The Cheapest..

On 1/31/2021 at 8:35 PM, Bangyai said:

Only decent white sand beach I've sat on is at Ko Samet.

Stayed at Laem Sadet, Chao Lao and Mae Pim several times. Ok beaches but hardly ' white sand '.

Cha Am nice ( quiet at South end )

Hua Hin   ok bit poor beach access

Pran Buri ok but not white sand

Prachuab  ok but not much of a beach

Phuket some decent beaches but not as cheap as Pattaya

Ko Samui nice beaches but again not as cheap as Pattaya

Songkla not a white sand beach.

These are the beaches I have stayed at over the years bit IMO Philippines has nicer beaches ( but plenty of not nice ones too )

Not really a bucket and spade person. Spent a lot more time inland.

I always find beaches a strange one here. I think so much depends on winds, waves etc. Amazingly i have been on the beach down in Rayong not far from Mataphut and the water was absolutely crystal clear, even when neck high could see through the water like being in a bath tub, on the other hand i have been when you could not see your toes in 6 inches of water.

Had the same on Samui, i have seen chaweng bath water clear and beautiful and then a couple of days later just a dull, dirty cesspit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

I always find beaches a strange one here. I think so much depends on winds, waves etc. Amazingly i have been on the beach down in Rayong not far from Mataphut and the water was absolutely crystal clear, even when neck high could see through the water like being in a bath tub, on the other hand i have been when you could not see your toes in 6 inches of water.

Had the same on Samui, i have seen chaweng bath water clear and beautiful and then a couple of days later just a dull, dirty cesspit.

And let's not forget the jellyfish i.e. in the Hua Hin region.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:55 PM, jingjai9 said:

I turn to this forum as a viable resource for general information. I feel it is here that I can communicate with many expats from various walks of life at different income levels with diversity of philosophy who know Thailand. What I would like to know follows:

What is the cheapest place in Thailand one could rent a room or condominium that is within one kilometer of a beach. A beach that has white sand and is "swimmable"?

Also a place that is within a 10-15 minute drive from a market or supermarket and also close to restaurants (does not have to serve farang food) and entertainment venues. The entertainment does NOT have to include "bargirl" type of nightlife.

I ask about the cheapest place in Thailand. It does not matter how much I have to spend as I only seek what the readership here thinks is the cheapest. Quality of life is subjective, but rent and costs of food and entertainment, I would say is objective.

Never found any place like that in Thailand.

Although the beach at DaNang in Vietnam is amazing and fulfills all your requirements.

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And let's not forget the jellyfish i.e. in the Hua Hin region.

Agree, Gulf of Thailand are visited by  these animals...Chanthaburi, Rayong, Koh Chang...

Edited by Tarteso