Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so your memory is so poor you cant remember having a lengthy conversation with me about someone calling me a traitor BUT you can remember the huge number of anti English posts here on TVF that no-one else is able to recall.

Aye right. 

My memory is second to none, why don't you show me your evidence and put us all out of your misery.????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No need, I recall the same, multiple times even.

Well you should have very little trouble unearthing exhibit 'B' then, but I think it might be better if I don't wait with baited breath. Hearsay holds very little value I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Please explain how that along with your previous post relates to the point in question.

"When 85% of a sample is from the same source, the outcome is effectively predetermined, "

More tangents than a fruit stall. Time to stop digging.

Scotland took part in a national referendum where every vote counts, Its simple they lost 

17,410,742 VOTES for leave 16,141,241 VOTES for remain leave majority 1,269,501

Its simple if you are unwilling to accept the outcome in a national referendum don't vote

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

So you also have chosen the coward's option - there are plenty of you on these threads, so you are not alone. 

I really don't understand where you and @Rookiescotare coming from.

I have said nothing derogatory about either of you or the Scottish people. All I have done is speak factually and truthfully.

In return I have been called a coward, been accused of lying, not answering questions (even when I did), had my education questioned, been asked to divulge how I vote, been told that "my" country has done this and that and that "your" country has never done anything wrong or been given a chance......etc. All just to please yourselves even though what you accuse me of if false.

If I've said it once I've said it a dozen times...if Scotland wants independence then go for it and good luck. However, if they do go for it and Indyref2 has the same result as Indyref2 please don't come back here and blame anyone other than the Scottish electorate.

You had your chance in 2014 and blew it. If you don't get another chance then just accept it, it was your politicians that said "One opportunity" after all. If you do get a second chance then make sure you get it right. If it all goes wrong again the blame can only lay in one place.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You don't understand it? You tell me with confidence that my political views are borne of hatred for English people yet you refuse to offer one single example. You are happy to throw mud at my name yet when I politely ask you to explain in more detail, you retort with 'it's there if you look'. You think that there is nothing derogatory about this:

image.png.d0947ff7fd1bef8057cf4f41e95a6a9d.png

You literally state that my own post history has 'plenty of comments' where I show a dislike / hatred of English people, and then you refuse to offer even one single example to back your assertion up? If you think that that is not derogatory, then we have very different understandings of the meaning of the word.

That is why I did, and I continue to accuse you of cowardice. You post lies to smear my name and they you walk away when challenged.

I am very open to honest, respectful debate, but I take great exception to being called a bigot. I have spent most of my adult life trying to be the opposite of that which you accuse me of, so forgive my outrage but that is how it is. 

I know what I read. If you can say with total confidence that you have shown no hatred towards the English then we shall have to agree to disagree.

However, such disagreement does not make me a coward, something you have accused me of in consecutive posts. 

You also accused me of mud slinging. Glass houses and pots and kettles spring to mind.

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I know what I read. If you can say with total confidence that you have shown no hatred towards the English then we shall have to agree to disagree.

However, such disagreement does not make me a coward, something you have accused me of in consecutive posts. 

You also accused me of mud slinging. Glass houses and pots and kettles spring to mind.

It is not a disagreement that causes me to accuse you of cowardice. It is your refusal to offer any evidence for the serious allegation you made against me. If evidence existed, you would post it. It doesn't exist but still you insist on smearing my name baselessly. That is as offensive as it is cowardly.

I am calling you out on your behaviour with clear examples to back up my position. There is no comparison between my posts and yours. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vogie said:

My memory is second to none, why don't you show me your evidence and put us all out of your misery.????

It seems that TVF does not store its old posts. Do a search on here for the word traitor and the oldest one you will find is from 5 days ago.

Use google and you will find none.

So I suppose it all comes down to who remembers what. Now I am sitting here confident in the knowledge that a Brexiteer did call me a traitor and you and I had a lengthy conversation over the fact you liked his post. At the time I even pointed out that as a veteran of the armed forces it was highly offensive to call me such a thing.

You on the other hand are sitting there either knowing what I have said is true or cannot remember anything about it.

In which case why are YOU questioning my memory?

In order to be generous I am going to assume that you simply cannot remember. Because otherwise I would need to assume you are lying.

So this leads us back to the question of people posting anti English sentiment here on TVF. 

You have given no evidence for such a statement. It would appear no-one else can remember any such posts and we have already established your memory is not so good.

So will you now admit that anti English posts have not been made by anyone here on TVF and that you simply made a mistake by declaring they had been?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It seems that TVF does not store its old posts. Do a search on here for the word traitor and the oldest one you will find is from 5 days ago.

Use google and you will find none.

So I suppose it all comes down to who remembers what. Now I am sitting here confident in the knowledge that a Brexiteer did call me a traitor and you and I had a lengthy conversation over the fact you liked his post. At the time I even pointed out that as a veteran of the armed forces it was highly offensive to call me such a thing.

You on the other hand are sitting there either knowing what I have said is true or cannot remember anything about it.

In which case why are YOU questioning my memory?

In order to be generous I am going to assume that you simply cannot remember. Because otherwise I would need to assume you are lying.

So this leads us back to the question of people posting anti English sentiment here on TVF. 

You have given no evidence for such a statement. It would appear no-one else can remember any such posts and we have already established your memory is not so good.

So will you now admit that anti English posts have not been made by anyone here on TVF and that you simply made a mistake by declaring they had been?

ThaiVisa does store old posts.

I have never called you a traitor, many Nationalists can be a little economic with the truth, if you are not prepared to offer any evidence to your statement, I will have to say it wasn't said and perhaps you again are trying these diversory tactics to draw attention away from the SNP problem you must be very worried about at the moment. Again you are bringing Brexit into a Scottish Indy thread.

But all this Sturgeon/Salmond entertainment has put an end to any chance of independence, the Scots are seeing that independence was never a good idea and public opinion is turning and possibly has turned from 'Yes to No', I believe it is pretty much 50 - 50 at the moment, Scottish Independence is like the rusty old SNP ferries languishing in a Clyde shipyard, it aint going anywhere.............popcorn time.????????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Very clever Vogie. I did not say YOU called me a traitor I said some other Brexiteer did and you liked their post.

We then had a lengthy discussion about that at the time because I was somewhat disappointed that you did upvote their post. Given my service in the army.

The rest of your post is simply deflection.  

Most posts that are the truth are often brushed aside as deflection, up to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Oh and if its so easy to find old posts then you should have no issues finding all those anti English posts that you claim have been made.

I have them, discussing other posters and cross posting is most definately not allowed on TV. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Most posts that are the truth are often brushed aside as deflection, up to you.

In what way is what you posted the truth? I am talking about when you liked a post calling me a traitor not the deflection you are trying interject. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

In what way is what you posted the truth? I am talking about when you liked a post calling me a traitor not the deflection you are trying interject. 

I suggest you find it and then report me, otherwise, give it a rest!

• Like 1

Blimey, the salty old Scot nats are still banging on about a second independence referendum...

I see the latest poll is back in favour of remaining in the UK if the 'don't knows' are taken into account. (We all know that the 'don't knows' go with the status quo) Not that polls matter anyway as the whole thing has already been put to bed in 2014.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So we are back to believing in polls again?

Well if the best they can muster during the height of Salmondgate is 50%, I think we can safely say that we have hit peak Yoon. The only way for them now is down... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

It's really shocking what's going on in Scotland now with the Sturgeon/Salmond saga. If this is the result of devolved powers then god help them if they ever left the UK and had full control over the country. Imagine the damage they could do in the decade or two before possibly being allowed into the EU. There would be nothing left for Brussels to take over. Would the EU even want what was left?

Scottish politics is really embarrassing itself and by association, UK politics as a whole.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9297015/ANDREW-NEIL-Nicola-Sturgeons-storm-troops-turned-Scotland-banana-republic.html

Andrew Neil sums it up brilliantly as he so often does. Let's hope the divisive, dishonest Sturgeon does the right thing for once and resigns this week. A shocking state of affairs north of the border.

image.png.4d69257cf8011568d63fff5f3ac35552.png

Whats the hallmark of a banana republic? Corruption?

You can find no better example of corruption than handing lucrative government contracts to friends and party donators now can you.

So basically Scotland is already part of a banana republic called the UK.

Are you implying the UK is too stupid to run its own affairs? 

So whatever future Scotland might have or have not it cant be as bad as remaining part of the UK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1