lockdown

• Haha 1

I read on here that someone was stopped from buying a certain brand of fish sauce at Makro after 2pm because it has trace amounts of alcohol in it.

I always liked the way some Russians would take their bottle of beer from the 7 fridge then plonk then exact amount owed on the counter & walk out the door.

It's maybe why they closed off the fridges in some stores.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Some people become really bad when drunk and they of course dislike being locked up in a hotel room. Its asking for trouble. They should just supply then with cannabis to keep calm ????

Good idea for mitigating the effects of acute alcohol deprivation - however the practical and legal hindrances are enormous so I fear its a non-starter.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:
On 11/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

That said: 2 weeks isn’t too hard to wait for a beer.... 

Glad you think so

I like my beer and have a beer, wine or Whisky on most days. I can go without, but enjoy boozing so I choose to drink whenever I want or feel like it. 

I stayed for 15 days in ASQ without a beer without any issue whatsoever. 

If someone struggles for two weeks without booze - they perhaps have bigger issues than not being able to access booze !

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, MAF666 said:

Wish I packed some Grey Goose leaving Sydney yesterday, hoped to grab supplies at Swampy, but completely controlled going through, nothing open.

ASQ hotel firmly declined my request for a 6 pack, quoting gov refs.

At least I have a balcony and an espresso machine...

The quality tourists are back. 

At least the Thai breweries are saved now ????

Edited by CH1961
added some content

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

The quality tourists are back. 

At least the Thai breweries are saved now ????

No tourists are flying to Thailand ATM. Everybody on the flight had a Thai  wife and/or Thai children and owned at least 1 property, as I do.