GLO rubbishes rumours of winning numbers being leaked to its staff

webfact

Imagine being given the winning ticket numbers and then trying to chase down every bike peddling , board walking ticket vendor. 

Thailand claims to be a great hub of invention - but cannot handle a digital lottery like the rest of the civilised world - that said I guess unemployment would rise 10% if the ticket salesmen lost their work  !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Who would pay 120 No way 

Vendors typically charge 10% on top of the 100thb ticket price so if you are buying 5 at 100thb per ticket they will charge you an additional 10% so 550thb.

The Thai logic being if you win you will win more with more tickets or so I was told by a local vendor here in Chonburi.

:crazy:

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Vendors typically charge 10% on top of the 100thb ticket price so if you are buying 5 at 100thb per ticket they will charge you an additional 10% so 550thb.

The Thai logic being if you win you will win more with more tickets or so I was told by a local vendor here in Chonburi.

That is not "Thai logic".  Multiple tickets of the same winning numbers mean multiple payouts, i.e if you buy 10 tickets with the same winning number your prize is multiplied by a factor of ten.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spatiumus said:

That is not "Thai logic".  Multiple tickets of the same winning numbers mean multiple payouts, i.e if you buy 10 tickets with the same winning number your prize is multiplied by a factor of ten.

Isn't that what I explained?

They charge more for purchases of multiple tickets because you may win more. Thai logic.

3 hours ago, overt2016 said:

Didn't our revered PM declare six years ago that he would end the sale of tickets over 80Baht?

He did although I dont remember exactly when. Some vendors complied for a while but its been a long time since I have seen an 80 baht ticket for purchase. 100 baht seems the norm around Pattaya although I rarely buy one. Another directive that is soon ignored. 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand claims to be a great hub of invention - but cannot handle a digital lottery like the rest of the civilised world - that said I guess unemployment would rise 10% if the ticket salesmen lost their work

Oh but they did decide to introduce a digital lottery. I contract was signed with a company who imported the machines to be installed at retail points but then the money-making VIPs operating the current lottery got the whole thing cancelled. All this was in years gone by.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Except clairvoyant monks and holy tree trunks.

And talking buffalo!

Thailand wishes to be thought of as a digital hub of technology yet still prints out paper tickets!  These papers can be subject to abuse.

13 hours ago, Spatiumus said:

And if your number doesn't come up, you LOSE ten times as much.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, webfact said:

GLO confirmed that its lottery draw procedure strictly conformed to the ISO 9001:2015 standard

Not sure of the 2015 bit, but if memory serves me right ISO 9001 requires you to comply to the letter of the written procedures that are in place, and if one procedure tells you to inform "X" that a specific number will be drawn, you must do so, even if later that is proven to be illegal, you have still met the ISO 9001 standard, and it runs the risk of failing standards not to to inform "X".