What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

He didn’t fair too well on Dragon’s Den.

Very funny---I guess you would have to be a Brit to get P45 joke ....(and be given it a few times)..

----------------

An employer issues an employee with their form P45 at their date of termination

Soo, looking for some lengthy series to get my teeth into I tried the following.

Supernatural ( tv series 2005 - 2020 )

327 eps ( yes 327 !! ) 

8.4 imdb 

With all those eps and a high IMDb score this could see me for life !!

Nope ……. lasted 3 eps.

Run of the mill sci fi which will appeal more to teenagers I think.

A couple of young good looking brothers with an endless supply of weapons and fake id’s driving a muscle car and helping out folks who are being terrorised by some mythical being, beautiful young girl compulsory in every episode I guess.

Might have lapped this up 45 years ago but need something a little more inspiring nowadays.

Vera ( tv series 2011 - ) 

46 eps

8.0 imdb 

Brenda is a great actress ( actor ?? ) but straight away I thought she doesn’t suit the grizzled angry Vera character. Lasted 1 1/2 eps and got the distinct feeling that the premise of taking a cut and dry case which seems to morph into a spiderweb of deception and murder wasn’t going to make the grade.

Just watch 10 minutes of S01E02 to see what I mean.

[One minute they are investigating a woman killed by a bus , which somehow leads to a murder case she was jailed for 11 years ago and is apparently innocent !! ]
So, sorry Vera, I’ll put you on the back burner for now and maybe return some rainy Sunday .

Bosch ( tv series 2014 - 2021 )

68 eps 

8.4 imdb 

This one seems to get mixed reactions from the TVF Movie and TV Critics but I will give it a go.

Watch this space !!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bosch ( tv series 2014 - 2021 )

68 eps 

8.4 imdb 

This one seems to get mixed reactions from the TVF Movie and TV Critics but I will give it a go.

This one looks like a keeper , good old down to earth cop/detective drama.

Who knows I might revisit Hill Street Blues after this !!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This one looks like a keeper , good old down to earth cop/detective drama.

Who knows I might revisit Hill Street Blues after this !!

I got my first VDO recorder just so I'd never miss an episode of Hill Street Blues ( back when they cost a LOT of money ). I hope I never see a re run as it might be too dated to watch. Better to keep the happy memory, than suffer another disappointment.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I got my first VDO recorder just so I'd never miss an episode of Hill Street Blues ( back when they cost a LOT of money ). I hope I never see a re run as it might be too dated to watch. Better to keep the happy memory, than suffer another disappointment.

Me and my then wife would cut a night out short to get home in time for HSB , I think it was on late Friday evenings.

Hard to believe it was 40 years ago.

The whole thing is on fmovies if I want to watch it but, like you say, probably better to keep it in the memory banks , after all it will only remind me of my 1st wife !! ????

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Me and my then wife would cut a night out short to get home in time for HSB , I think it was on late Friday evenings.

Hard to believe it was 40 years ago.

The whole thing is on fmovies if I want to watch it but, like you say, probably better to keep it in the memory banks , after all it will only remind me of my 1st wife !! ????

& @thaibeachlovers don't worry about that, the great characters, acting and writing throughout this show leaves it still very watchable to this day and beyond imho.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, BritManToo said:

Season 3 of Britannia appeared today.

Nothing like a bit of a Roman orgy and killing the Brits.

Really enjoyable show with a great soundtrack from the much underestimated and often overlooked (IMHO) Donovan.

• Like 1

A feel good movie for to feel good:-

12 Mighty Orphans   2021    ----  Luke Wilson - Martin Sheen

Texas Feel Good Film

Based on a true story, this movie captures the true essence of the underdog. The Mighty Mites has a story to tell and Ty Roberts tells it.

Haunted by his mysterious past, a devoted high school football coach leads a scrawny team of orphans to the state championship during the Great Depression and inspires a broken nation along the way.

1631489754_12Mighty.jpg.b19592c55aa0969bb30bb985b8a2b523.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 3:17 PM, sanuk711 said:

<Snip>

Cardinal---23 Episodes 4 series --Excellent series , Dark crimes & quite Violent---about the best I have seen come from there.

</Snip>

Just finished season 1 of Cardinal. As you say dark and violent. Very good IMHO. Thanks @sanuk711. Currently available on iPlayer.

• Thanks 1

{I am watching a season per week in preparation for November's season 9 premier}

Dexter:
season 1
"The first season of Dexter is an adaptation of Jeff Lindsay's first novel in a series of the same name, Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Subsequent seasons have featured original storylines. This season aired from October 1, 2006 to December 17, 2006, and follows Dexter's investigation of "the Ice Truck Killer".(Wikipedia)

Season 1-8 1080p BluRay ReEnc DeeJayAhmed

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1