Lockdowns now in four provinces

webfact

Guess I need to see my doctor and dentist again before they lock the entire province down. 

Btw, where is the  three subdistricts – Tha Ton, Malika and Mae Ai. 

My doctors and dentists are downtown.

Edited by connda

At first, I was a little skeptical about lots of things..

BUT now, with tons of data points, I'm realizing Thailand KNOWS how to lockdown a country.

I understand 70 million isn't a ton....but that's impressive.

Other countries....."OK, it's really bad.  Lockdown in a week so you can prepare."  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

I hope I am not around to see that.

Thinks? I wouldn't be if everybody was wiped out.

Mother Nature is a bit peeved. She thinks this clever monkey experiment has gone awry. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

No but it makes sense to try and reduce the infection rate by limiting "out of hours" trading.

Maths would say no.... 100 people in one hour vs 10 people per hour for 10 hours?  = EASY

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

If you're doing some grocery shopping at 2am, chances are social distancing comes naturally.

Instead, you're taking those few folks who might shop after work at 2200 to 0400 and throw them into the crowded hours.

Precisely. "Few". Most of the shops we are talking about are 7-11's, mom/pops and CP. Surely they can plan their shopping a little better rather than walk in at 2am for a bottle of Johnny Walker...

It's an inconvience for sure but it does make sense to close them no matter what you may think.

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

it will never end

and we don't know how long until a new coronovirus is formed, which could wipe out the world's population

The current pandemic has been a test, if you like, on how people would deal with such a threat. And humanity has failed miserably. Total chaos, anarchy, stupid and ineffectual rules, selfishness (and not only from the 'entertainment providers' who crossed into Thailand illegally). Add that, according to various sources, half the people or more when asked say they won't take the vaccine and you are right - it will never end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Guess I need to see my doctor and dentist again before they lock the entire province down. 

Btw, where is the  three subdistricts – Tha Ton, Malika and Mae Ai. 

My doctors and dentists are downtown.

Glad you asked.

My wife has been inundated with messages from family (down south) and friends asking how it is now that 'Chiang Mai' is locked down. Chiang Mai Province is NOT locked down. Only one small part (three tambons within Mae Ai district) in the far north of the Province that borders Myanmar.

Chiang Mai city and the vast majority of the Province still open as normal.

• Like 1

Numerous posts have been removed for trolling, misinformation, off-topic, spelling police, etc etc...

Please be mindful of the forum's rules relating to CV topic posting:

"Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site."

13 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I don't agree with that. C19 is mutating at a much faster rate than any vaccine can be produced and tested, so whatever vaccine they eventually come up with will have zero effect on mutated strains of the virus.

I think you'll find that all viral pandemics eventually weaken and become members of common complaints, like colds, sinusitis, flu, coughs, and the like. If that's the case, the fit and healthy won't even need vaccinations. Unless I'm mistaken, and there are pandemics raging everywhere? If so, you might like to enlighten the forum?

Edited by Stubby

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

I think you'll find that all viral pandemics eventually weaken and become members of common complaints, like colds, sinusitis, flu, coughs, and the like. Unless I'm mistaken and  there are pandemics everywhere? If so, you might like to enlighten the forum?

not sure what you mean by your last sentence, not question. The vaccines that have been in production and testing are for the original strain that swept the world. All the latest outbreaks are mutated strains, and they are reportedly more virulent than the original strain and therefore spread even faster than the original. Yes it may eventually weaken and finish u like the flu etc, but it will be years before that happens according to those scientists involved in identifying the new strains.