Samut Sakhon confirms another 900 COVID-19 cases

webfact

29 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Vitamin D.Fish is an excellent source (or sauce) of vitamin D and here in SE Asia they love their fish and fish sauce.It seems that Vitamin D plays a significant role in the health of people's immune systems and then add the previous exposures to other corona viruses (Sars and Mers) which may provide additional protection against more severe infection.I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's quite possible that there "maybe" more to this than meets the eye.Dr John Campbell goes into this topic quite extensively if you can get through his youtube vids. 

I reckon it's the other Thai 'vitamin' D aka the King of Fruits... durian.

That and amulets. Lots of 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trentham said:

Thailand should have tested and quarantined everybody entering the country like Australia, New Zealand and many others.

More than 2,650 people were allowed off the Ruby Princess without being tested.

It led to 28 death This was the PM of Australia in who allowed his religious nutter friends leave the Ruby Princess without so much as a "don't forget your suitcase". 
I do hear what you are saying though, after THAT Australia has done a pretty good job

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Well if you test lots of people you will get lots of positive results. Do they not think that this flu has been here for ages, but the lack of testing meant low numbers?

Maybe they're using this for other reasons, not just to protect us all!

Thailand had several months without infections here. It wasn't lower numbers it was no numbers! Why some people keep saying it was only because of no testing I will never understand. No infections means no need to test. If large numbers of people were infected in Thailand all along then that would clearly have shown up on hospital admissions. Stop the conspiracy <deleted>. I work with hospitals and there has been no cover up!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Mr Prayut, this is not something to be proud of. Listen to your experts in the CCSA, for goodness sake. Get your finger out and fix it!

Are you sure it's him pulling the strings, or is it someone else pulling his strings, without mentioning names, think about it for a minute ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Are you sure it's him pulling the strings, or is it someone else pulling his strings, without mentioning names, think about it for a minute ????

Do I detect the sound of sharpe edges on honing steels?A sturdy back plate maybe advisable.Snakes and ladders anyone?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

So today's total of new cases is going to top 1,000 for the first time. Might even top 1,500 if it's been a bad day in the provinces.

Mr Prayut, this is not something to be proud of. Listen to your experts in the CCSA, for goodness sake. Get your finger out and fix it!

..exactly...i would like to be able to listen to just ONE government spokesperson and read just ONE official news update.

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Yet on Jan. 5 no government shutdown for Samut Sakhon.???

Ref. Thai Visa forum

Is this a policy of business over lives?

Could be a policy to take care of those who are not sick, if you are sick they will care for you as well.One doesn't have to choose one over the other you can care for both but apparently many don't concur.It sounds like Thailand might be in financial quicksand and so it might come down to the fact that business helps people buy food and other things considered necessary for survival.Sometimes when you try too hard you can come a gutser, or crash and burn. 

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

So today's total of new cases is going to top 1,000 for the first time. Might even top 1,500 if it's been a bad day in the provinces.

The whole world has got their finger out trying to fix it but it ain’t been fixed yet DR

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Clearly Mr. Prayuth needs to hire you as an advisor. Never mind that prior to this outbreak, which can be traced to immigrants who snuck in illegally or were allowed by unscrupulous officials to bypass immigration quarantine and secondarily a gambling den in Rayong, Thailand was ranked one of the top few safest countries due to their efficacious and thorough handling of the first outbreak. Did Prayuth do OK by you during that? Unless you somehow think that one man can be Superman and be in all places at one, or a messiah who works miracles, you cannot blame him and him alone. This is a new and unprecedented crisis for which no one was completely prepared, nor could they have been. Even the most qualified experts were baffled and unable to effectively respond at first. This is a hyper-contagious virus doing what viruses do - spreading virally. There is no magic wand you can wave to make it go away or stop it from spreading. There is no way to control an entire population and prevent breaches of protocols. Your oversimplification and rush to scapegoat one person represent a fallacious interpretation and a fantasy rather than a reality as to the modern world .  There is a time lag between the incubation period of the virus, its detection, and rallying an effective response with minimal collateral damage. Those infected do not immediately show symptoms while they are contagious and so the contagion was well under way  before the first cases were detected. There are presently serious second waves of covid in every other country who thought they had it under control, and Thailand turns out to be just as vulnerable. Whom shall we blame in THOSE countries? Perhaps it's you rather than Prayuth who should be ashamed of a rush to judgment against  people who are doing their best to address something that's bigger and more unpredictable than anything that has come before. You may even be an anti Asian racist. This is Thailand (TIT, duh!) , it is not your country or your culture and your superficial statements reveal  you to be unqualified to judge. There are no more flaws in Thai government than in any other developed so called democratic  country. I am from the US, yeah the champion of democracy and "leader of the free world", which is an example of everything done wrong largely because of one man who actually DOES deserve the blame as a failed leader, and secondarily because of an arrogant, ignorant,  and defiant population who either think this is a hoax or the are imagining they have a constitutional right to endanger others by refusing safety measures. Even now with the vaccine in hand the distribution of that vaccine by the US  health system is being thoroughly botched. You quoted numbers like an armchair quarterback/mathematician/epidemiologist but your numbers are made up with no expertise. I do not guess or speculate, here are some real numbers.  In the state I'm from, Connecticut, with a population of 3.5 million, has had over 190,000 cases. Even with this latest outbreak, compare Thailand's 9000 cases in a country of 70 million. Thailand's response has been laudable by any measure you can reasonably use compared to the anyone. There is NOTHING for any Thai official to be ashamed of. What about YOUR country? How are THEY doing?  If you're from the US, nothing further to say. Except to say I was among the ignorant in the beginning, I made ignorant statements claiming expertise that I did not have, and I was thus a fool among many. But I paid attention and LEARNED. After nine months of this there is no excuse for ANYONE to not be up to speed as to the difficulties for EVERYONE in containing this. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Is it too much to ask that the government posts COVID case information for each Thai province? I would like to be making informed decisions about my personal welfare, not relying on lockdowns after the horse has already bolted from the stable. Is there a website that posts current province information?

• Like 1

Theres a sad sort of clanking from the clock in the hall, and the bells in the steeple too. And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping up to say cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Regretfully they tell us, but firmly they compel us, to say goodbye to you. So long, farewell, Aufwiedersehn, goodnight.

I wont print it all, I am sure you get the picture.

3 hours ago, beano2274 said:

no really they should have closed their borders properly, but too many people would have lost money so a lot of backhanders were paid out

I agree Beano2274 . I would also add , if  they wish to blame anyone it should be the persons behind the business's that were and are employing the illegal migrants . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Can you name a country that started doing more widespread testing a year ago and is ahead of the curve? AFAIK, right now, Taiwan, Korea and Japan are bringing the shutters down pretty quickly.

testing tells you the extent of the problem and what action needs to be taken depending on numbers and location - otherwise how would you have any idea 

How many people in Pattaya right now are infected with the Chinese Virus - well nobody knows exactly do they, random sample testing across the population would give you a reasonably accurate assessment  of the extent of the spread - no need to test everyone 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Nearly 71 per cent of 900 new cases in Samut Sakhon are Myanmar migrants

By THE NATION

800_9f4565616fa9110.jpg?v=1609909203

Some 900 people tested positive in Samut Sakhon recently, a provincial health official said on Wednesday.

The official told Nation TV that the province had recently tested 3,800 people as part of its aggressive Covid-19 testing campaign. The results of some 900 people had come back positive.

“There are rumours shared on the internet that the 900 new cases were from a canned fish factory in the province, and that the government’s CCSA [Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration] has not been notified yet, and that the province was forced to shut down the factory, ordering all employees to self-quarantine at home,” said the official. “All these rumours are false. The 900 new cases have been found across several factories in the province since the new wave of the outbreak had been reported, and the province has already submitted the statistics to the CCSA.”

Meanwhile, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, said on Tuesday that the cluster cases in Samut Sakhon had been spreading to 45 provinces nationwide, and 71 per cent of patients are Myanmar migrants, 24 per cent are Thais and 5 per cent are of other nationalities.

“Accumulated confirmed patients in the province are at 2,296. These are the results of active case finding by public health officers in several factories in the province,” he added. “If a factory is found to have several infected people, we will turn it into a quarantine facility for its infected employees. Those who have severe symptoms will be sent to a hospital for

treatment, while those who have been tested positive with no symptoms for more than 10 days will be allowed to live in a controlled zone together with those who have been ordered to undergo a 14-day quarantine.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400767

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-06

no farangs to blame now so pick on the next lowest hanging fruit.... if you test more migrants than thais of course you're going to get higher figures for migrants doh...

• Like 1