PM urges Thai people not to panic in wake of new wave of COVID-19 infections

webfact

2 hours ago, berton said:

who ask for army job? ..did you go seeing what they do?

do you wake up at night to go in the forest checking if soldiers are there...and some volunteers to stop birmese..

so many people on forums speaking about things that they are so far away....and judge !!!

Burmese

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

scan the Thai Chana application every time they enter and exit a public venue.

Few places in Pattaya even display the QR code to scan anymore, nor have a log to sign for those without the app. Most have also stopped the silly temperature scanning.

A few places, that’s not true. Most places do display the QR code, a sign sheet (optional) but not the temperature scanning. 

Malls entrance have all

Big C, and Tesco Lotus has all

None of the bars are scanning Temperatures, this I was told by a regular bar hopper. 
Outside restaurants only sign-in sheets, they don’t even check temperatures especially on beach road Pattaya and Jomtien. 

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from another site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

10 hours ago, nightfox said:

Nonsense, you will just have to pay for it just like any thing else being a foreigner living in Thailand and be the last in line to get the vaccine may it be in  2022 as there were reports today that Thailand only plans to vaccinate half the population in 2021.

Totally agree. In fact, the government has already said that private hospitals are free to negotiate their own deals with any of the vaccine makers. It should absolutely be available if you're willing to pay for it.

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

The health ministers screwed up face is matching his thinking .. or has he just detected that someone has experienced flatulence .. 

and no masks, like one big family

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Sure, many can share blame for this. But don’t forget where this virus came from originally. 

rumours rumours, have it it came from nature like the bubonic plague, spanish flu, regular flu, cancer, 

or do you suggest these came from a laboratory in China also. 

moreover, long time since someone mentioned aids as originating from a certain western run lab in Africa, guess the proponents of that theory got lost in the rain forest while looking for proof

Edited by KKr
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, lkv said:

Who is we, because the only place you will be getting it (and quicker than Thais), will be in your home country.

Rest assured that you will not qualify for a vaccine in Thailand unless you hold PR (maybe), or citizenship.

No not true, according to the latest press release in NZ, Thailand will be manufacturing the Astra Zenneca vaccine under licence by a pharmaceutical company owned by the King. They plan to vaccinate up to 70 percent, starting middle 2021.

Thailand is also looking to secure supplies from China and other country's. 

The press says manufacturing in the Thai facility is underway and that foreigners will be offered the vaccine on the same terms as Thais 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, KKr said:

rumours rumours, have it it came from nature like the bubonic plague, spanish flu, regular flu, cancer, 

or do you suggest these came from a laboratory in China also. 

moreover, long time since someone mentioned aids as originating from a certain western run lab in Africa, guess the proponents of that theory got lost in the rain forest while looking for proof

Calm down CCP boy. No-one's suggesting it was manufactured - that is waaay beyond the Chinese - but it did indeed originate there. The childish defense / retaliation tactics speak volumes and don't work bruv. Everyone knows who is guilty and should pay. Just accept it and bow your head. The world is coming for you.

PANIC!

In the US the media went on and on about "Don't panic. Listen to your authorities" in the early months.

1) The only panic I saw was people buying too much toilet paper.

2) Our "authorities" told us that MASKS do more harm than good for months after a goof like me knew they protected the wearer and others.

"Idiocracy" is a documentary. 

-ding

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

No not true, according to the latest press release in NZ, Thailand will be manufacturing the Astra Zenneca vaccine under licence by a pharmaceutical company owned by the King. They plan to vaccinate up to 70 percent, starting middle 2021.

Thailand is also looking to secure supplies from China and other country's. 

The press says manufacturing in the Thai facility is underway and that foreigners will be offered the vaccine on the same terms as Thais 

Would you provide me with the link that states that?

Because I tell you what i found:

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

====

....Bangkok-based Siam Bioscience signed a letter of intent with AstraZeneca late last month to make 200 million doses of the British pharmaceutical firm's COVID-19 vaccine, AZD1222....

Nakorn said most of the doses would head abroad.....

....Thailand will secure only 26 million doses.

Because those taking AstraZeneca's vaccine will need two doses each, the 26 million jabs Thailand has reserved will be enough for 13 million people, about a fifth of the country's population. How the rest of the doses are rolled out across Southeast Asia, a region of over 650 million people, will be up to the British firm, said Nakorn.

=========

So as you can see, the Astra Zeneca vaccine will be rolled out in the second half of 2021, to cover 20% of the Thai population. Most of it is for export.

Since in every country, demand for the vaccine well exceeds the supply, what makes you think that you, as a foreigner, will access this vaccine any time soon in Thailand, even with money?

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 5:44 AM, lkv said:

Who is we, because the only place you will be getting it (and quicker than Thais), will be in your home country.

Rest assured that you will not qualify for a vaccine in Thailand unless you hold PR (maybe), or citizenship.

I would bet in Thailand money would speak louder than words in that regard. If its true in every other single thing in Thai society I am sure there will be plenty of big name private hospitals happy to sell vaccine to Johnny Falang and a good profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

Would you provide me with the link that states that?

Because I tell you what i found:

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

====

....Bangkok-based Siam Bioscience signed a letter of intent with AstraZeneca late last month to make 200 million doses of the British pharmaceutical firm's COVID-19 vaccine, AZD1222....

Nakorn said most of the doses would head abroad.....

....Thailand will secure only 26 million doses.

Because those taking AstraZeneca's vaccine will need two doses each, the 26 million jabs Thailand has reserved will be enough for 13 million people, about a fifth of the country's population. How the rest of the doses are rolled out across Southeast Asia, a region of over 650 million people, will be up to the British firm, said Nakorn.

=========

So as you can see, the Astra Zeneca vaccine will be rolled out in the second half of 2021, to cover 20% of the Thai population. Most of it is for export.

Since in every country, demand for the vaccine well exceeds the supply, what makes you think that you, as a foreigner, will access this vaccine any time soon in Thailand, even with money?

What Thailand do you live in? It will be all about money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Calm down CCP boy. No-one's suggesting it was manufactured - that is waaay beyond the Chinese - but it did indeed originate there. The childish defense / retaliation tactics speak volumes and don't work bruv. Everyone knows who is guilty and should pay. Just accept it and bow your head. The world is coming for you.

sorry, cannot find the frame of reference nor follow the logic of your answer, if any. 
and a CCP boy, is what ?

On 12/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, ezzra said:

Thailand don't have the money for vaccine, haven't you heard? they plan to go to the moon now... that said, the fact that they have allowed hundreds if not thousands of Burmese workers comes in and out the country unchecked while everyone else is quarantined, heads should roll for that...

I've noticed that the Burmese workers no only work together in groups but also sleep in share accommodation and when going out, hang together. This is definitely a big concern that should round them all up for testing before it's to late.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today called on the Thai people not to be panic over what he described as a new wave of COVID-19 infections and to keep themselves informed with updates from the CCSA and state agencies about the virus situation.

Perhaps the third wave will get him. 

10 hours ago, connda said:

I guarantee you.  I'm not panicking.  Everyone around me?  I can't speak for them, but given what I've seen over the last 8 months, most will panic.  Sad.

Fully agree.  Just read the Forum and you will come across many posts displaying 'virtual panic' from farangs staying at places sometimes hundreds of kilometers from the 'outbreak'.  You reap what you sow, and with fear-mongering over the regular channels for many months now, it is only natural that there is anxiety for the 'deadly killer virus'.  Sad indeed.