Honda Click 2012 - Not fireing

OffshoreMig

Hi. brother-in-law has a Honda Click 2012 and it is not starting

Starter motor works.  There is no spark

We took the spark plug, spark plug lead and coil and tested it on another bike and spark is good and strong.

Could CPU be problem? how can we test? Do not have a spare one to replace and test. New one costs 700THB

ThAnks in advance

Edited by OffshoreMig

54 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Does a Honda Click have a side-stand switch? Is the brake light system working. Brake lights on when the lever is pulled?

I think the starter motor also wouldn't work if the kickstand switch would be faulty, so probably not.

Just take it to some random motorbike mechanic, shouldn't take him too long to figure out what's wrong.

• Like 1

Is there a run/kill switch on the handlebars?

Edit: Would appear that the brake circuit will stop the starter being operated so if the starter turns then it is not the brake circuits.

Either the run/kill switch is in the "kill" postion or the side-stand switch is broken or not operating. As side-stand is under the bike and subject to water,road grime etc...... 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

This happened to me once. What had happened was a rat had somehow gotten inside and chewed through the cable that connected the safety mechanism (that prevents the bike being started when the side stand was down) and the ignition.

Long shot but worth checking.

You can try and see if both wires at the kickstand are connected. If yes, you could connect/bypass the two wires of the kickstand and see if it starts.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid it's the CPU. 

We had to change the part on our little Yamaha 110 cc four times now. 

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 1

The starter motor is controlled by a relay. That relay is at the same time controlled by the CPU. You have to find that relay, make sure the relay is not bad. Think of a relay as a switch, when the CPU tells it to close the starter motor cranks the engine, when CPU tells it to close it just cuts power to the starter. Find that relay, and check whether the CPU is giving the order for it to close.

• Like 1

i just bought an older honda click last week that had been sitting . if it's actually " cranking" than your ign. switch, kickstnd safety switch, front brake lever swtc are all functioning. and obviously battery capable. the starter relay& motor working as well. migwelder seems to be scratching at cause as we speak. mine's a few years older has magneto& cdi pack but no cpu. let us know how you make out. try a known good piece your idea

Edited by cali4995
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Is there a run/kill switch on the handlebars?

It is not the Kickstand or Kill Switch. 

The Starter motor turns over 

It (the problem) is intermittent. Some times it works and other times it does not. Starter motor kicks over - No Spark.

We are gong to replace the CDI. A bad connection in the CDI can cause this fault. Other possible cause we think could be the stator We will run a multi meter over it 

Thanks

On 1/31/2021 at 6:49 PM, OffshoreMig said:

Could CPU be problem? how can we test?

Should read could be CDI problem? How can I test?

We will buy a new one as I read that the CDI can have a soldering connection problem. Sometimes heating it with a heat gun helps.  This could be the cause of the intermittent loss of spark. I hope it is not the stator. But that is next on our list. Will do a wiring check again to make sure. but all looks good in the wiring front. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by OffshoreMig

don't think there is a multimeter test for cdi . having said that , found one on my mio , one of the wires leading into it was cut and bare-spliced back together golly gee

rotor-stator-rectifier issues do seem unlikely but maybe it has

100k on it who knows. wear a white lab coat & spectacles that

seems to teach the beast who's boss

Edited by cali4995
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

...and the answer was?

We replaced the CDI an it appears to be working more reliably.  I read tat dry solder joints is an common fault You can heat the CDI box with a heat gun and this can fix intermittent problems. If the fault come back I will post and update  Thanks all for your advice and comments. I am pleased it was not the stator

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

does anybody know what year Click started using CPU? 

What exactly do you mean by CPU? A new bike will usually have more than one processing unit.

If a bike has fuel injection it will at least have some kind of CPU. The Click comes with fuel injection since 2011 according to Google.

Edited by jackdd

my 2006 click 3,500฿ project bike just fired up. no keyset. 1/2 L fresh petrol . home 220v on-off switch. crusty brake and starter switches. im immensely pleased

getting seat open biggest ache in head

think click went fuel inj about 2011 , like you said. yamaha mio same. they sell diagnostic plug in tool. for some reason scoopy had fuel inj few yrs earlier. and had probs with that. you hear them crank & crank , sensors bad i guess

Edited by cali4995