Half of Republicans say Biden won because of a 'rigged' election: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

16 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Wasn't it a rigged election when Trump won?????

Rigged implies corrupt tampering with the mechanics of the election system (voting machines, ballot counting fraud,  voter fraud, etc.). No 2016 wasn't rigged in that way. Neither was 2020. 

That's a different thing than what was proven about Russia's actions in 2016. Actively trying to help get Mr. Trump elected through fake social media activities, etc.. It's known that they tried to do the former (see rigged above) in 2016 but failed. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

The good news is that 50% of Republicans believe Biden won fairly. That's a big measure for that crazy, divided country.

From the OP report:

Fifty-two percent of Republicans said that Trump "rightfully won," while only 29% said that Biden had rightfully won.

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, but scary if you extrapolate this to mean that 25% of the adult population of the USA are a bunch of nuts!

Very true.....

Whilst you can (possibly) say that about 5% of Antipodeans,Canadians,English and Germans are a total bunch of nuts-the 25% is certainly totally awesome..

But don't about 30% of Americans think that the world is 6,000 years old?

If it wasn't Donald Trump then it would be the Reverend. (self proclaimed) Creflo Dollar..I urge you to look him up on google or youtoob and "witness" the madness...

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Sad so many buy into Trump's lies.   But, as I said in a post on another thread, Trump is the ultimate and biggest loser with his mail-in voter fraud lies.  Just yesterday a Georgia Republican official said that some 24,000 Republican voters, who had voted in the primary by mail, decided not to vote by mail in the general election, possibly because of Trump strongly urging them not to, and they failed to show up to vote in person on election day.  So, 24,000 lost Republican votes.

Those voters could have swung the state to Trump.  Had Trump wholeheartedly  embraced mail-in voting and started vigorously early like the Democrats to get out every single mail-in vote his volunteers could find, instead of waiting until the few hours of election day to get voters to the polls, he might have added enough votes to his totals to carry all of the states he narrowly lost.   Nice, for once, that Trump screwed himself rather than America.

A slightly disconcerting thought, but in the scenario which you outline Trump could (yet again) have ended up as president yet have lost the popular vote by a significant (5 million or so) number of votes!

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Oh yes they could....

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

I just did!

Blimey 'O'Reilly! What a bunch! I mean they must have been on a special course - no one could be that bat <deleted> barking crazy naturally, now could they?

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Oh yes they could....

A very scary thought!

• Like 2

At least Trump was/is one of the rare POTUS who keeps up a kind of independent way of ruling. Trying as much as possible not to be the poodle of the establishment like Big Money and the Militairy Industrial Complex (MIC).

Establishment for whom some former presidents (Wilson and Eisenhower I believe) WARNED in their farewell speech.

Wouldn't be surprised if he will say something similar when his time comes to say goodbye.

Not really a Trump fan but I respected him for that and by seeing his successor, I pity that he probably will not get the chance to finish the job to drain the Swamp. 

I not see him run for POTUS in 2004 because the momentum is lost then.

Lost Chance.

Edited by Jack Mountain
  • Haha 1