Calls to ban smoking in condominiums in Thailand

webfact

7 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I have a condo and so does the guy next door. Whenever he goes on his balcony for a smoke the stench wafts into all the neighbors condos including mine. It seems reasonable said guy should leave the building for a smoke.

Do you keep your windows open or something like that ? I feel that some people are over sensitive. I am a non smoker. Parents and brother smoked i did not like it much when in a car. But inside a house / condo.. no problem.

But you got those air purifiers you can buy they remove smoke from the air too not just PM2.5. Maybe a good idea for smokers that bother others.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Different story if they really bother other people then sure ban it. But in a closed condo with maybe an air cleaner (those PM2.5) things i would not have a problem. I would have a problem in the common area's.

I find it strange how people say that smoke travels far. I would say normally it would be gone quite fast on a balcony. How it would go from one balcony into an other house. Maybe if its all really close together. Not saying its impossible. But I dont smell people smoking 5 meters away in the open air. 

If someone is smoking on the balcony under you and you have your balcony door open or windows you will cop it as we used too. Remember x smokers are more sensitive to cigarette smoke smell than others.

Unit living for me is in the past, never again, it's either a villa, or townhouse in the future when I get older, but for now it's the country life in our big house taking in the start of the burning season.

Man Coughing Gif - Sample Product Tupperware

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never smoked in my life. But I had and have friends who smoke. And I go to bars were officially smoking is banned but nobody cares. And I am just fine. Let smokers smoke. Have a little tolerance.

It makes sense that people don't smoke in offices or i.e. a bank. But people who smoke their whole life should be able to go on the balcony or in front of the door or wherever and have a cigarette (of cigar, or pipe).

If smoking is soooo bad then make it a crime to sell cigarettes. And maybe also make it a crime to sell alcohol.

And maybe to be sure don't allow any car with more that 50HP or a top speed over 100km/h. 

I am sure there are many other rules and laws which would be for the "benefit" of the people.
Yeah, sure.

Enjoy life - and let the smokers enjoy their life.

Most of us have some habits which others don't like. Should all be illegal? Over to you.

Just wait and see ...Next they'll be trying to make pot illegal for no good reasons :annoyed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1